• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 10:53:13 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

[SOLVED] fft - the lion war 2.0 (file corrupted on psp)

Started by Kikk0, December 13, 2021, 07:46:55 pm

Kikk0

Hellow & hi.

Long time lurker here, and had some good times modding the psp version of the game back in the day, courtesy of ffhacktics.

Now, thanks to youtube recommendations, I learned that FFT- The Lion War 2.0 is a thing and I have jumped right back into the game.

now here is my problem: I play on a modded psp go, using TN homebrew enabler. So I went and got the psx version of the game, used PPF-O-Matic to patch the game, and then used psx2psp to create an eboot of the patched game to play on the psp. But it shows up as file corrupted so I am unable to play.

Am I missing something or is there a way to make the patched game play on the psp go?

Sorry and thanks~!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Nyzer

It uses a custom SCUS ID, so it won't work that way. Not sure what the go-to solution has been for folks.

Kikk0

Wanted to give an update that may be helpful to anyone whom may be in the minority, like myself, trying to play The Lion War 2.0 patch on the psp.

1. got a psx .bin file of Final Fantasy Tactics. (Easy peezy)

2. got the Lion War and the movie patch from hacktics. (got me hyped due to the buzz of a possible fft remaster)

3. used pdx-pom3 to patch the psx .bin file. (yall made this easy to understand)

4. used "popstation gui" to make it into a an eboot for the psp to read. (for whatever reason this worked where "psx2psp" failed on me. I was able to set the game id and successfully export the eboot file. ONLY thing extra was setting the compression to 1 as apposed to 0 in order to get it to load properly on the psp)

So far so good. May be loosing some sleep playing and praying no issues arise.

just wanted to share what I found to anyone who may need the info. . .