• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:37:26 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

game freezing in first battle

Started by Murse_Jon, December 26, 2021, 06:17:46 pm

Murse_Jon

like the title, the game freezes a few minutes into the first battle. i have the most updated patch 1.97 i believe. I wasn't doing anything weird, just about to move a unit. I had it save stated right before then, in case I died so I didn't have to scroll through the story beats again. I loaded the save state and it froze in the same spot. This happens with a few different mods actually, but not with others. I searched the help section about random freezing but didn't get any specific answers. I am using espxe 2.0.5 as well. I am thinking there are some emulator settings I can mess around with but not sure where to start. I've watched some YT vids on this mod and it just seems so creative and amazing, but also difficult so I've waited a while before trying it out. Anyway, any help would be appreciated, and thanks for making this amazing mod. Is there a donation area on this site? I've already gotten hours of fun from other mods like Monster Tactics and The Lion War.
edit: found the donation area!

Nyzer

Quote from: Murse_Jon on December 26, 2021, 06:17:46 pmI am using espxe 2.0.5 as well.

That's very likely the issue, I'm afraid. I'd recommend psxfin instead.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Murse_Jon

I will definitely try that, thanks so much for your reply.