• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:46:54 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

New FFT Announced, But...

Started by Eternal, April 26, 2013, 01:43:50 pm

Eternal

It's a social game.

From the FFWiki:

"Square Enix has announced a new social game titled Final Fantasy Tactics S. The details are light thus far, but the game will cast the player as a clan master commanding different jobs to restore luster to the Crystal. A teaser site for the game depicts familiar jobs and monsters based on Final Fantasy Tactics sprites, such as Flan, Behemoth, Demon Wall, and jobs including Black Mage, Elementalist, and Dragoon. Viera, Moogles and Seeq are included among the sprites."

http://www.jp.square-enix.com/ffts/

So, yeah. Make of that what you will.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Dokurider

As long as it's for the PC, and not for phones like the previous releases of FFT have been, I'm game. FFH should organize a group there.

Eternal

It's for Android phones and iPhones.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Dokurider

Then forget it then. I'll ignore it just like everything else Square's been doing that hasn't been from Eidos Montreal.

MiKeMiTchi

Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

The Damned

April 26, 2013, 05:56:11 pm #6 Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 10:53:16 pm by The Damned
(I don't even have an Android phone or iPhone.)

So...basically just another thing that shows Square-Enix doesn't actually care about the Ivalice Alliance and further justifies our existence? Good times.

Oh well. That said, I would like to think they put some effort into it so it's at least decent. We don't need another FFT:A besmirching FFT's name.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Choto

funny how we've gone further with FFT than they have all this time... how are they still in business??

Jumza

We should spam mail square with requests to make FFT 2 on PC with epic multi-player potential (<-- crazy but wonderful dreams)
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Mobius

Let's make it ourselves.

Fucking for-profit focused companies nowadays can't be relied on anyways.
Now everyone sit down, relax and have a good damned cup of tea.
Then go out into the forest and see the stars.

Then come back and realize it's pointless to be so worked up over what's meant to be our hobby.
That should be my motto here, holy s

Kagebunji

Those sprites looks sweet though. However I doubt it will ever be possible to get full sheets...
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

scbw1234

Mobius

Quote from: Mobius on April 26, 2013, 10:48:55 pm
Let's make it ourselves.

Fucking for-profit focused companies nowadays can't be relied on anyways.

^^^

The comment that started it all.
Now everyone sit down, relax and have a good damned cup of tea.
Then go out into the forest and see the stars.

Then come back and realize it's pointless to be so worked up over what's meant to be our hobby.
That should be my motto here, holy s

Avalanche

Square-Enix shouldnt have the right to use the name Final fantasy. Imo.

Argy

Looking forward to seeing it. No doubt it will be riddled with in app purchases!
Kotetsu Quad Killer!!

Jumza

Looks like it'll be played more like the original FF's, rather than on a chess-board style battlefield.

Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.