• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 12, 2024, 07:09:01 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Bug Reports

Started by 3lric, March 25, 2013, 08:11:54 pm

RavenOfRazgriz

Also, Jumping with a Knight Sword doing more damage isn't a bug, Jump uses a strict PA*WP formula, with an added multiplier for Spears.  This is how it works in Vanilla and wasn't changed in Journey of the Five for various reasons.  This is partly why Dragoons were chosen to be a second class that can equip Knight's Swords, as they for all intents and purposes get the Spear Jump Bonus when using one.

alkarl

I can confirm some of the problems with %HP that TheDamned is having, I'll keep an eye out on it though. My personal issue was using Full Life on Cloud while he was afflicted with Blind and Regen. I'll play with it a little bit, otherwise thanks for keeping an eye on this!

kyozo22

Hey guys, on the 1.95 patch the game just hangs whenever somebody does an action. I dont know what the problem is as I patched the vanilla Iso that I always use.

Help would be appreciated! Cheers guys
  • Modding version: WotL

RavenOfRazgriz

I already know, something broke somewhere.  It's being worked on.  1.951 will be released ASAP to fix that problem and hopefully the %HP Damage thing The Damned and alkarl have mentioned as alkarl's post has given me an idea of where to look.

kyozo22

Ok brilliant, thanks!

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: kyozo22 on May 28, 2013, 11:00:22 am
Ok brilliant, thanks!

There's a temporary version up that removes the problematic ISO.  Info in the downloads thread.  This way you guys can at least play with the new changes and other fixes in 1.95 while we figure out the problems here.

Quote from: alkarl on May 27, 2013, 09:38:28 pm
I can confirm some of the problems with %HP that TheDamned is having, I'll keep an eye out on it though. My personal issue was using Full Life on Cloud while he was afflicted with Blind and Regen. I'll play with it a little bit, otherwise thanks for keeping an eye on this!

I tried multiple %damage moves (in particular, all 3 contained in Blue Magic) on Dante (who The Damned reported as being bugged), Dante with Blind, and Dante with Blind and Regen, and I still can't replicate this problem.  If you or The Damned can replicate this and give me some screenshots (not a video, The Damned :v) I can try and recreate it on my end and see what's going on, but nothing I can think of to do that would coincide with the circumstances you and The Damned are describing can make this error happen on my end.

alkarl

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on May 28, 2013, 05:04:30 pm
I tried multiple %damage moves (in particular, all 3 contained in Blue Magic) on Dante (who The Damned reported as being bugged), Dante with Blind, and Dante with Blind and Regen, and I still can't replicate this problem.  If you or The Damned can replicate this and give me some screenshots (not a video, The Damned :v) I can try and recreate it on my end and see what's going on, but nothing I can think of to do that would coincide with the circumstances you and The Damned are describing can make this error happen on my end.

Hm, that's odd. Here's the most information I can provide, screenshots and all. At first I thought Zodiac compat but...just no. Full Life only worked for a percentage of HP on everyone except Snake, and I didn't try Ramza since he is the one casting it. Since it was more of an afterthought, I just took a picture of Snake's setup since it was after battle. He only had Blind on.

If there is anything more I can provide for you I'll do my best.

RavenOfRazgriz

I just tried my party with as close to those exact same setups as I can make on my debug save file (aka they didn't have Small Capes) and I cannot produce the error even with my entire party having Reraise.

It didn't happen to you on Snake so the Small Cape is clearly not a deciding factor, it seemed like Reraise was but I'm still not getting the effect.

What emulator are you both using?  Also, can you reproduce this error on 1.95TEMP?

The Damned

(I didn't want to post without having time to get screen-shots, but....)

I personally use ePSXe160 (and ePSXe170 for the normal speed videos). I haven't tried 1.95TEMP yet or even repatching with 1.941 to see if that's the problem since, as I already said, I'm 99% sure that ISO I've had for years is perfectly fine.

Since this is important though and I no longer feel as horrible I did all weekend, I'll try to post up some screenshots before I have to leave early tomorrow morning. So...sometime within the next 12 hours for you since you're on the East Coast.

