• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 04:59:57 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

☢ ☢ ☢ FFT 1.3 AI Tournament Season 5 ☢ ☢ ☢ [FINISHED] Post-Discussion

Started by Wiz, May 27, 2011, 12:04:42 am

skiploom188

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
======================================================================
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542
======================================================================

efrate

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Barren

You dare cross blades with me?

formerdeathcorps

May 27, 2011, 03:46:14 pm #24 Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 01:47:11 am by formerdeathcorps
Just because I beat an earlier variant of my team that had a black chocobo doesn't mean my team is technically complete.  Forgot to do any real testing last week (which I spent debugging ASM and RPing), so my team should have some obvious (and fixable) problems.  Mind you, here's what it SHOULD look like.

Kiech
Male
Cancer
Ninja
Item
Dragon Spirit
Attack UP
Move+2

Spell Edge
Assassin Dagger
Black Hood
Earth Clothes
Sprint Shoes

Sword, Ninja Sword
X-Potion, Hi-Ether, Holy Water, Remedy, Phoenix Down

Charlie
Male
Scorpio
Monk
Time Magic
Counter
Equip Armor
Move+3

Crystal Helmet
Power Sleeve
Diamond Armlet

Spin Fist, Wave Fist, Earth Slash, Stigma Magic, Chakra, Revive
Haste, Slow, Don't Move, Demi

Twelve
Male
Pisces
Geomancer
Talk Skill
Counter Flood
Magic Attack UP
Move-HP Up

Rune Blade
Aegis Shield
Flash Hat
Judo Outfit
Red Shoes

All Elemental
Preach, Threaten, Refute, Mimic Daravon

Aesil
Female
Cancer
Samurai
Yin Yang Magic
Damage Split
Equip Spear
Move+1

Holy Lance

Circlet
Carabini Mail
Feather Boots

Asura, Bizen Boat, Murasame, Heaven's Cloud, Kikuichimonji
Diminish, Paralyze
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

CupOfOrangeJuice

Sweet my first mach is against domieV his team looks a little like mine in terms and strengths and weaknesses, should be a good match. Also good luck domie remeber to "be" the ai

CT5Holy

Oh no! My Monk has 65 Brave instead of 70.... Strange. Oh well.
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

DomieV

I'm also excited to face you fattyzila. hopefully this time around I can get some procs in :) best of luck to you

CupOfOrangeJuice

You shall not know me as sir fattyzila no more. I am sir Wrong Death of Ivalice

Fanatic

Darn you, FFMaster.

I went to all the trouble of creating a naked unit with catch to counter throwing ninjas, and you go ahead and don't use throw! Well, maybe I can sucker your knight into running ahead and getting himself killed early.
Final Fantasy Tactics Football Fracas [FFTFF] Link:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/197339-final-fantasy-tactics/57703092

TrueLight

It Looks Like I'm Up Against Barren First Round. It Should Be An Interesting Battle Since Most Of Our Units Have Good Compat With Each Other.

GL Barren, and Make The Best Team Win :)

Side Note: I Think You Forgot To Give My Marksman Hi-Ether Barren.
  • Modding version: PSX

philsov

Best of luck to all!

- Stats are coming... soonish.
- Wiz, Fanatic's team got cut off in the OP.  Suggest migrating several teams onto the 2nd post, really, because they'll get swallowed as you pump more info into the OP
- Hi-fives are in order for LordBobBree, Mel, and throwaway for their masterful use of the Frog2 spell.  However, we are dreadfully scattered across the bracket!  Lord Bob and I might be facing each other in round 2, but otherwise the only way for us to clash like the awesome powerful gentlemen that we are is the like... semi-finals/finals.  MAKE IT THERE.  MAKE IT EPIC.  I WANNA SEE RIBBITFESTS.

And of course massive thanks to the refs and coordinators.  This takes a lot of time to run well.  I'm happy to hear Piercewise's sultry voice again! 
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Barren

Yes indeed TrueLight, I look forward to facing you. every move can be the tide turner for either one of us
You dare cross blades with me?

Wiz

Hmm, I'll put all the teams into the 2nd post (possibly the 3rd one too) for now since I need to going on Map Info which is my main concern.

I've got the spreadsheet now, so I can just re-enter all that cut off info, thanks for the heads up :D

Edit: As of this point, I've got all the small maps added to every match due to the fact that there's only 24 of 'em in total!

philsov

Quoteso I can just re-enter all that cut of info,

I'm pretty sure if you just go to edit the post all the stuff is there.  It just fails to display on formal post.  Should make for easier c/p :)

Wiz

It isn't sadly :(

It ends at the last word "Scorpio".

It's ok though, because I've got all night + all day tomorrow to get this done.

veliuz

Might versus magic who will win....
Eternal248 you will lose!! GL though!

Wiz

Winners Bracket Matches have all been updated in the OP

2/3's of the way done :mrgreen:

Then alphabetizing the teams and voila, I can get to work then.

Loser's bracket should be done in a few hours if I keep at this pace. It takes longer as time goes on because using RNG helps eliminate repeats from happening meaning I'm more likely to get repeats as the list slowly wittles down. (i.e. Slums in Dorter = Medium Map in match 45 and match 47)

Edit: Screw it, I'm tired and need to sleep for a few hours.

philsov

Presenting... stats!

A small shout-out goes to Lizovs, a 0-post registered member who PMed me half of these numbers at about 3 am XD.  Thanks dude, shaved off a lot of time for me.

Note that some of the numbers don't flat add up.  I got distracted by shiny stuff several times and lost my place on the list several times.  Enjoy the 95% accuracy :D

Gender - Males trumped the females.  Once again.  
Male 134
Female 102
Monster 20

Zodiac - What's with the Aquarius and Leo hate?  Capricorn outnumbers them combined.
Aqua 11
Aries 19
Can 31
Capr 33
Gem 18
Leo 11
Libra 21
Pisc 20
Sag 17
Scorp 22
Taurus 27
Virgo 25

Brave - 40 Brave making a popular choice to meet the team Br cap thanks to the availability of Abandon.  Most of the 51-60 are 60's to boot.
70              88
61-69           47
51-60           53
41-50           19
40              49

Faith - 40 Faithers are more abundant this season than last, iirc.  A predictiable valley is seen in the 61-69 range, but otherwise standard distribution via support casters vs. rest of the team.
70              87
61-69           10
51-60           69
41-50           62
40              28

Primaries - Squire... actually had a better showing than expected.  Knights are the leader thanks to their tanky stats and several teams (and Odal...) having multiple knight mains.
Squire          3
Chemist         10
Knight          46
Marksman        9
Monk            12
Priest          12
Wizard          15
Time Mage       17
Summoner        9
Thief           8
Mediator        1
Oracle          7
Geomancer       8
Lancer          19
Samurai         16
Ninja           33
Sage            4
Bard            6
Dancer          0

Secondaries
- Defensive (read: jobs that can revive) reigned supreme.  Basic skill again making a rise, but with ability restrictions Wish became popular by proxy.  Past that was Time Magic for Haste support, and then an even mix of all the rest.  
Basic Skill     14
Item            50
Battle Skill    9
Precision       4
Punch Art       25
White Magic     42
Black Magic     0
Time Magic      19
Summon Magic    9
Steal           8
Talk Skill      11
Yin Yang Magic  6
Elemental       10
Jump            5
Draw Out        11
Throw           4
Planar Magic    3
Sing            3
Dance           0
None        3

Total: A much more varied spread than previous, but thats to be expected without the JP cap holding back many classes.  There is a notable, complete lack of Dancers.  In fact, some people submitted (or were forced?) into blank secondaries.  Given the option between doing absolutely nothing and dancing, they chose absolutely nothing.
Squire          17
Chemist         60
Knight          55
Marksman        13
Monk            37
Priest          54
Wizard          15
Time Mage       36
Summoner        18
Thief           16
Mediator        12
Oracle          13
Geomancer       18
Lancer          24
Samurai         27
Ninja           37
Sage            7
Bard            9
Dancer          0

Monsters - Cows and pigs and tentacle monsters, mostly.  

