• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Twinees' Sprites

Started by Twinees, September 19, 2009, 09:59:13 am

GeneralStrife

The Japanese made Cids and Yuffies are sorta done..they need decent portraits and fixes though.

Zozma

they're not good Gen-strife, at least i hate the AC versions because they took seemingly american looking characters and made them all suddenly asian-ish lol

Btw i see you have my Celia holy knight with short hair as an icon, shall i complete that version?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

GeneralStrife

Ahh It couldn't hurt! I put agrias redone's chest on the sprite and submitted it since it never was, but you could change it if you want to! I like the short hair better anyways.

Zozma

it was actually an early idea for making alicia and lavian having special sprites, but i just left the aspects of lede there

GeneralStrife

Yeah, i love this portrait. lol

Zozma

that was the way i was originally going to do Alicia's hair, before i used the Misty sprite

GeneralStrife

I agree on the wierd asian switch. First off barett is black lol.

Zozma

he looks strange, i have to be honest and say i prefer him looking more like mr T than half asian/white whatever lol

GeneralStrife

I Laughed my ass off when i looked at the two.
Also Tifa got a major breast reduction. lmao...

Zozma

i just think that if you make sequels and remakes that it should still be consistant. like how they changed terras haircolor in ff6 or made name changes in various games due to mistranslation (TOO LATE just leave it!) oh well

Twinees

@Wolfran, it is almost impossible to fit 'XIII' on a sprite this size unfortunately  :P, most people may not like him, but some do...  I do :D .
  • Modding version: PSX

Jon

With sequels the characters should get new clothes, but like you guys said, they shouldn't suddenly 'Asianfy'. Barret looks half white, half black and half Asian, if thats even possible. I did like his new weapon, though, looked awesome for the 15 seconds you see Barret in the movie. I think you might be the only one who would actually do a Cait Sith Twinees, I always hated that character, why didn't they just give you another Turk on your team or something...I didn't even know there was a Yuffie made, can you post it? I would really like to see it. Good luck with Red!

Edit: Didn't see that just now, I vote Yes for Biggs, Wedge and Jessie.
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Kagebunji

Quote from: "Cheetah"You mean the Final Fantasy VII patch that no one thinks should be made but that would likely get alot of attention?

No, Cheetah, I meant a patch in wich Nanaki comes instead of Cloud. Hmmm, I think Zozma mentioned something similiar...

Twinees

here u go

edit: just completed back facing view of Nanaki, it was difficult, ill post it when i have completed the entire backing walking animation

Kagebunji

I wonder why people use Female Thief's legs, they suck so much anyway. I see that to complete it some copy-pasting is needed for in-water animations

Jon

Thanks for posting this. I wonder who made this Yuffie. Its not too bad, but Yuffie doesn't have gray hair. And the lightest shade in the hair is the skin color which makes it look bad. The portrait is alright, but doesn't Yuffie have 2 very straight pigtails? I also don't like the female Thief base, but right now I can't think of a better base. Probably would be best to find a custom sprite on here as a base and work on that. Once Cacty is finished, I guess I could help out with some FF7 sprites, just wish I had more time and some more talent. But looking at Smash's and Zozma's stuff usually inspires me :mrgreen:, actually the spriters on here that are serious all are exceptional.

Twinees

Jon

Very good! This is perfect actually. I am just sitting here watching him walk :mrgreen:

Kagebunji

Hmm, I have no objections actually, it looks really good! Have you decided what you will do with the rest of the sheet?

Jon

You could try something fun if you got Photoshop Twinees: take one pose like the basic forward side front pose and then draw his legs sorta raised a bit like a cat getting ready to claw something. Now go to Filter and then Motion Blur under Blur (duh*slaps himself*). On a new layer make the blur affect (not too strong) and shift it a bit back and to the right. Now you got Red XIII doing his first Limit Break, Sled Fang, after 5 seconds of work. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, I could make an example, but this is your sprite, so I am keeping my hands off.