• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

attack.out & event editing help

Started by fluke84, February 10, 2011, 11:33:08 am

fluke84

I'm hoping someone can help me understand the flow of editing these two side by side(attack.out & events to match). I want to have an opening scene, followed by a series of battles with the chance to save between. I also need to know if I'd be able to "restart" the chain from the last map.

I'm hoping to keep the scenes as simple as possible so I can get the basics down. Would it be possible to go back after and modify them? I have a metric ton of questions so if anyone is willing to deal with that and help me please let me know.
  • Modding version: PSX
I'm back...

RavenOfRazgriz

I'll make a Tutorial that should tell you how to do this by tonight, fluke.  It's been on my to-do list for a while because a lot of the current Event and Attack tutorials currently are rather subpar for someone who doesn't already know what they're looking at somewhat.

fluke84

thanks for the help raven. Also now that I've found where the tutorial board is hidden I also have kokojo's tutorial on basic event editing. I'm gonna try out some of the stuff now and see how it goes. I already went through the process of trying to list every single event, battle, formation screen and save point in my patch. I assume knowing the flow beforehand really helps when it gets down to editing it all.

I guess I really need to know the limitations too, does each event have a certain amount of text allowed? Max number of lines of commands? I don't intend to make anything nearly that complicated but it's good to know the limitations in case.
  • Modding version: PSX
I'm back...