• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:37:18 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Final Fantasy Tactics: Mercenaries (Main Info Thread)

Started by LastingDawn, May 24, 2008, 03:17:02 pm

LastingDawn

June 23, 2008, 10:55:16 pm #40 Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 11:16:56 pm by LastingDawn
That would be wonderful Bastard Poetry! The writing department is a bit difficult for me, though I have the main story all in my head, but simply because of spoiler purposes I can't really post it. But would you like a copy through PM?

EDIT: All in my head? I meant all on paper, ahem....
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Bastard Poetry

June 23, 2008, 10:56:35 pm #41 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bastard Poetry
Final Fantasy Tactics - Thief SSCC:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL73FB72C01D917FD6&feature=viewall

(Fully recorded LP; successes, failures, and most things inbetween)

Cheetah

June 23, 2008, 11:17:01 pm #42 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
LastingDawn have you seen my Blue Mage sprite and the arms on her? It would be really easy for me to replace head so that it had the hood. I think it could look pretty cool. Then the portrait would be really easy, I know just what to use.
Current Projects:

LastingDawn

June 23, 2008, 11:18:49 pm #43 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
That sounds great! But can the color scheme stay on Rofokare? It's pretty central to her character,

EDIT: After I finish this video I'll certainly send it your way Bastard Poetry.

Art of War

Cheetah

June 23, 2008, 11:55:22 pm #44 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Oh yeah I would totally leave the color scheme. Mind if I use that purple as one of m Blue Mages alternate palettes when I get around to officially releasing her?

I could probably have the sprite ready in a few days if you need.
Current Projects:

LastingDawn

June 24, 2008, 12:05:10 am #45 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
It would be an honor, though the purple isn't really mine it was an idea of Zozma's. It looked good on one of his sprites and it turned out looking pretty nice on H85.

Art of War

LastingDawn

June 24, 2008, 02:15:47 pm #46 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Well it might not be "last night" but it's not too late today, eh? Well the video is up 9:50 seconds, I tried to cram everything I could into the video up to the 10 minute mark, while I couldn't get the AI to use everything (or allow me to use any of Balmafula's other skills...) but regardless there are quite a few new skills used (though perhaps a bit too many Sword Skills... King Delita really steals the show)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G37t3oQFv5M

Enjoy! Any critique or comments are certainly appreciated!

Art of War

Cheetah

June 24, 2008, 02:55:52 pm #47 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
I'm so excited to check it out.

Wow that is some pretty impressive stuff. Did you do the opening by editing an existing skit or did you use Zodiac's event compiler stuff? That was a lot of unique sprites out there. I'm guessing Seph was just on your team and you just had him attacking everyone right? Some of those spells were pretty snazzy. I think my favorite skill out of all of that was Guard! on Ramza, that would be great for a Warrior job. How did you do it?
Current Projects:

Cheetah

June 24, 2008, 05:09:24 pm #48 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Is this what you are looking for as a portrait for that character? Oh can you post the pic of her sprite in PNG instead of JPEG format? The JPEG compression makes it impossible to work with.
Current Projects:

LastingDawn

June 24, 2008, 05:32:05 pm #49 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Ah absolutely wonderful! If you could add a smirk to her face, that would perfectly fit her character!

Ah, didn't realize you edited your post. I edited Zirekile but it highly involved the decompiler that Zodiac had made. But no... Sephiroth was Light Blue, he was attacking anyone he felt like (mostly my team). Applying Defend to a character is as simple as making a new status and marking "Defending". It works very well.

Would that suffice? To be honest, I'm not sure how to attach it to the site.

Art of War

Cheetah

June 24, 2008, 07:31:22 pm #50 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Perfect, in regards to the sprite. A smirk would be really easy to do. I'm thinking of adding like a little wisp of hair too, would that be good?

That is awesome about the video. I didn't know you could do that with enemies, can you have it be like a whole different team? I am also very impressed by the event editing you did, that is really great.

Anything else you need help with?
Current Projects:

LastingDawn

June 24, 2008, 08:08:12 pm #51 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Currently I'm recording what events actually are according to the system, so I can have better control over events. Indeed you can, it's quite simple, Voldemort has an excellent display of such on one of his videos of a 5v5v5 team that works incredibly. The AI was put in for it, the application of said AI just wasn't applied. Zodiac managed to find it, I'm curious to where it was...

What I currently need help with, hmm... story scripting still needs a bit of work (which I stilll need to send to Bastard Poetry) aside from that... well there is an EXodus Sprite currently being worked on... ah I know! A lot of the event character's will need a ton of work. But that is such a large thing to ask of anyone... You'll notice that in the video the character's in the talking stage looked a bit static. I think I know how to manipulate EvtChr.bin so implementing anything like that wouldn't be too difficult. The spriting portion of Evtchr.bin would need a large change, since only a handful of characters from the original game has made it into any notable scenes in Mercenaries. If you'd like I can also send you a story synopsis?

Art of War

Zozma

June 24, 2008, 09:04:30 pm #52 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
the purple looks good, but i suggest using a less bold shade on the cloth underneath, it stands out as something alien to the rest of the color scheme IMO, but it looks good  :)

i also like the way the portrait looks too.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

LastingDawn

June 24, 2008, 09:15:53 pm #53 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
True it does come across as rather odd, what color would you suggest instead of that shade of purple?

Art of War

Bastard Poetry

June 24, 2008, 09:19:47 pm #54 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bastard Poetry
Incredible! Absolutely incredible!

I'm looking forward to working on that script for you, because now I feel honored to have the opportunity to be a part of this project!

Using those event animations for attacks was freakin' SEXY!!

Exclamation points!!!
Final Fantasy Tactics - Thief SSCC:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL73FB72C01D917FD6&feature=viewall

(Fully recorded LP; successes, failures, and most things inbetween)

Zozma

June 24, 2008, 10:14:02 pm #55 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
purple is still good, just a softer shade to match other fft characters. teta's dress colors? the darker shades of purple, still try to make it more pastale to blend with the other shade of purple. even the grey that it was originally isnt bad. whatever you chose it just needs to be softer even a dark shade.

i like that portrait she looks like some sort of assassin or something evil lol...
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Archael

June 24, 2008, 10:32:37 pm #56 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
I'm really looking forward to the story most of all.

I hope the Gafgarion + Ramza bonding story fills the gap that my father left when he was never around for my upbringing.

You hear that LD!?

If your patch doesn't fix my childhood induced psychological traumatic stress, I will commit suicide!

Not to pressure you or anything.

LastingDawn

June 24, 2008, 10:37:54 pm #57 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Hmm, Teta's dres's purple  does look nice and would most certainly look better.
As well thank you Bastard Poetry, currently typing up the story I have down on paper, at least up to the end of the first chapter. (things get a bit hazy there...) And Voldemort... um... I'll.. ?do? my... best?

Art of War

Archael

June 24, 2008, 10:46:27 pm #58 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
You better.  :shock: !!!

Asmo X

June 24, 2008, 11:22:47 pm #59 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
I like the way your commanders are coming out. The attacks Larg used in the video suggest outside aerial support which is really cool.