• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:42:30 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Is there any way to replace the FFT soundtrack with different music, in emulator

Started by junkwes, February 16, 2020, 07:33:29 pm

junkwes

Despite how brilliant the FFT sountrack is (one of the main reasons I liked it so much), I'm on my 6th play through, and the tunes are getting too familiar. I had an idea that I'm sure others have had to replace the soundtrack with custom files.

Is there any way to integrate different music into FFT without turning the in-game volume all the way down and have tracks playing in the background?

FWIW, I am currently obsessed with the soundtrack in the game Regions of Ruin and I was able to extract the music. I have various other ideas for customizing the soundtrack so that it works "on cue."

Any advice is appreciated.
  • Modding version: PSX

Nyzer

IIRC there is a tool with a limited way to import tracks, though it's very easy for them to become distorted. Trying to find it...

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=9571.msg226266
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

IsoldeLadonna

• Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: IsoldeLadonna

Snowmeow

Quote from: IsoldeLadonna on July 27, 2021, 12:39:25 amThe game's music is the default, changing it won't be very good.
It depends.
In Example, someone wants to make a new game with another story, having other sprites, among other things (Like Call of Power).
For a different story, a different soundtrack seems more adequate.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown