• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

ePSXe woes... please help

Started by Kethis, January 24, 2009, 07:48:46 pm

Kethis

January 27, 2009, 11:12:14 pm #20 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kethis
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZwVzcEvxoc

Best I can get at the moment. Was using 25% CPU - and that was split across cores properly. I haven't configured CamStudio yet, and I hear that it needs a bit of tweaking to operate without performance issues.

Got 1000+ during cut scenes. Whats the highest anyone here has been able to push ePSXe up to?

FFMaster

January 28, 2009, 12:46:55 am #21 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by FFMaster
OGL2 doesn't let me go past 1000 FPS. It takes about 50-60% of my CPU most of the time without recording.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Kethis

January 28, 2009, 06:34:52 pm #22 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kethis
First off, a BIG THANKS to everybody to helped me in this thread!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpcnW9GO4aU

That's the first version of my bot. It gets 1 action every second - and that's after I limited it's speed.

Here is the source. It is in AutoIt.

HotKeySet("{f}", "Pause")
$Pause = 0
Func Pause ()
If $Pause = 1 Then
$Pause = 0
Else
$Pause = 1
EndIf
EndFunc
While 1
While $Pause
Send("{DOWN}")
Send("{X}")
Send("{DOWN}")
Send("{DOWN}")
Send("{X}")
Send("{X}")
Send("{X}")
Send("{X}")
Sleep(400)
Send("{DOWN}")
Send("{DOWN}")
Send("{X}")
Send("{X}")
Sleep(1000)
WEnd
WEnd

FFMaster

January 28, 2009, 07:02:52 pm #23 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by FFMaster
Very nice. I wish I had something like this ages ago. 2 problems though.

1)It assumes that everybody only has Chakra learned, but you can edit it easily.
2) It assumes that Punch Art is a secondary(which it will normally be).
Nothing a little editing of the source won't fix.

Time to find a compiler =p

Kethis

January 28, 2009, 08:50:00 pm #24 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kethis
Quote from: "FFMaster"Very nice. I wish I had something like this ages ago. 2 problems though.

1)It assumes that everybody only has Chakra learned, but you can edit it easily.
2) It assumes that Punch Art is a secondary(which it will normally be).
Nothing a little editing of the source won't fix.

Time to find a compiler =p

It was just an attempt at getting something functional up first. Ive edited it so that it keeps poison applied automagically now (and added extra hotkeys).

It is so straight forward I assumed everyone who I wouldnt want to kill myself for trying to explain it to would be able to get the basic concept pretty easily, and even be able to edit it for their purpose.

Sorry, not sure where the misanthropy came from, might have something to do with the 3 hours of Carlin I just got done listening to.

Anyways no compiler needed, just install autoit, shove the code (or your own) into a text filed named *.au3 and right click run. Just right click on the system tray icon to pause it. Or use something like this:

HotKeySet("{f}", "Pause")
HotKeySet("{F}", "JustOne")
$Pause = 0
$JustOnce = 0
Func Pause ()
If $Pause = 1 Then
$Pause = 0
Else
$Pause = 1
EndIf
EndFunc
Func JustOne ()
$JustOnce = 1
EndFunc
While 1
While $Pause or $JustOnce
$JustOnce = 0
Send("{DOWN}")
Send("{X}")
Send("{DOWN}")
Send("{DOWN}")
Send("{X}")
Send("{X}")
Send("{X}")
Send("{X}")
Sleep(400)
Send("{DOWN}")
Send("{DOWN}")
Send("{X}")
Send("{X}")
Sleep(1000)
WEnd
WEnd

Itll just spam on the caster whatever spell is in the first slot of the secondary action ability window. I set this up to be chakra on my two physical characters, and poison on my two casters, then had them go into a square (after killing all but one unit, and using power ruin & weapon break on him). Ramza was set to Run Like A Chicken and had no weapon or skills.

I gave everyone autopotion - but ran out of potions pretty quick. It did allow me to put a weaker team through the process (a weaker team that provides more optimal growth). Ramza is almost ready for his transition into a Mime. I was careless and let him get to level 3, but Ill probably just hex edit out the slight difference.

Its also possible to give commands specifically for individual units, but that might slow down the break-neck pace the script is capable of in its environment-ignorant loop.

The whole process took a few hours, and a large portion of that couldve been done unattended (but I took videos, wrote the script, went to class etc).

Because 13027 is coming soon and I want to see the endgame before then, I plan on rushing through the plot. In order to fight at that high of a level without any gear I plan on abusing Mediator's Invitation and quick resets (you can clearly see from the script I posted how it could be adapted to "load pause save execute-command" on keypress - which also conveniently bypasses the failings of the "random" number generator).

Do unique party members (agrias, meliadoul, mustadio, etc) come with preset brave/faith or should I not feel guilty about editing them to 70?

FFMaster

January 28, 2009, 11:49:53 pm #25 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by FFMaster
I'm starting to get problems with it. Since it is automated, if someone casts a spell with a long animation(like Shiva for example) it starts messing up. If you could set up a battle right, you could save up on a lot of time though.

Unique characters(including Rad, Lavian, Alicia and maybe Boco) have preset Brave/Faith.

Kethis

January 29, 2009, 01:15:56 am #26 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kethis
Yeah, I know. Ive since modified mine to include longer pauses (look for where it says Sleep() - its in milliseconds). Running at 1600-2000 fps I have my pauses at 600 & 1200, and that accommodated poison and fire hitting 4 targets each in one go.  

When I am feeling moderately ambitious (instead of compulsively avoiding work) I will add the capability to assign an action to each specific unit.

Ramza is now a Mime... he got to level 5 first, so Ill just go back and edit those levels away later. I cant imagine how long it took to do that by hand.

FFMaster

January 29, 2009, 02:16:00 am #27 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by FFMaster
How did you get it to 1600-2000 FPS? Mine keeps setting itself back to 1000.

Kethis

January 29, 2009, 03:04:16 pm #28 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kethis
Try hitting F7. I'm not sure what it does, exactly, because it seems to have different effects on each of my two computers - but it always makes it go a ton faster (~3x).

So, free Dawn of War 2 open beta...

PX_Timefordeath

January 30, 2009, 12:44:56 am #29 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by PX_Timefordeath
Where do you guys get your games? I got a game from ThePirateBay.org and dled with Utorrent, but it said error when i tried to run it

FFMaster

January 30, 2009, 01:33:35 am #30 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by FFMaster
You mean the FFT iso? I made mine using Alcohol 52%.