• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 08:54:19 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

FFT DVD Covers

Started by KazeKasano, September 06, 2008, 02:51:20 pm

KazeKasano

September 06, 2008, 02:51:20 pm Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 07:51:01 pm by KazeKasano
If anyone is interested, I have this terrible habit of putting my PSX games into DVD cases, usually only because I've made a cover for them.
Currently, I have 2 for FFT, and as soon as I get them uploaded to Photobucket, I'll link to them so you guys can enjoy them!

Edit:

Edit: 10 points to anyone who can recognize every picture used to make this.

If anyone would like to use it, it's best to print on matte paper, tell the printer to fit it to the page.
I can distribute the .psd for those interested.
We will build cities in a day, we will build towers to the heavens. We will be heroes.
This sleeping city doesn't know what's coming. She doesn't feel the heat.
Even when the darkness surrounds us, we shall light up the night.

Cheetah

September 06, 2008, 03:03:00 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
cool
Current Projects:

Vanya

September 06, 2008, 03:20:18 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Sweet. I am of the same habitual nature.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

KazeKasano

September 06, 2008, 03:32:59 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by KazeKasano
The first one is uploading now. It's quite large, so I'm not sure if everyone will be able to view it easily.
Edit: First post updated. Decided to wait on the second one, I need to give it a new back cover, as it's currently the same as the one above.
We will build cities in a day, we will build towers to the heavens. We will be heroes.

LastingDawn

September 06, 2008, 10:50:58 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Excellent! Did you make these yourself? If so truly a fantastic job! Also the plot description is pretty odd... you make it seem as if Ramza and Delita are working as a team, then again it's not as bad as the "Crystals have Returned!" on the back of the FF9 box, at least yours is partially true, hehe.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

KazeKasano

September 07, 2008, 12:16:40 am #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by KazeKasano
Well, they may not be working as a team, but they do help each other out quite a bit. Without Delita, Ramza wouldn't have gotten Orlandu to join up.
We all know how that would've gone.
The second one will probably be done soon.

Yeah, I made it myself in Photoshop. I have too much free time.
Thank you for the compliment!

LastingDawn

September 07, 2008, 11:53:09 am #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Hmm, that picture though... for the one I've seen similar to it, doesn't it show Ramza kneeling, not To Delita, but towards Delita? I always liked that symbolic representation. From that point in the game Ramza plays Delita's puppet from beginning to end. Stops the Church, brings down House Beoulve, decimating the Hokuten, kills the Marquis, the last of Goltana's main supporters. The reasons for keeping Olan's father alive earned him the service of Olan. Ramza played enormously into all of Delita's plans past the meeting at the chapel.

Art of War

KazeKasano

September 07, 2008, 01:43:49 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by KazeKasano
Yeah. Ramza is a major player in all of Delita's plans, in my opinion because Delita just doesn't have the sheer force to stop the Lucavi.

The picture is from one of the official desktop backgrounds. He does kneel in the cutscene though. I managed to rip all the cutscenes from YouTube, as I am not fortunate enough to own a PSP.

LastingDawn

September 07, 2008, 01:52:01 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
It is still an incredible piece, I especially love the Ramza and Alma chocobos, very expressive detail. Oh as well, I wonder if you would be interested in making an instruction manual, using random pieces of Fanart along the way...?

Art of War

KazeKasano

September 07, 2008, 02:00:29 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by KazeKasano
As in the whole manual?
I'd love to give it a try when I have the time.
The semester's just started, so I should have a reasonable amount for the next month or so.
Edit: speaking of fan art, preliminary version of Chapter 4 Ramza artwork!

LastingDawn

September 07, 2008, 03:04:13 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Hmm, aside from the bit too tealistic sword it looks very good! Where did you find it at?

Art of War

KazeKasano

September 07, 2008, 03:34:39 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by KazeKasano
I made it using the Ch 2/3 Ramza, Luneth from FF3 (the belts), and FFTA2 Vaan (the sword, which I need to work on some more). I also tilted the head a bit.
I made it in Photoshop.
Edit: Alternate DVD cover up.

Cheetah

September 07, 2008, 11:44:20 pm #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
That Ramza is sweet. But I have to say I like the first cover art much more. The front of the second one is just way too busy with too much contrast between the different pieces of art.
Current Projects:

KazeKasano

September 08, 2008, 12:02:45 am #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by KazeKasano
Yeah. When I finished it, I looked at it and thought 'well, it's really busy compared to the back, and the colors don't mix'. But, since I'd worked on it for several hours, I just went with it.

Cheetah

September 08, 2008, 03:13:09 am #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Nothing wrong with wanting to show off your efforts, and we all learn equally from all our efforts whether ultimately good or not so much.
Current Projects:

KazeKasano

September 08, 2008, 01:32:36 pm #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by KazeKasano
True.
Life is a learning experience.

LastingDawn

September 09, 2008, 09:57:14 pm #16 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Hmm, I recall seeing a few good fanarts of the Zodiacs, they might work for the cover.

Art of War

KazeKasano

September 09, 2008, 10:51:54 pm #17 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by KazeKasano
Anything you can find, I can likely use. I'd love the help! ^_^
Also, if we have any artists who could create some high-quality artwork in Yoshida-san's style, I could use that too.

What I'd really like is a decent sized picture of the original Orlandu artwork.