• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:44:28 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Item Use

Started by Red_Mage, June 16, 2010, 02:54:36 am

Red_Mage

Hello, everyone. I'm a relatively new hacker to this game, and I had a question regarding item abilities.

I have an idea for a summoner job I'm trying to create. I've always felt that the Summoner was somewhat useless in tactics. The CTs were too long, the JP requirements too costly and the MP requirements too costly. To get around this problem, I am trying to modify the way in which summons are carried out. My vision involves the use of certain items replacing the traditional summon casts. An item would be consumed and a summon cast. A Pompom, for instance, would summon a Moogle, Dark Matter would summon Odin, Dragon Scale for Leviathan, ect, ect. The balancing factor for this would be that the items were not extremely common.

At any rate, I'm having trouble finding a way to actually implement this in the Patcher. Am I out of luck here?

Pride

If you destroyed the Draw Out Skill set then created these 'new' summon items in the katanas place then you could very well do it. Either you would have to use the preexisting formula (MA*Y) or you could change the formulas to be something else. Doing the second option would cause the new 'summon' item to break every time however.
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Red_Mage

I had considered using Draw out as a base, and the breaking effect would be consistent with the limitation a more traditional item would present. My only problem is that I'd wanted to use Draw out for something else. Oh well...