• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 02:20:12 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

The Chronicles of Kanbabrif

Started by Bastard Poetry, May 17, 2008, 07:20:29 am

Cheetah

August 23, 2008, 11:37:09 am #380 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
So obviously this project has taken a pretty major blow from BP's computer getting stolen. But I refuse to let the villainous acts of others to influence how I lead my life and thus I will not be taking any kind of break from this project. This is all very easy for me to say seeing as how I wasn't affected directly like BP and am not dealing with any of the struggles he is, but I want to support and encourage him as much as I can and this is the best way I know how.

Thanks to Voldemort's great commentary on Part I, I feel that the Chronicles are even more popular than ever. The anticipation for Part II is great and I'm hoping that the support of this community will help keep BastardPoetry's spirits high so that this incident will only be a small speed bump in the march of the great Kanbabrif.

So on that note here is a mysterious hooded figure based of the hooded Gaf at the execution site. Really all I did was add a front view to the character. I am going to attempt to do a walking animation from the rear view for him, but not much else. Though he is rather cool looking. I am also going to post an alternative palette option soon to see what people think.

I'm going to continue to use this thread as sounding board for the work I'm doing to get criticism and hopefully keep people informed so that everyone knows this project is still going strong.
Current Projects:

Vanya

August 23, 2008, 01:10:01 pm #381 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
I likey! Very mysterious.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Archael

August 23, 2008, 02:19:21 pm #382 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
looks awesome 5*

a black palette, perhaps?/

Cheetah

August 23, 2008, 03:34:29 pm #383 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
So here are the palette options. What I would really like to know is whether people think the third one down (the better looking white/tan one) is a viable option. If people don't think it will work I will probably stick with the standard brown. I was just testing the blue and I did the black so Voldemort would know what it looked like. But these are the colors this hooded guy's partners will likely be, so I'm looking for some variety. Plus if the white/tan looks good then it will make for some cooler things. Sorry very vague because I don't want to give away any surprises.
Current Projects:

Archael

August 23, 2008, 03:41:01 pm #384 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
yeah the tan looks good

they all do

8Bit Fighter

August 23, 2008, 08:45:38 pm #385 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 8Bit Fighter
if there is anything I can do to help then I would be more than glad to provide in this effort!

And I kinda like the white and blue ones.  Dunno why but they all good.

BeoulveBlack

August 23, 2008, 09:09:55 pm #386 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by BeoulveBlack
@BP
sorry bout the cpu; i'm sure it really sucks to have it stolen. i plan on getting one of my own soon, and i was wonderin, don't they have gps trackers in some of them?

trickstardude7

August 23, 2008, 09:11:52 pm #387 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by trickstardude7
awesome cheetah! IMO i think that brown and black is a bit overused in the game so maybe the tan/white??

Cheetah

August 23, 2008, 10:40:19 pm #388 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Good, I'm glad the white/tan is getting everyone's seal of approval. This will make things much cooler.

Now to get some walking animations done and then it is on to the next hooded figure.
Current Projects:

Bastard Poetry

August 24, 2008, 01:30:37 am #389 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bastard Poetry
Awesome work, Cheetah! I like the brown one and the black one, equally.

I'm really glad that you're doing what you can to keep the excitement up, and continuing work on the fine details. It means a lot to me--as does the support of everyone here.

With the wedding coming up in less than a month, and the struggles to get our life together and settled here in the new city, and my own personal struggles to get my old fun toys to work on this ancient laptop from '98, I haven't been as ambitious about working on the Chronicles. I think about it a lot, but that often leads to more anger at having lost all of the work I had done, as well as the general frustration of WANTING to do more work, but lacking the means to do it. I actually spent the last two days struggling to find a screen recording program that will work on this thing.. with very little luck. It seems that running a screen recorder and an emulator at the same time is just too much for this little guy to handle. The slow down made it sickly and senile. On the up side, I did manage to get ePSXe and an image of FFT to work. The quality's not great, but it's not bad either, and it runs perfectly on 100 FPS. Just.. can't record it.

Anyways, I will definitely be around to keep up with you guys. I don't always have the time to post lengthy things or linger much, but I'll still deliver e-high fives when I can.

Also, Corban: Cashel actually just found out about a variety of different tracking options for laptops. (Too late for us, but good for future purchases). There's one where you register on a site, and if it's ever stolen, they can track it. I'm sure there are also GPS-like things out there. I asked her to look up that information again so that I could post it for you, but she's in the middle of something right now. So if you don't have any luck googling it, let me know and I'll post some info for you tomorrow.

Oh, and ALL GLORY TO KANBABRIF!
Final Fantasy Tactics - Thief SSCC:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL73FB72C01D917FD6&feature=viewall

(Fully recorded LP; successes, failures, and most things inbetween)

Cheetah

August 24, 2008, 02:22:45 pm #390 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
I haven't gotten the official "okay" from BP but I'm going to continue forward to test using the white/tan option since people seemed to think it would work well. I touched up the standard animations and now I am working on a walking animation. I'm actually kind of excited about this because I made a gif animation to see it in action and now I'm going to see if I can share and show it off! I did the frames from scratch and this is my first attempt at animating it. It needs some touching up but what do people think so far (hopefully it shows correctly!!).

PS: Heck yeah it works, freaking sweet.
Current Projects:

SentinalBlade

August 24, 2008, 02:49:32 pm #391 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Love that thing...cant wait for its release :O

Vanya

August 24, 2008, 06:13:21 pm #392 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
I like it, too. However, the walking animation gives me the impression of an evil penguin. =)
¯\(°_0)/¯

Archael

August 24, 2008, 06:14:12 pm #393 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
evil penguin?

all the better, then

Zozma

August 24, 2008, 06:14:31 pm #394 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
that walking preview is a pretty neat idea...
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Cheetah

August 24, 2008, 10:22:52 pm #395 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Yeah the gif preview is awesome, it just really isn't all that easy to do with other sprites since they are in pieces (this guy's arms are attached). But using shishi it should be easy to grab the put together frames and then make it into a gif really fast.

I wasn't originally intending to complete this sprite, but I really enjoy working on the walking animations so maybe someday. This guy plus the Rofokare sprite could make for a good high magic class like a sorcerer or something for male and female versions.

The walking animation is still rough and I will work on it tonight. I think he will likely always look a bit like a penguin though. Evil is good though. I need to add motion to his right side and probably a bit of waggle to his hood. Though I'm starting to worry that it might end up being too much motion and maybe I should strive for just a slight whisper of movement. I will do more gif previews and show them off though for comments. Criticism makes all this stuff worth doing haha.
Current Projects:

Cheetah

August 25, 2008, 12:06:35 pm #396 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Portrait. This will be the one for the Chronicles though and not if I actually turn this into a real sprite.
Current Projects:

Vanya

August 25, 2008, 01:14:17 pm #397 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
That's cool. Based on Gafgarion's hooded portrait, no doubt. =)
¯\(°_0)/¯

Ryonin

August 26, 2008, 12:19:08 am #398 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Ryonin
You might want him to dip at the full length of his stride, as the other sprites do. Also, the fabric has to come from somewhare when  it gets pulled forward by his feet or arms.  The way the cloak is shaped to start is fine for standing still, but it should deform when the limbs move in either direction.

It's a good start, though.

Kenshin72

August 26, 2008, 12:45:38 am #399 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kenshin72
I can't take my eyes off the penguin... I think Cheetah just made the next HYPNO TOAD!!!