• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:52:48 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Blue mage and the A.I.O (Solved)

Started by rrs_kai, October 05, 2014, 02:14:54 am

rrs_kai

October 05, 2014, 02:14:54 am Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 11:15:02 am by rrs_kai
When editing the blue mages skill set in the A.I.O ver0.7.7.1 job editor it shows Knife and Limit glove as learnable skills in the clean ROM?
asfaik they can't learn those skills, so why are they there in the AIO?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

bcrobert

If you look through their binary flags in the ability editor you'll notice that neither one is flagged as "learnable." That is the only reason the blue mage can't learn those skills.

They could have been intentionally cut later when someone pointed out how OP they are, or they could have been accidentally left out by human error. We can't ever know exactly what happened during development, but just think of them as two free empty slots for you to play with.

I like adding Sandstorm to the Blue Mage, personally. <3
My FFTA hacking tools: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=9559.0

Believe it or not, I'm still working on this game.

rrs_kai

October 07, 2014, 11:06:27 am #2 Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 11:16:30 am by rrs_kai
Quote from: bcrobert on October 05, 2014, 03:48:56 am
If you look through their binary flags in the ability editor you'll notice that neither one is flagged as "learnable." That is the only reason the blue mage can't learn those skills.

I am a noob. You help is greatly appriciated.

They could have been intentionally cut later when someone pointed out how OP they are, or they could have been accidentally left out by human error. We can't ever know exactly what happened during development, but just think of them as two free empty slots for you to play with.

Thank you for pointing it out.

I like adding Sandstorm to the Blue Mage, personally. <3

You have read my mind :P
Humans having access to blue magick means that they enjoy more sprite frames.
The moogle's also enjoy some extra sprite frames of a certain class...I'll leave it at that for now :twisted:
Montblanc may finally justify his place as a mage on your party now

Vaan

"    One of these days I'll fly an airship of my own. I'll be a sky pirate, free to go where I will.    ,,
   ~ Vaan

Kerafyrm Six

My question is similar to this but is about FFTA2, can one make blue mages learn monster abilities that he couldnt normal learn
I know about the check button but does anyone know how
also i would put question marks but the key doesnt work so yeah

TheClockworker

I have a little question
just think of them as two free empty slots for you to play with.

How can I actually "Use" those empty slots? do I have to change the skills of the monters? because I don't want to do that (A tonberry shouldn't have Blaster)

rrs_kai

Quote from: TheClockworker on October 21, 2014, 08:32:07 pm
I have a little question
How can I actually "Use" those empty slots? do I have to change the skills of the monters? because I don't want to do that (A tonberry shouldn't have Blaster)

Re-assign those skills in the job-editor and flag them as "learnable".

rrs_kai