• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 03:09:16 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

silentkaster

I really like Black Bog cuz it's a lot of fun. The team just gets boned if it runs into status immunity. Adding steal accessory, armor break and/or switching ivory rods for faith rods might go a long way. Also, steal heart (with steal accessory) might recruit your enemy to do your work for you. And high MA means good chances.

In the mean time, I like our team Zotis. I hope to get a couple matches with it soon :)
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

reinoe

Sorry I've been away for a while.  I've been having an affair with another hobby forum. ;)

My dreams can come true!

Zotis

I like Black Bog too, it's fun.  But I need to change it a bit, I'm just not exactly sure what to do yet.  The main challenge is AI behaviour.  I think I want to throw in don't act and maybe sleep.  Charm could work too.

Leif1991

GG. The Green Team has never been curb-stomped like that before. Back to the drawing board.
Season 3 A.I. Tournament Champion

Fenire

I liked the dancer a lot more without any dances. She definitely did what she was meant for. GG Silentkaster. I could not stop laughing at the three minutes of frog hunting at the end of round one. I definitely see what you are saying about wave fist, and secret fist, but equip armor is more for status immunities without sacrificing HP. I will up him to 70 faith though. GG Rufio. I did some reworking on crass took away the mediators Summon Magic and gave her White Magic with Esuna. GG Otabo. Thanks for the videos Barren and TrueLight. 

reinoe

My dreams can come true!

Otabo

Quote from: reinoe on April 26, 2014, 01:49:08 pm
From 4:01-->4:11.  The a.i. reaches new levels of derpitude, if that were possible.

Yeah, when I saw that, I was like, "Wait...what?"

TrueLight

April 30, 2014, 01:19:01 am #3267 Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 09:11:58 am by TrueLight
  • Modding version: PSX

Malroth

Barren

A nice back and forth match. I underestimated our team's ability to sandbag but charm and the high damage archer did come in handy I suppose. Although I'm not sure how I feel about Archer with item personally though it did work this time. GG zotis and silentkaster. Fun match

Your team has improved though you just got unlucky with the high damage output half my team can do due to battle sonng. GG domie

Just like I make mistakes at times with teams, looks TL you forgot that my bard has overwhelm, not martial arts. Anyways, the fight versus Otabo didn't turn out as bad as it looked. Scholar and Bard never getting berserked actually helped out with the fight. GG Otabo
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

TrueLight

Quote from: Barren on April 30, 2014, 06:21:48 am
Just like I make mistakes at times with teams, looks TL you forgot that my bard has overwhelm, not martial arts. Anyways, the fight versus Otabo didn't turn out as bad as it looked. Scholar and Bard never getting berserked actually helped out with the fight. GG Otabo

Sorry about that Barren. I saw that your Bard and Ninja has switched unit order and I accidentally forgot to change Martial Arts to Overwhelm. My bad.
  • Modding version: PSX

Leif1991

Thank you Truelight.
Very back and forth, might take item off of the Archer. We did well Barren.

Yet another curb-stomp fest for my team. I have to make my mediator more of a tank.

silentkaster

Vgg. The key was when the samurai was charmed over and over. This allowed the archer to pick off the raise 2 users and the time mage to revive. Very close though!

Gg...max damage cover fire clinched it.

Otabo

Mime craziness abound! Neverthless, Frannies became too fast for Malroth's team to handle. GG.

Leif1991

Thanks yet again Barren.
Damnation. At least my team can survive much longer. I need to do something about the "Don't Act" procs, because that is what really did my team in.

silentkaster

Thanks Barren for the videos!!!
GG. I can't believe I came back in Round 1. Interesting.

Zotis

Awe, still no matches for me.  Why must you torture me so?  :P

Reks

Quote from: Zotis on May 03, 2014, 04:17:41 am
Awe, still no matches for me.  Why must you torture me so?  :P

The trend is if you don't ask for one, it won't be given.

Will design a team or something tomorrow... Err, today. Later today.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128