• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:48:44 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Sidequest Ideas (31/40)

Started by LastingDawn, July 11, 2009, 05:10:46 pm

Kagebunji

If you could, resize and work on purple one (o'course recolor it to that white if possible), and plz clean up the one with fur, it will be great for female one ^^
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Kagebunji

Well...is anyone working on those ports? Cause I have sprite done :/

mav

Sorry Kage, I've been a bit busy. I'll look at it today and try to fix it up a bit. Do you mind posting the sprite?

jimmyjw88

Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Kagebunji

Well It's just paletted changed version of Beoulve Black's sprite with changed eyes, I will post it with when i will have the port :D

mav

I finally got back to working on the portrait. Right now I'm maybe 30% done...If anyone here is good at shading, you can take over for me.

jimmyjw88

Looks good. I may give it a try. ^^

By the way, Kage, did you add the furry/fluffy on the neck?

EDIT: Perhaps I shouldn't ^^
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

SilvasRuin

Good progress, but it doesn't look like the pompom is coming from the middle of its head.  Might want to better center that end of the antenna.

mav

Quote from: "jimmyjw88"EDIT: Perhaps I shouldn't ^^
Come on Jim, you're good at this stuff and you're more familiar with working from scratch than I am...Help a brother out! Once I get to that furry collar, I'm screwed.

Regarding the pompom, good eye, Silvas, I just took care of that on this update. I feel like the right side of his face isn't shaded well. I probably need to add some more shades of white too...Anyways, lemme know what you think:

jimmyjw88

Well, you're doing such great job. ^^
Erm...I'll try to help if you get stuck ^^

Kagebunji

Geez it's soo sweet, I'm loving it already :) this will make perfect female moogle. As for male, I think it will be easier than female, you won't need to play with fur on male one.

As for sprite...yeah I will do fur version, but are there some spr's wich have similiar kind of fur on them??

SilvasRuin

January 28, 2010, 01:16:03 pm #311 Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 07:33:12 pm by SilvasRuin
I don't think there are any that are quite so fluffy.  Best I can think of is a Behemoth's mane.  I think this is something that is going to have to be "custom" to really pull off.  Just keep it true to what's there and be creative with the shading.

mav

Yeah, I don't know who to base the little fur collar off of...I think Silvas's suggestion of the Behemoth is on the right track, but it too would need some good editing.

Okay, the portrait is almost complete, but I think this is the point where I need someone to take over. The fur collar is just too much for me...I don't exactly know how to pull off a "realistic" fur collar. I tried, but failed. The good news is that there are still two colors left on the palette, so if that helps (for whatever reason), feel free to utilize 'em on this attachment:
[attachment=1:3dkklxor]moogleportrait.png[/attachment:3dkklxor]

EDIT: I've tried to complete it on my own, the result is the following:
[attachment=0:3dkklxor]moogleportrait.png[/attachment:3dkklxor]

If anyone wants to edit either of these to make them look better, please feel free to; I think I've done what I can.

SilvasRuin

Face probably could use more shading than just on the side.  The shape of the face is different from a human's after all.  On the small version, the pompom doesn't quite look round at the bottom left.  There's some dark there that sticks out and makes it look angular.  The red of the ears probably shouldn't be part of the fluffiness.  The left ear could probably use some simple work.  Keep the red on the inside of the ears.  Other than that, I think you've done a very good job.

mav

Many thanks, Silvas. I've tried to incorporate your suggestions on this version.

jimmyjw88

Looks great. For the fur, let me help you a little bit ^^

How's this?

mav

Whoa, thanks, Jim. Looks good to me; if others like it, I'll take the shading from my version and the collar (as well as the nicer whiskers) from yours and see if I can make some kind of super Moogle portrait. Again, thanks a ton, Jimmy.

SilvasRuin

Now that pompom looks round.  (You went a bit too far on your pompom "correction" mav.)  Can't believe I overlooked the missing whiskers on the far side.  I like that style fur too.  Unless that collar is going to be made darker (and I'm not sure if it should be), I'm not sure how much you could improve upon that.

mav

Yeah, I don't think I could improve Jimmy's corrections, but here's my attempt (I took his pompom and fur collar, and just added some more facial shading). There are still two colors left on the palette though, should we utilize them? And if so, how?

SilvasRuin

I see no need for using two more colors.  I would accept the portrait as-is at this point.