• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 03:28:35 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

TrueLight

It looks like Jumping Archer is doing well, but he seems a bit squishy (As is the Ninja). Draw Out Wizard saved my day with Murasame (200 AOE healing a turn).The Squires just didn't have enough damage output to put my team on the defensive. GG SSM.
  • Modding version: PSX

Dol

April 18, 2012, 01:03:59 am #1322 Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 07:12:31 am by Dol
New scrim vids:

FFT Arena Scrim:  FriskyDingo vs Mucus

FFT Arena Scrim:  Dacheat vs ImBQB part 1 & part 2

FFT Arena Scrim:  Reks (Magical Melodies) vs Angelus part 1 & Part 2

Did best of 3s today.  Split into parts until the time limit on youtube is removed for this channel.  The tourney wont have that issue of course  :D

formerdeathcorps

April 18, 2012, 01:32:24 am #1323 Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 02:13:21 am by formerdeathcorps
Dol, the third link is broken.

Reks (Magical Melodies) vs. Angelus
Part 2
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

mucus

April 18, 2012, 02:12:36 am #1324 Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 03:46:20 am by mucus
OMG! Thanks for having my first match!  This was a big learning experience for me!  I saw some stuff that worked, and a lot that didn't I look forward to getting my second round!
@FriskyDingo - That masamune made it really hard to kill you! And those Bahamuts, they just kept coming!

Round 1: The verbal skills seem to miss like crazy.
Round 3: The small map really changed the game . . .

dacheat

Oh god that must have been painful to commentate. I really need to revamp my team. Not enough offense...

Dol

Quote from: formerdeathcorps on April 18, 2012, 01:32:24 am
Dol, the third link is broken.

Yeah, I went to bed while they were uploading.  Its fixed now.

mucus

That was great!  Thanks for demoing me!
I see some major flaws in that team's design.

dacheat

Barren/Dol: I am so sorry for those two matches. Those had to be painful to commentate. I definitely need to revamp my team. The Scholar is basically dead weight, my Monk makes very little use of his Snipe secondary, and overall my team just doesn't do very much damage.

Dol

Quote from: dacheat on April 18, 2012, 12:37:13 pm
Barren/Dol: I am so sorry for those two matches. Those had to be painful to commentate. I definitely need to revamp my team.

Dont sweat it.  Arena teams very rarely work out the way you would think on the first try, especially if you are new to the Arena patch.  I'm going to try and coordinate with Barren in the future to make sure that we arent doing the exact same matchups on test videos.  Variety is the spice of life after all :)

Continue to tweak out your teams.  I'm going to try and do a few matches a day from now until the tourney registration ends to help out.  No promises of course, but I'll try!

iamBQB

Ouch, not having any rez abilities is such an obvious flaw. Should not have missed that. The Lancer's outrunning the Paladins and getting singled out is definitely a problem, but I do like their damage output. Two pally's is probably overkill so I'll look into getting a more support based class as a replacement.

Dacheat: I don't think it is so much that you have a very low damage output as it was my characters all have high magic defense and evasion paired with low faith. I believe that is why your Priest kept relying on Demi as it does Percentile damage and would likely be the most powerful ability for her to use. Your team handled mine pretty easily all in all, my one victory due to two friendly fire stops on your part. GG.

That's why they were named the Light Brigade anyway, I knew they were doomed to failure and I sent them into battle anyway  :P

Live and learn anyway, I'll be editing up today to fix what I can. Thanks to Barren and Dol both for the vids.

Barren

Quote from: dacheat on April 18, 2012, 12:37:13 pm
Barren/Dol: I am so sorry for those two matches. Those had to be painful to commentate. I definitely need to revamp my team. The Scholar is basically dead weight, my Monk makes very little use of his Snipe secondary, and overall my team just doesn't do very much damage.

Don't even worry man. It comes with the job. I usually offer opinions and insight during the vids when the need arises. Glad you enjoyed them nonetheless
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

dacheat

April 18, 2012, 03:02:45 pm #1333 Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 03:31:18 pm by dacheat
Quote from: Dol on April 18, 2012, 02:43:19 pm
Dont sweat it.  Arena teams very rarely work out the way you would think on the first try, especially if you are new to the Arena patch.  I'm going to try and coordinate with Barren in the future to make sure that we arent doing the exact same matchups on test videos.  Variety is the spice of life after all :)

Continue to tweak out your teams.  I'm going to try and do a few matches a day from now until the tourney registration ends to help out.  No promises of course, but I'll try!

Awesome. Thanks for all your work. :)

EDIT:

That definitely had a lot to do with it too. Your team was tanky as hell haha. If your team had a rez source I think we would have stalemated. :D

EDIT2: Do "strengthen: element" buffs from gear stack? How much does one strengthen buff your attacks with that element?

Barren

the strengthen in a element only occurs once dacheat. if you had 108 gems for example it covers all elements and you won't need another elemental boosting item. you can't double strengthen. there are other strengthening items like earth clothes, giant axe, prismatic rod, etc.

Just remember it only occurs once so be sure you know what you're wielding or you'd be wasting potential on the battlefield my friend

dacheat

Alright thanks. I need to go edit my revised team that I just posted then haha. Do you know what % it strengthens the element? It says 50% on some, but on others it doesn't specify. 33%?

Barren

Quote from: dacheat on April 18, 2012, 03:45:58 pm
Alright thanks. I need to go edit my revised team that I just posted then haha. Do you know what % it strengthens the element? It says 50% on some, but on others it doesn't specify. 33%?

According to the team design made by gaignun an element is boosted by 25%. the 50% items most likely are elemental resistance gear like venetian shield, white robe, thief hat, etc. the 33% is due to attack/magic attack up.

Of course overwhelm adds 20% more damage/healing from unit has it as a support ability. unyielding does 20% less damage/healing to that unit.

dacheat

Barren

SoySauceMaster

Thanks for the vids.
GG Kihaku. Oh, well. I can't make it work. I HATE the idea of using classes and equips just for the stat bonuses. I'm giving up and resigning from the tournament. There's enough competitors, as it is, anyway.