Sacred 3
Wildbow 3
G Morbol 2
Cocatoris 2
Dark Behemoth 2
Morbol 1
Explosive 1
Uribo 1
Black Choco 1
Revnant 1
Mindflare 1

Reactions - Damage Split numero uno.  Anyone surprised?  At all?  Defensives reigned supreme, with the most popular offensive (Counter Flood) being present in only about a quarter of the teams.

Damage Split 53
Abandon        35
Speed Save 33
HP Restore 28
Dragon Spirit 25
Counter Flood 15
Counter        12
Counter Magic 6
MP Switch 6
Weapon Guard 6
Crit Quick 3
Regenerator 2
Sunken State 2
Absorb MP 1
Arrow Guard 1
Catch        1
Distribute 1
MA Save        1
Meatbone Slash 1

Supports - Short Charge was neck-and-neck with Damage Split for a decent stretch of the stats.  Good mix of offensive and defensive supports, but most supports are grey in those regards anyways.  There are several equip spear + 108 Gem Holy Lance Samurais, who trump Ice Brand Samus by spear range.  Only one Train, and no secret hunt.  Turns out we never officially banned them.  Whoops!
Short Charge 45
Defense Up 31
Attack Up 26
Eq Armor 25
Concentrate 21
Throw Item 15
Eq Shield 12
Magic Attack 10
Two Hands 8
Eq Spear 7
Martial Arts 6
Two Swords 6
Magic Def Up 6
Eq Crossbow 4
Eq Axe        2
Eq Gun        2
Eq Katana 2
Eq Sword 2
Half MP   2
Train        1

Movements - Move HP Up is the most popular one?  Meh, those are the numbers.  Move+3 passed over by many people to prevent team separation, I suppose.  
Move HP Up 51
Move +2       44
Move +3       30
Teleport 30
Move +1       26
Float        14
Fly        13
Ignore Height 10
Move MP Up 7
None        2
Walk on Water 2
Jump +3         2

Accessories - Sprint Shoes were oddly popular, but with other speed-boosting gear out of the pool it kind of makes sense.  108 gems is a popular choice among both fighters (3 weapons are boosted) and casters alike.  Some foolish people picked power wrist when they didn't even select diamond armlet O.o.
Angel Ring 38
Feather Mantle 34
Sprint Shoes 32
108 Gems 22
Magic Ring 19
Elf Mantle 15
Magic Gauntlet 15
Red Shoes 11
Diamond Armlet 10
Dracula Mantle 7
Germinas Boots 6
Feather Boots 4
N-Kai Armlet 4
Power Wrist 4
Defense Armlet 2
Reflect Ring 2
Rubber Shoes 2
Wizard Mantle 2
Defense Ring 1

Speed - Weighted average unit speed is 9.35 which is... very close to last season, despite less speed gear available.  People are wising up?  There's a bell curve around 9, which is the base for many classes or very easy to achieve with an 8 sp unit.
8 61
9 79
10 48
11 22
12 7
13 3
14 3
15 0

Revivers - Total number of units that can revive on a given team.  Three appears to be the sweet spot.
0 1
1 2
2 18
3 30
4 9

Haste? - Not as necessary as previously thought.  We'll see once we're at the final 8 or so.
Y 30
N 29

Random notes:
- PXTimeforDeath's team has 0 revival abilities.  Let us all point and laugh at him.
- Odal is the only person to rock the Quad (knight) setup.  Fight the good fight.
- Veliuz is the only player to have his entire team be single-gendered (male)
- Pokeytax vs. Dinosaur is a fight I would love to see.  Double 3x Monster + 1x Nanny!
- I think my favorite concept unit is the "Eastern Invader", an Equip Katana Ninja.  Katanas, although Br-dependant, have a 25% double shot proc ability.  A ninja who connects 3 blows (44% chance) will likely kill whatever he touches.
- Other favorite oddballers are anything that has Move MP-Up and Casters with empty primaries, Draw Out, MP Switch, and Equip Shield/Aegis.