• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:43:59 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

What happens if I don't use the included Shishi file (for a new build)?

Started by Ansehelm, April 01, 2020, 12:30:19 am

Ansehelm

Question - so if I use the specialized Shishi editor provided in the resources zip, I notice that it copies imported spritesheets to any areas that have redundant sprites in vanilla - for example, if I import new sprites into the undead knight, oracle, wizard etc (located near or between the Lucavi sprites) that are graphically the same as those used later on for generic units, not only does the new sprite replace the intended redundant sprite, but it also replaces the later iteration of that sprite used for generics (knights, oracles, etc). 

This considerably limits the amount of new sprites I'm able to add into my mod, so I'd prefer to use a more standard version of Shishi that allows me to replace the extras without screwing up generic job classes.  Assuming I add all the TLW sprites in correctly, will this interfere with the functionality of the rest of the mod (i.e. is the data saved by apparently referencing a smaller sprite pool needed elsewhere), or am I clear to go ahead with this method?
  • Modding version: PSX

3lric

Quote from: Ansehelm on April 01, 2020, 12:30:19 amQuestion - so if I use the specialized Shishi editor provided in the resources zip, I notice that it copies imported spritesheets to any areas that have redundant sprites in vanilla - for example, if I import new sprites into the undead knight, oracle, wizard etc (located near or between the Lucavi sprites) that are graphically the same as those used later on for generic units, not only does the new sprite replace the intended redundant sprite, but it also replaces the later iteration of that sprite used for generics (knights, oracles, etc). 

This considerably limits the amount of new sprites I'm able to add into my mod, so I'd prefer to use a more standard version of Shishi that allows me to replace the extras without screwing up generic job classes.  Assuming I add all the TLW sprites in correctly, will this interfere with the functionality of the rest of the mod (i.e. is the data saved by apparently referencing a smaller sprite pool needed elsewhere), or am I clear to go ahead with this method?

So, you are clearly doing something wrong.

You need to use that version of shishi because the current release doesnt have the required fix for reis formation sprite. The one in the resources does. It have NO other differences from the current release version of shishi... thats not even how shishi works...

Im sorry, but what you are saying just makes no sense to me

All sprites replaced are duplicates that do NOT IN ANY WAY affect generic units...

Nyzer

I think the problem is that you need to expand the ISO with Shishi first. This is a fresh copy, right? I've encountered the same problem before and IIRC that was what  I did.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Ansehelm

Indeed that's it, it's working now.  Silly me.  Thanks fellas