For the record, though, despite alkarl's problem looking the same as mine, it never affected the other Five for me, just Dante (regardless of the class he was in). I never did try using Full-Life on him, much less when he already had Reraise or other status though.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

RavenOfRazgriz

Yeah we found the problem, you can all go yell at FFMaster for not checking both HP bytes on the %HP is Min(CurHP,999) ASM.

Also fixed the crashes regarding the bow damage display but we're fixing a few other things before releasing 1.951.  It should be set to go by tonight or tomorrow at worst.

alkarl

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on May 28, 2013, 10:23:58 pm
Yeah we found the problem, you can all go yell at FFMaster for not checking both HP bytes on the %HP is Min(CurHP,999) ASM.

Also fixed the crashes regarding the bow damage display but we're fixing a few other things before releasing 1.951.  It should be set to go by tonight or tomorrow at worst.

Sorry for going off topic but...

You(and the team) are amazing. I just felt like this needed to be said again.

3lric

Lol, thank you very much.
  • Modding version: PSX

3lric

Moving this here, since it was in the wrong section FFH

Quote from: iostream on June 01, 2013, 05:33:02 pm
First off, nice job on all the work you guys have done, great stuff!  :D

I have stumbled on a few bugs so far on the FFT Journey of Five patch:

1. Snake's name reads 00000000000000=/T

2. Enemy evaded 100% strike rate (Link Whirlwind) (and yes the enemy sprite blocked the attack - just to clearify the enemy was in a valid attack area [1n, 1s, 1e, 1w])

3. Using save state to reset scenario to prior turn: A 46% chance of success had a success rate of 100% - I understand this could be an argument of infinity, but maybe take a look to tweek success rate %.  (mermaid's poison frog attack)

4. Poison status does not end after death (maybe you wanted this, but not sure)

5. Cut scene at slums typo found "brtravelling"
=========================
I will let you guys know if I find other issues.  Thanks again for the new release!  :D

RavenOfRazgriz

June 01, 2013, 10:07:50 pm #153 Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 10:16:38 pm by RavenOfRazgriz
1 + 3 sound like a dirty ISO.  3 will also occur if you save state after the RNG is "locked", because all RNs for the AI are rolled before their turn and save stating at the wrong spot will cause them to always get the same result.  The most common way for this to happen is to Move and Act, then save state just before or just after choosing a direction to end your turn facing, with the next turn being an AI turn.  All the RNs are rolled at this point for all the AI's actions and skills so loading state will just cause the same thing to happen over and over again.

2 + 4 aren't bugs.  (2 technically is, but that's because Whirlwind Blade isn't meant to actually display the way it does and I keep forgetting to fix it.)

5 is fixed on the scripts and should be all set for the next release.

kyozo22

June 05, 2013, 05:49:14 am #154 Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 04:51:09 pm by kyozo22
Ok, pretty massive bug now on my 1.951 iso - ramza's name has magically changed to vincent, his job is now completely blank/ unnamed and his job wheel status has completely reset.

No idea how this happened, but am really pissed of with myself now for not having a backup save! Don't think its an ISO issue as I've been using the same one for years with no problems. Thanks for reading guys.

3lric

That issue has been found. someone else reported it a few days ago, and Raven had been trying to replicate it, once we found out where it was coming from it was fixed. Expect a new patch for this within the next few hours

iostream

Quote from: kyozo22 on June 05, 2013, 05:49:14 am
Ok, pretty massive bug now on my 1.951 iso - ramza's name has magically changed to vincent, his job is now completely blank/ unnamed and his job wheel status has completely reset.

No idea how this happened, but am really pissed of with myself now for not having a backup save! Don't think its an ISO issue as I've been using the same one for years with no problems. Thanks for reading guys.

Haha, that blows, was a fix found?

Jumza

Quote from: Elric on June 05, 2013, 04:51:08 pm
That issue has been found. Expect a new patch for this within the next few hours
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

kyozo22

Ah cool, cheers. I'm already at Mandalia now so have almost caught up anyway! Just playing it REAL cautious now! Cheers.

3lric

Glad you are still enjoying it :D