• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Quick Fix for the Balthier Softlock

Started by Nyzer, July 18, 2023, 04:20:01 pm

Nyzer

A while ago, I prepared a quick fix for anyone dealing with the Balthier softlock that comes from having 4 or fewer characters in Ramza's name, but I wasn't able to upload it here.

I don't have a save file that can test this myself, but it should work fine. But just to be safe, make sure to apply the patch to a different copy of your TLW/TLWotL ISO - the save file will still work with this other copy afterwards. Do not apply the patch to a vanilla ISO - it's just a quick fix patch, not a new version of TLW.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

3lric

Quote from: Nyzer on July 18, 2023, 04:20:01 pmA while ago, I prepared a quick fix for anyone dealing with the Balthier softlock that comes from having 4 or fewer characters in Ramza's name, but I wasn't able to upload it here.

I don't have a save file that can test this myself, but it should work fine. But just to be safe, make sure to apply the patch to a different copy of your TLW/TLWotL ISO - the save file will still work with this other copy afterwards. Do not apply the patch to a vanilla ISO - it's just a quick fix patch, not a new version of TLW.

Thank you
  • Modding version: PSX