• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 10:00:09 am

ePSXe Issues

Started by Eternal248, May 12, 2011, 07:50:54 am

Eternal

So I'm trying to test stuff out for Parted Ways, but I'm encountering a strange error. Every time I go to exit ePSXe (I'm using 1.7.0, but this has also happened to me on 1.6.0) the program crashes and I need to kill the process. The video plugin I use is P. E. Op. S OpenGL Driver 1.78, if that matters at all. Any idea what's causing it, and how to prevent it from happening again?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

GeneralStrife

Make sure your sound plugin is eternal spu, square fix and wait for xa buffer selected too.

Eternal

Just tried that, it still crashes upon closing.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

GeneralStrife

Your video plugin? I use the  pe op. s. soft driver. 60 fps limit, use the fps limit.

MagiusRerecros

That used to happen to me all the time, too; I couldn't figure out what was wrong, so I just started using pSX instead.
Move Zig. For great Justice.

Also, Algus sucks up to level 5 donkey balls.

philsov

hit escape.
File -> Exit

If you just close the window it won't shut down the program. 
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Eternal

Yeah, I did that as well. (I never just X out of a window.)

I'll screenshot my settings later. Maybe it'll help figure out what's wrong.

Wiz

Please provide a screenshot.

Your computer's not registering that graphics plugin and keeps on crashing because it's not capable of handling that plugin. The more advanced the graphics plugin, the more advanced of a graphics card you'll need to support it. Bump down to P.E.Op.S as GS noted and give that a whirl. All what OpenGL2, OpenGL, and so forth do is allow you to make the colors look prettier (which they already are with the least advanced plugins).
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Eternal

That's the thing, the game itself plays fine. Other than the usual graphical issues (like the black map), there aren't any issues. It's when I go to close the emulator through File -> Exit that it crashes.

Wiz

My bad, I didn't read this correctly. I thought you were having issues keeping it running smoothly. But yeah, still go down a notch and see if that same error occurs (shouldn't whatsoever).
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown