• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:26:18 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

A little teaser of what's to come.

Started by Darthatron, July 12, 2014, 04:14:28 am

Darthatron

Hey everyone I feel like it's been a while since I've posted anything so I just thought I would show you what I've been working on!

This is what's to be the full release of All-In-One:

http://imgur.com/3Pwaw5K

I'm still working on porting the Job, Item, etc editors over from the beta version and will probably recode most of it, so there may not be a release any time soon, but I don't like leaving you all in the dark.

If anyone has any ideas, let me know: I would love to hear what you think.

Regards,
Darthatron
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Darthatron

bcrobert

I was wondering if this sexy bacon was ready for the pan. It was really hard trying not to mention your progress prematurely in random posts. :P
My FFTA hacking tools: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=9559.0

Believe it or not, I'm still working on this game.

Jumza

• Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

TheSleeperHit

July 21, 2014, 09:31:41 pm #3 Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 09:37:04 pm by TheSleeperHit
The possibility of breaking 999 hp limit using your editor will be a great addition to increase the difficulty of the game...

Is it possible to implement mission editor? (edit mission type, add and/or delete missions etc...)

Ohh I remembered.. If it's possible can you add in the item editing options new effects? Like passive haste /shell /protect/zombie/stone... The ability of adding new items using the free spaces would also be good...

I am so excited! :D This editor will open new possibilities... :D

Darthatron

Quote from: TheSleeperHit on July 21, 2014, 09:31:41 pm
The possibility of breaking 999 hp limit using your editor will be a great addition to increase the difficulty of the game...

Well this isn't really possible without a major overhaul of the in-game hub. Since that's the only reason bigger numbers can't be displayed.
Quote from: TheSleeperHit on July 21, 2014, 09:31:41 pmIs it possible to implement mission editor? (edit mission type, add and/or delete missions etc...)

Yes that will be included. :)
Quote from: TheSleeperHit on July 21, 2014, 09:31:41 pmOhh I remembered.. If it's possible can you add in the item editing options new effects? Like passive haste /shell /protect/zombie/stone... The ability of adding new items using the free spaces would also be good...

Something like this will be in the editor too.
Quote from: TheSleeperHit on July 21, 2014, 09:31:41 pmI am so excited! :D This editor will open new possibilities... :D

Yes I hope it makes more people want to mod this game!

Eternal

I can safely say that AIO 2.0 is going to change everything. EVERYTHING!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Jumza

Is there a (probably estimated) release date for this?
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

ArcticPrism

July 28, 2014, 05:38:32 pm #7 Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 06:29:42 pm by ArcticPrism
I'm glad to see some updates for this that are coming! There are a lot of things I wanted to do but couldn't find the resources for or knew how to do that it seems like the new version of this makes possible. I will certainly get back into modding FFTA after the release.

As for ideas:

-I'm still hoping we'll be able to modify the names of skills,abilities and items with this.

-Possibly a way to add extra ability effects? I wanted to make a skill to heal MP but not by a fixed 80 like Ethers.

-For the mission/map editor will we be able to allow for more enemies/allies? How about setting what music is used for the mission?

-Will adding extra jobs be possible? Every job has 3 sprite colors like the Red/Blue/Yellow versions of monsters. Some monsters only use 2 of the colors and being able to use the 3rd without replacing another job would be cool. I know there are a lot of blank jobs listed. Someone told me that those are most likely those npc jobs you see in cut scenes so modifying those probably isn't a good idea.

-As far as the Law Editor. Will I be able to completely disable them? The Lawyer program turns off the laws on all missions except those tournament ones with special pre-set laws but you can still use law cards to add extra laws.

bcrobert

ArcticPrism, here are some filler answers. Darth can probably field some of these a little better next time he stops by:

-Modifying names of stuff is already fully functional. Will be available upon release.

-The Nightmare modules can edit ability effects in depth, so we definitely know where that data is stored if Darthatron has time.

-Adding more enemies/allies is a pretty big rewrite. It would require adding some advanced restructuring features to AIO and the game is only engineered to handle so many unique sprites at once.

-Extra jobs is mostly repointing. Probably feasible?

-Disabling law cards completely would most likely require an ASM rewrite to make law cards either unattainable or unusable in-game. It's probably not a super massive rewrite, at least, but Y U NO LAW?

ArcticPrism

July 29, 2014, 03:17:49 pm #9 Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 03:30:16 pm by ArcticPrism
1: Cool!
2: Yeah. I was using that to make a few extra ghetto effects. The program is pretty annoying to use sometimes though.
3: I figured that'd be a stretch.
4: Not too worried about this but it would be cool in the future.
5: For the law thing I just used Nightmare modules to modify the missions and painfully remove the law card rewards from every mission lol. As for y u no law. It mostly just feels like cheating. I can manipulate the laws in such a way that that it breaks the ai and has little to no effect on my own party.

ArcticPrism

Do you plan on doing stuff for FFTA2? The level scaling alone would be amazing. Lennart has some nice tools so just that would make me want to get started on modding that game.

Darthatron

Quote from: ArcticPrism on September 16, 2014, 12:26:39 pm
Do you plan on doing stuff for FFTA2? The level scaling alone would be amazing. Lennart has some nice tools so just that would make me want to get started on modding that game.

No I don't plan on that at all at the moment. But I'm not going to rule it out.

sniper_zero

Just thinking how easy it'll be to edit the text with this tool gets me so excited. Is it released yet?

Jigi

Quote from: Darthatron on September 16, 2014, 08:09:52 pm
No I don't plan on that at all at the moment. But I'm not going to rule it out.

I really hope it happens one day. I registered just to say that.....yup :|
  • Discord username: Jigi

Kerafyrm Six

i cant believe i just noticed this >,<
im really excited.
rawrwrwrwrwr

ArcticPrism

Would there happen to be any eta on this at this point? It's been about 6 months since this topic was made and I haven't heard anything about it for a while.

Darthatron

Still no ETA sorry. I've been super busy with stuff in my real life and haven't had too much of a chance to do much. I may release an unfinished version some time soon so everyone an test it out.

Marche

how far is this program from being an efficient tool? 20%? 50%?

bcrobert

Releasing an unfinished version might be a good idea. People can field test it for you and use it in conjunction with the previous official release. That should at least sate everyone's appetite for shiny new things. (The appetite that apparently leads them to ask for ETAs and percentages instead of offering POLITE ENCOURAGEMENT.) -_-

Eternal

I wish there was a Like button, because I would Like Blanky's post here. Especially the part in parenthesis.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817