• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 05:01:00 am

ISO rebuilding issues

Started by drbretto, February 16, 2012, 06:27:39 pm

drbretto

Not too long ago, I extracted the ENTD files from a PSX ISO and imported them into an extracted PSP ISO and it worked with absolutely no problems.

Now, I was importing some sprites for the formation screens so I had to extract the WOTL ISO again. I edited it and repacked the fftpack file (which was the same size and was by all appearances successful) and when I rebuild the ISO, the file size is smaller.

If I open a WOTL ISO in powerISO, it shows as 399MB in windows explorer, but 379MB in powerISO, and that's the size it rebuilds it. When I thought I figured it out and re-did it with UMDgen, I get the exact same friggin thing.

I'll open the ISO in UMDgen, navigate to the psp_game directory, right-click and add the fftpack.bin file, overwrite the original and save as an uncompressed ISO, same thing. instead of 409056KB, the new file is 388772KB.

And it's not the fftpack.bin file because the unedited ISO shows up smaller right when you open it.

I'm missing something here.

drbretto

This is really getting frustrating...

Even if I directly extract the ISO, then repack it from a brand new file it's still exactly 388774KB when it needs to be 409056KB. It's saved to uncompressed .iso format. There's absolutely no reason for this to be happening.

What's worse is that I've done it before. And it worked. The first time. Without any problems whatsoever.

Gonna take a break and probably punch something.