• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:02:04 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Monk Rehaul Job Discussion (Rad/Ramza Skillset Updated!)

Started by LastingDawn, December 08, 2008, 07:36:29 pm

ArkDelgato

January 25, 2009, 04:03:38 pm #80 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by ArkDelgato
What about a drunken fist style skill that adds confuse (or the animation) and berserk (for the power)

LastingDawn

February 01, 2009, 03:54:24 pm #81 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
I'd say by this point that Monk's have been finished. Their skills just need a slight bit of tweaking to... actually work.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

NKKCLOUD

March 16, 2009, 05:25:15 pm #82 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by NKKCLOUD
Monks are in my opinion the second best job of ALL the game not only their magical and physical equality but also their neverending useful spells that makes fucking good to any battle

LastingDawn

March 17, 2009, 02:30:44 pm #83 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
That's why they've been completely changed, I Hated that about them in Vanilla and 1.3, it was terribly annoying... that's why they have been altered to this amount, being what an FF monk traditionally is, moves taken from FF4,5, and 9 respectively.

Art of War

RamzaBot

April 11, 2009, 07:25:00 pm #84 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by RamzaBot
I know this is for monks but this idea could be for other classes to.
Kinda like with the charge time, but have amount of uses. Like you can only use this attack once.
Then you either wait 2-3 turns for it to be ready again. Or use like Meditate. (or some other skill) to
Ready it sooner.

LastingDawn

April 12, 2009, 01:38:13 pm #85 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Eh heh... there's no way to make a spell or skill like that.

Art of War

RamzaBot

April 12, 2009, 03:43:16 pm #86 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by RamzaBot
I see. Well it was just an idea. So I take it you're just using existing abilities then ?
Just mixing it up ?

LastingDawn

April 12, 2009, 05:13:32 pm #87 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Well, it's all we can do. We use what the game's system allows us to. There's no prior coding to what you've mentioned, unless MP itself was limited, in such, to allow for that.

Art of War

RamzaBot

April 14, 2009, 04:52:10 pm #88 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by RamzaBot
Well I'm just pit balling ideas. I am totally interested in this game. Like hard core. It's been my most expected game. I've been fiending to play it. Even more so than the newer games. I just love the original. Plus I love the ideas you have so far. Makes me remember my childhood as well. Please don't abandon this idea.

LastingDawn

Resurrection!

This is one that is Sorely in need of abilities. From 8 to 16... oy, I am glad to have this community's assistance with this.

Art of War

Gotwald

Like I said on IRC, can the monks have some kind of ability to make themselves innocent? Like, "Purifying vision" where they meditate (charge time) and then for a short period of time (innocent duration) have seen the truth behind life and magic and are immune to the effects.
-- Attention Citizens, this is the Computer. 2 + 2 now equals 3.9999238849009985. Please recalibrate your equipment.

My youtube Channel
My 1.3 Playthough (Complete)
My Final fantasy I Blind playthrough

LastingDawn

Quote from: "Gotwald"Like I said on IRC, can the monks have some kind of ability to make themselves innocent? Like, "Purifying vision" where they meditate (charge time) and then for a short period of time (innocent duration) have seen the truth behind life and magic and are immune to the effects.

Adding Innocent to Meditate might be a good idea. I rather like that.

Also for those who don't like sifting through several different threads, I've added the synergy skillsets for Monk into the first post. Opinion and the like would be appreciated.

Art of War