• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 12:37:32 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

New jobs reverting to "villain" - WOTL

Started by drbretto, March 05, 2012, 12:36:20 pm

drbretto

March 05, 2012, 12:36:20 pm Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 12:47:17 pm by drbretto
Two quick questions:

-I'm trying to create a special unit that joins the party. I've done this like 6 times with absolutely no problems. Now, no matter what I do, this new unit turns into a "villain" on the formation screen and I can't train any of the new abilities.

I've tried editing 4 different jobs and each time, the unit has the proper skillset in the battle where you recruit it, but as soon as you go to the formation screen to change, it reverts back to villain for the main job. Get back into a fight and it goes back to the right skillset, but you can't use it.

Anyone else ever run into this? The only thing I can think of is that it's a sprite issue because it's the only common factor.

Edit: Yup, it's the sprite. I guess I have to edit the sprite for the same job that I'm trying to edit?

Second question: Has anyone here ever had any luck editing the onion knight? I was trying to change the job altogether but it seems to be hard coded to be useless. I add a skillset and it's like only random abilities are available (not sure if it has something to do with the number of mastered jobs or something). Anyone know of a way to change that job to a normal, trainable job?

Glain

The base job ID and sprite set ID are the same in the ENTD (it's basically the character ID), so if you change one, you change the other. Changing the unit's job without changing the base job means if you ever try to change the unit's job, the job the unit is currently in (if it's not a normal part of the job wheel) won't be an option, like you said.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

drbretto

Yeah, I got that part figured out now, but now I'm having another problem. The new skillset is a modified item skillset. I changed the flag on the dropdown menu on the action tab and the skillest works like a champ on the fight where you recruit the special. But when I go to train (and it's the right skillset and everything), when I bring the unit into the next battle, I can't use the skillset. It's grayed out ans says no useable abilities.