• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 08:00:46 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Sidequest Ideas (31/40)

Started by LastingDawn, July 11, 2009, 05:10:46 pm

SilvasRuin

July 27, 2009, 04:09:48 pm #140 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
Hah!  Perhaps someone should make a quest involving them having to pay off a hefty tab somehow...  Hrm.  Don't have time now, but I'll be pondering that later.

mav

July 27, 2009, 04:18:00 pm #141 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
Quote from: "LastingDawn"Because of the multi-patching done, events and inbattle events are not matters of concern, in fact there could be an event to restore both Ramza and Rad to max HP and MP (I think?), in fact... is this available in all four chapters? If so, there could be a number of matches for each and every chapter, each one with a varying final prize. I would say that Yardow or Zaland locations (not map neccessarily...) might be the best place to hold these tournaments. Are you sure you only want one try as well? I can arrange it that, you can take multiple tries, and even possibly arrange a system and seperate matches of... for instance...
If the HP and MP could be restored after every third fight (after the third, then sixth, then ninth) or even halfway through (as in after the fifth battle) that should make Survival Mode a bit more balanced, as Silvas mentioned. To me one try makes the Tournament more worthwhile (though a bit tougher for the player), but if there is only one tournament, I suppose that's a bit unfair...

Quote from: "LastingDawn"Though I think for simplicities sake, I think I'll have the Tournaments held in the Thieves Fort, on second thought... this will allow ease of access. Failure in combat will only lead to being sent back to Gariland, to assure that it wouldn't repeat itself over and over and...
Thieves' Fort is fine, I suppose. The only reason I chose the South Wall at Bethla Garrison is because it literally looked like the place a tournament would be held; the map is basic enough for an uncomplicated fight, but versatile enough for a decent match. Though a different location(s) would be perfectly acceptable.

Quote from: "LastingDawn"Though how does that look? 18 seperate battles per chapter? (that might be a bit much...) feel free to re-examine the amount, if we do decide to do it in this manner.
Oh my, that's quite a few battles, but if we could flesh it out, then perhaps 10 (or so) battles per chapter would be neat.

I feel like I'm hijacking this thread, since the Tournament really does need a lot of work. I hope that those of you following these posts about the Tournament will give input, since I really haven't thought this through...I'll keep this on my mind and give you an adequate response as soon as I can.

SilvasRuin

July 27, 2009, 04:23:32 pm #142 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
I like the tournament idea and I say you should keep on hijacking the thread.  It's a fun idea that would be great to flesh out.

beawulfx

July 27, 2009, 04:25:53 pm #143 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by beawulfx
Well, I can maybe think of some more input later, but a little note is that I would really like the 'round mode' suggested by LastingDawn. Since we are only able to customize Rad/Ramza for the whole game and there are so many new jobs and items to play around with I think it would be a lot more fun if we could tailor our jobs/team set up before each battle. Then we get more and more chances to try out new set ups and play around with all that Mercenaries has to offer. I know we can equip change in battle but I would like the opportunity to switch up classes and such. I know this makes it a bit easier, but I think if we beef up the challenge of each group that would balance out just fine. I think this sounds much more appealing though.
My FFT 1.3030 videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 18EFFEA0AD
My FFT: Mercenaries videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 174F169EE5
My FFV Random Class Challenge videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... C9F3BD69BF

mav

July 27, 2009, 08:29:12 pm #144 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
Hah, thanks for the encouragement, Silvas. And that makes a lot of sense, beawulf--it would definitely be a lot of fun switching around classes in preparation for the new fights, plus you would also get a chance to equip the newly received items and spend all that well-deserved JP on new techs, and on top of all that, we could drop out some of the solo fights make this more challenging (which is what I'd really like to see).

So what do you guys think, should this tournament be available for each chapter, should there be a separate tournaments with different characters for each chapter, or should there be one mega tournament available once in only one chapter? And should you be unable to re-enter the tournament once you've lost? Although in the case of new tournaments in each chapter, you could still enter those after losing the previous tournament...

beawulfx

July 27, 2009, 08:40:09 pm #145 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by beawulfx
In my own selfish way I would love a new tournament each chapter with the aforementioned ability to adjust between battles. That would be epic and outstanding. But I don't know how LD feels, he will be doing a lot of programming so however he sees it.

I say no on the re-entry because you should be saving very often anyway with all these missions popping up all over the map. Then you can just reset and try again like I would for a multitude of reasons anyway. I don't think it would be that big of a problem. If you haven't saved in a long while and you miss out, that sucks for sure, but I doubt that would happen much. Maybe that's just my save-heavy self talking though, I wouldn't be inconvenienced.
My FFT 1.3030 videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 18EFFEA0AD
My FFT: Mercenaries videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 174F169EE5
My FFV Random Class Challenge videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... C9F3BD69BF

SilvasRuin

July 28, 2009, 01:12:11 am #146 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
Repeatable tournament would be fun, especially if the enemies grew in level with you (particularly if their setups can get deadlier in doing so).  I favor the option to repeat whether you win or lose, so long as you can't get absolutely fantastic or one of a kind equipment with every completion.  There would need to be diminishing returns.  As for whether it should be available each chapter?  The more the merrier.

Kagebunji

July 30, 2009, 02:05:47 pm #147 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kagebunji
This is probably my last idea, don't know if it's good though

Rad feelings

Chapter(you know storyline, so you will choose)

Gafgarion was lately praising Ramza a lot, Rad felt that he is weak and no longer needed cause Gaff don't pay him any attention. He decides to fight Ramza to see if he is good enough to stay with them. In this battle you control Ramza

Enemy units:
1. Rad- stats aren't changed, but for this battle Rad has something "extra".

There are two options to win:
1.Bringing Rad HP to critical: he is saying that this is not the end, then he casts Flare2 on Ramza. Ramza faints and Rad wins, he then laughs that he is stronger afterall, even without Gafgarion. Rad also says that he will buy Ramza a round in the bar.
2. Ramza HP is bringed to critical: Battle ends and Rad want to still go on ( and almost kill Ramza), then Gafgarion come and stops Rad, he also scolds him of being so self-centered.

Rewards:
1.Elixir.
2. 5000 gil ( and Rad apologies Ramza)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Kagebunji

July 30, 2009, 02:13:12 pm #148 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kagebunji
Reading last posts given me idea for next one:

Pay back!

chapter 4 (it would be best)

When Ramza and co. were resting in Zirekile, 5 knights appeard, saying them that they come for gil from all those drinks and milk. Now there are two options

1.Pay them: you lose 75% of your current gil
2.Are you kiddin??: hard battle starts, your reward will be 60000 amount of gil.

After choosing first option, Rad says he will never again get drunk in the bar
When choosed second option, Ramza says that they shouldn't do that, Gafgarion says that he is too soft.

goldblade0

August 12, 2009, 08:22:01 pm #149 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by goldblade0
I have half a idea, the starting point.  It seems that all these ones are starting at the bar, or simular situations with random people doing random stuff.  Why not have it with a Noble giving the job, since they have been known to do things of the nature.
It'll be a good long time until someone flushes another guitar string.

LastingDawn

August 12, 2009, 08:41:51 pm #150 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Nobility + Gafgarion = Cash for Gafgarion, it makes proper sense.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Kagebunji

August 29, 2009, 11:39:51 am #151 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kagebunji
Remember the idea I sugested about mission "extincioned behemoth"? Well here is sprite, just portrait is missing, I know not how to do portraits.

And here is Demon Baron for mission "dead everywhere"

LastingDawn

August 29, 2009, 12:17:30 pm #152 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Wow, those look pretty good! Very nice recolors! Let's see if Mav of MikeMitchi can make a palette to match the portraits, don't worry I know how to input portraits alone.

But... soething seems to be wrong with the Behemoth picture, it seems to cut itself off as the third set starts.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Kagebunji

August 29, 2009, 12:22:30 pm #153 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kagebunji
I know, but I just saved picture normally (in BMP) as I always do, and this happened, I know not why, it's the first time (btw, I have newest shishi), if you need anything recolored, just ask, I like doing it.

mav

August 29, 2009, 12:54:05 pm #154 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
I'll happily recolor the portraits, just give me the exported BMP and it'll take no time. Though maybe the purples on the demon's face should be changed out a bit--right now they're just a little too bright. Good job though, man.

Kagebunji

August 29, 2009, 01:34:46 pm #155 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kagebunji
Here you are.

mav

August 29, 2009, 02:29:20 pm #156 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
Alrighty, I got the Behemoth done. I still think the demon needs some color work, but whatever; I'll try and get to it later tonight.

EDIT: The sprite is in BMP form, you should be able to import the palette. If this is an issue, I'll fix it for you. But for reference's sake, I've also attached a PNG of what the new portrait looks like.

Kagebunji

August 29, 2009, 02:36:59 pm #157 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kagebunji
Good job, thanks for help.

Archael

August 29, 2009, 06:49:39 pm #158 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
that behemoth is great

jesus christ nice color choices

Kagebunji

August 29, 2009, 08:17:26 pm #159 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kagebunji
Thanks, he is called "Sacred behemoth" so he must have unique colors.