• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 20, 2024, 07:44:50 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Guys, I'm bored, how does an RP sound? In b4 I'm a nerd

Started by iopyud, October 03, 2009, 11:24:30 am

iopyud

So, an RP in case you don't know... which you probably do is a Role Play.
You make characters and write a story with other people making things up all the way.

(I feel really stupid explaining it but it's pretty much the only intro I can think of.)

I've done this a couple of times, I did well except none of them finished and people got bored of it after a while which is perfectly fine too.

I got a good premise: How about an alternate time line that happens after the game where Delita didn't... end up like how he did?

You play as part of a peace-keeping force being given various missions.
Aside from the main story I have in mind, players are highly encouraged to use the said system to explore their character's own back story.

Players are allowed to have 1 to 3 characters. Stats and systems are irrelevant, the game will be played as if we're writing a story.

Rules will be discussed more depending on how interested people are.

u cna't typ lik dis tho lolol

Well?
So ur wid ur rival adn u were fighting den wen he beat u ur holy stone glowed and spoke, it told u "Your soul will unite with my flesh" den u tell ur rival dat but ur rival said "No, that's just an ordinary rock"
THEN WHO WAS STONE?

Mental_Gear

October 03, 2009, 11:47:16 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Mental_Gear
I'd love to. Last RP I was in moved far too fast, and usually while I was asleep.

However, your 'Delita didn't end up like he did' is open to different views.

iopyud

October 03, 2009, 09:46:59 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by iopyud
He didn't get stabbed by Ovelia at the end, so Ivalice had one ruler.

I'll make rules about moving as well. Like... 2 to 3 posts per person a day or something...

EDIT:

I honestly expected around 5 to 10 takers, but wow... nobody seems to be that interested at all. I mean, with around... 5 different people replying, I'd start right away.
So ur wid ur rival adn u were fighting den wen he beat u ur holy stone glowed and spoke, it told u "Your soul will unite with my flesh" den u tell ur rival dat but ur rival said "No, that's just an ordinary rock"
THEN WHO WAS STONE?

Neuromancer

October 05, 2009, 10:13:32 am #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Neuromancer
I'd play, but we do need SOME system to keep things honest. I know that forum-driven RPing is mostly narrative, but we still need some way to figure out combat and whatnot.

Mental_Gear

October 05, 2009, 10:29:58 am #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Mental_Gear
necrobump

iopyud

October 06, 2009, 07:12:22 am #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by iopyud
Combat system will be narrative as well, and if by "honest" you mean balanced, apparently simply mentioning "no overpowered characters allowed" seem to work in most RPs.

Besides, I'd flat out deny a character in the sign up stage if I sense bullshit in the first place.

EDIT

Uh... this reply sounded a little mean... it's unintentional though.

Oh, I forgot. I'll set up some rules as well about character skills.

IE: You can't be a Holy Knight... well... you can but I gotta love your back story and RSM, secondary abilities cannot be changed, take in mind when you narrate your battles. If you put in Weapon Guard, your character must be damn good at parrying stuff. Put in auto potion, character better be innovative in using it while some guy's trying to kill him.

------------------
Sample Format:
------------------
Name:
Weight: (Use LBS)

Appearance: (Be as easy to remember as possible)
Gear: (Associated with appearance, you equip a Thief Hat, you better look like you're wearing one and not "He wears a white helmet full of darkness and then "Equip: Thief Hat")

Job: (Special Job characters are allowed depending on the back story. Will deny and not obliged to mention why.)
Secondary:
Reaction:
Support:
Movement: (If it's Move + 3 for example, your battle narration would be "He lunged so fast his attacker couldn't prepare a second shot with the bow" and crap like that.

You can't change jobs halfway without a good reason and you can only change job once. Make an arc for it, everyone will play in it.

Animals are counted as characters.

------
System
------

We'll be using a "mission system". Players are given missions one after another, or a break time if you want. You're free to use the system as you see fit to further develop your characters, I, being the host will give out missions for you to play.

Missions consist of:
Objective
Etc

Like... Hunt down this drug dealer on Dorter. Intelligence say that he'll be there three days from now and will do a deal with a well known noble, we don't know who the noble is but we know that the drugs he deal are a highly potent potion.

While doing the missions, if you're still not finished, I'll interfere with you to... 'fuck' you up and stuff. It's up to your brains to get your characters in the said predicament.

It can be light hearted and it can be serious, it gets deeper later on.
THEN WHO WAS STONE?

Neuromancer

October 06, 2009, 08:59:00 am #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Neuromancer
There's a reason why all pen-and-paper RPGs have some sort of system: To avoid the "I trump everything you do" syndrome and to provide some coherence and consistency.

As for changing jobs, I'd go for a more flexible ruling: If you've already mastered a job that is a prerequisite for your current one, you may switch to it, but if not, you need someone to train you before doing so (if you wanna be a Black Mage, for example, you need to find another master Black Mage that teaches you the ropes). Of course that won't be easy, and the change won't happen overnight.

iopyud

October 06, 2009, 09:58:06 am #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by iopyud
Okay, no problem.
We'll talk more about that.

Honestly, I'm thinking of more on actual combat choreography rather than "skill/ability whoring". That is to say, in game stats/skills won't be the main focus of your combat like the in-game cutscenes where there isn't much emphasis on "magic" and "defying physics". (Sure, people turning into demons but no DBZ/Bleach crap).

Of course, that impression towards the game might be just mine.

Even having said that, we really can't prevent if there are a-holes running around writing "Omfg I parry every thang lolol den I slit ur throat roflcopter".

Seriously, I'll disregard posts like that and kill the said character right on the spot or something.

Having said that: How's 1 to 3 abilities learned in your active skills? 6 maximum including secondary skills.

I like your concept of job changing but the problem is the severe lack of interest, that means lack of players and other people playing other jobs.
THEN WHO WAS STONE?

Asmo X

October 06, 2009, 02:06:42 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
nerd

dwib

October 06, 2009, 03:37:20 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by dwib
Quote from: "Asmo X"nerd

Mental_Gear

October 06, 2009, 05:19:29 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Mental_Gear
Looks like this won't take off, as these halfwits believe 'creative individual' is the same thing as 'nerd'.

Xifanie

October 06, 2009, 06:47:56 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Mental_Gear

October 06, 2009, 07:13:29 pm #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Mental_Gear
So says a hacker.

dwib

October 06, 2009, 07:38:36 pm #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by dwib
If we want to make it really cool it could be some Naruto role playing I'll be the weird anime guy that does too much screaming in every episode

DarthPaul

October 06, 2009, 07:49:38 pm #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

PX_Timefordeath

October 06, 2009, 08:06:49 pm #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by PX_Timefordeath
When DP says it, you know you guys are screwed.

Neuromancer

October 06, 2009, 10:25:48 pm #16 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Neuromancer
Gotta love the irony on the "nerd" posts, lol.

Oh well, it looks like this thread was born dead already,

iopyud

October 07, 2009, 08:28:57 am #17 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by iopyud

=,(
THEN WHO WAS STONE?

Mental_Gear

October 07, 2009, 08:33:24 am #18 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Mental_Gear
I expected no better of Asmo.

Asmo X

October 07, 2009, 09:47:24 am #19 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
Too easy