• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 09:08:09 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Altima 2 teleport crash

Started by drbretto, April 09, 2012, 09:50:40 pm

drbretto

Maybe someone here can help me figure out what I did here.

When Altima 2 teleports, I'm told that the graphic ends up looking like the wrong animation and the game freezes. Anyone have any clue where I could even begin to look for what could be causing that?

Eternal

If you edited the slot that uses her Teleport, it'll cause her stuff to bug. I think WotL has a hardcoded skill in that slot or something.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

drbretto

Well, this is gonna be fun figuring that one out :P

Rfh

No, you didn't. The slot that you can't edit in WotL IS number 28(Unknown), (number 40 in decimal)
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: rfh

drbretto

1FF, 1FE, 1E1, 1BB, and 028 are all "unknown" in the patcher and are all set to default values.

I am told that the spell effect looks like timed strike (from 1.3) when Altima lands, which is using spell effect 17D (Gore). I don't know if that effects anything.

drbretto

OH! Nevermind, I think I found it. I was using 28 as an effect for an "extra attack". Using guess what, gore as a spell effect.

Thanks for the help!!