• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Cingin's Sprites - Octopus Royalty

Started by cingin, June 15, 2011, 06:53:01 pm

Kagebunji

• Modding version: Other/Unknown

GeneralStrife

cingin

Did some minor fixing up on the portrait, progress is slowly coming around.

RandMuadDib

Hey good to see another spriter return from absence! Can aalways use more.
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

Kagebunji

Heh, it's looking good! I like how his head is way bigger than body, hehe.

Good to know you still keep around, Cingin.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

cingin

Been still doing tweaking up the dwarf portrait, mostly the beard and eyes (beard still needs some work).
Also was working a dapper "stache" chap as practice (I dont think i'll do full sheet of him).

RavenOfRazgriz

Is it just me, or do the eyes on the dwarf you showed there seem off-center?  Maybe it's me, but the one in your avatar is better and more natural looking than the one you showed there, personally.  There's shading issues either way, but FFT shading styles can be very hard to get down well, as you can tell from quick pokes 'round these parts.  That dapper 'stache chap looks dapper indeed, though.  Fun concept.

RandMuadDib

I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

cingin

April 15, 2012, 05:12:47 pm #48 Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 05:51:22 pm by cingin

Basically recolored a marlboro and added a custom head.

Jon

Omg, that needs work but that is a seriously awesome idea! Keep going! I like the teeth, actually I like all of it. :mrgreen:
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

cingin

Did a portrait, still playing with the overall colors.

CONMAN

I assume octopus royalty- is reference to ff3/6 Ultros!  Kickass!
  • Modding version: PSX

Celdia

The first thing that comes to mind with the port is that its oversaturated for FFT style...but I like it like that. Run with it. Its Uncle Ulty. Make him stand out like the mutant he is. <3
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Lijj

Wow it's Ultros! great idea for a monster sprite. The portrait is pillowshaded though :(  Is there anyway you'd let me take a crack at it when I get back?

Jon

Agreed, portrait needs better shading. Right now it looks like something from a Sega Genesis game haha.
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

3lric

@cingin, are you still working on that lil Gnome fella? That is an awesome looking sprite and really deserves to be finished :D

cingin

Lijj - Feel free to take a crack at it, you're far more experienced than me at this.

Elric42 - Not at the moment, I still have to look into changing a .png to a .SPR and such.

Made a portrait of Derpy, highly doubt I'll make a full sheet though.

Celdia

I think we found a new avatar for Eternal right here. :D
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Eternal

• Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

3lric

Quote from: cingin on May 07, 2012, 12:26:34 pm
Elric42 - Not at the moment, I still have to look into changing a .png to a .SPR and such.

I'm not sure i understand what you mean. I know that a png can be saved as BMP witht he same results and a BMP is how you make a .SPR
all you gotta do is import the .bmp into shishi and then export it as SPR