• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

FFT: WOTL - Valeria 2.4 "Ivalice Remastered"

Started by Windows X, December 11, 2017, 04:33:54 am

Windows X

FFT: WOTL Valeria 2.2 - More bugs fixed with some adjustments to improve new patches

Hi guys. It's been almost a month after version 2.1 update with some critical issues addressed and resolved. However, there's still one big bug remained that Dragoon doesn't have Ignore Elevation by default and now it's fixed in 2.2 release.

Another I forgot in previous update is adding magical evasion on Celestial Stasis ability. 35 + MA hit rate is still considered high so magical evasion will allow enemies with Shield equipped having some extra evasion for re-balance purposes.

After fixing remaining issues after 2.1, I observe changes I made since Valeria 2 and made some adjustments for better re-balance on some jobs taming OP stats down to more reasonable level and buff some stats to make some jobs performing better.

Summoner will hit harder with 135 MA Multiplier giving more reason to consider using slower mage as Halve MP is not as effective as Swiftness
Arcanist will have weaker MA Multipler but has HP and speed improved so Arcanist can act before Black Mage/Summoner
Orlandeau will no longer have massive HP bonus to keep Chant and Duskblade combo in more reasonable level
Luso will join with stats adjusted as Delita in chapter 4 for more offensive tank role
HP/MP Multiplier of various jobs are adjusted accordingly to new changes in Valeria 2 update

-Changed Celestial Stasis to use magical evasion in calculation
-Changed Death's ability name to Doom with corrected description
-Decreased HP Multiplier on Geomancer job (110 -> 100)
-Decreased HP Multiplier on Sword Saint job (150 -> 125)
-Decreased MA Multiplier on Arcanist job (135 -> 125)
-Decreased MP Multiplier on Bard job (70 -> 75)
-Decreased MP Multiplier on Game Hunter job (105 -> 100)
-Decreased MP Multiplier on Samurai job (90 -> 80)
-Fixed Dragoon job not having Ignore Elevation as an innate ability
-Increased HP Multiplier on Arcanist job (65 -> 75)
-Increased HP Multiplier on Bard job (65 -> 75)
-Increased HP Multiplier on Dancer job (70 -> 85)
-Increased HP Multiplier on Game Hunter job (120 -> 140)
-Increased HP Multiplier on Ninja job (70 -> 75)
-Increased MA Multiplier on Summoner job (130 -> 135)
-Increased MP Multiplier on Ranger job (70 -> 75)
-Increased MP Multiplier on Geomancer job (95 -> 100)
-Increased PA Multiplier on Game Hunter job (110 -> 120)
-Increased Speed Multiplier on Arcanist job (90 -> 95)

FFT: WotL - Valeria 2.2 (PSP USA) - https://www.mediafire.com/file/spbd6lwwln5c738
FFT: WotL - Valeria 2.2 (PSP EUR) - https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6k5cr1hg0y7y1g

As some people still struggle in Luso fight with Behemoth casting Gigaflare instead of close range attack, Luso now has Defender that will halve magical damage and has higher HP and hit stronger enough to breeze through the fight now.

In my testing days, I used Ninja throwing Maiden Blessing or use Wall to pass this fight but it seems to be too specific to clear so I hope you will be able to enjoy Valeria 2 update without high difficulty spike now.
  • Modding version: WotL

illumiajavier

Hi all - First off, fantastic mod. I set up ppsspp gold with a switch controller and I'm having nostalgia overload here.

To the question I have - I'm playing the WOTL with Valeria 2.2 and I'm noticing something odd. I have a party of 4 Mimes and one Dancer, and the Mimes don't seem to copy any of the Dancer abilities, but they do copy her regular "attack target in front of you" mechanic. I tested it with a Bard as well and see the same issue. Am I doing something wrong or is that a mechanic that was removed? I was hoping for a Forbidden Dance barrage or a mass of Slow Dance.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

illumiajavier

Quote from: illumiajavier on July 11, 2020, 12:48:25 pmHi all - First off, fantastic mod. I set up ppsspp gold with a switch controller and I'm having nostalgia overload here.

To the question I have - I'm playing the WOTL with Valeria 2.2 and I'm noticing something odd. I have a party of 4 Mimes and one Dancer, and the Mimes don't seem to copy any of the Dancer abilities, but they do copy her regular "attack target in front of you" mechanic. I tested it with a Bard as well and see the same issue. Am I doing something wrong or is that a mechanic that was removed? I was hoping for a Forbidden Dance barrage or a mass of Slow Dance.

And a quick follow-up, but I can't seem to Entice anyone into joining the party that I've come across. They don't have items that are blocking the effect, there just simply isn't a % chance at all?

Windows X

Dance and Song abilities can't be mimiced anymore. I tested Entice skill myself and it worked as Orator main job. Maybe you tried to use on beast outside main job.

Cypherusuh

Quote from: illumiajavier on July 12, 2020, 09:23:31 amAnd a quick follow-up, but I can't seem to Entice anyone into joining the party that I've come across. They don't have items that are blocking the effect, there just simply isn't a % chance at all?

I noticed that it's usually happens on Story Quest, although not all unit can't be enticed. Maybe some unit has hidden finger block?

Also, is it just me, or story quest' level adjustment is really brutal?
I got my knight 2-shotted from simple fire, and my mages sniped in 1 crit ._.
And monster-only run on this mod is pretty insane due to enemy thief's poach ability

Windows X

Quote from: Cypherusuh on July 27, 2020, 05:16:42 amI noticed that it's usually happens on Story Quest, although not all unit can't be enticed. Maybe some unit has hidden finger block?

Also, is it just me, or story quest' level adjustment is really brutal?
I got my knight 2-shotted from simple fire, and my mages sniped in 1 crit ._.
And monster-only run on this mod is pretty insane due to enemy thief's poach ability

Enemies' level will be slightly higher but shouldn't be that much. The problem is equipment on enemies will scale with their levels. So your equipment will be lower than them if you overgrind and there's Orator's weaken skill to reduce level.

Monster only run can be tough if you let thief finishing monster. I usually deal with thief first or disable them. There're tons of disable skill to make sure thief won't finish your monsters.

ragnarok12

August 22, 2020, 03:42:44 pm #86 Last Edit: August 22, 2020, 09:43:10 pm by ragnarok12
I tried applying 2.2 USA patch to my clean WotL (USA) iso and the slowdown fix works on PPSSPP but not on my actual PSP

I figured it out, I forgot I had applied the livepatch slowdown fix to my PSP and that was conflicting with this mod

lusciouspear

Hi! Brand new to FFT, playing Valeria 2.2 on PPSSPP/Switch. This is impressive work. I'm on the third mission, I choose to "Save Agrath", and he goes and immediately gets himself killed before I even get a turn. Am I doing something wrong?

Talcall

I'd like to report a problem with the ENTD data you've set up,
it doesn't seem like Cid gets the job Dark knight after he joins. could this have something to do with the requirement to kill 20 units, and master the jobs knight and black mage rather than just have them at a level? just postulating, curious if you could see what's up!
""The only thing more hardcoded than FFT, is more FFT."
    - A wise man"
       - Talcall
  • Discord username: Talcall

Windows X

Quote from: ragnarok12 on August 22, 2020, 03:42:44 pmI tried applying 2.2 USA patch to my clean WotL (USA) iso and the slowdown fix works on PPSSPP but not on my actual PSP

I figured it out, I forgot I had applied the livepatch slowdown fix to my PSP and that was conflicting with this mod

Yeah this one requires clean ISO. :)

Quote from: lusciouspear on August 24, 2020, 11:32:50 amHi! Brand new to FFT, playing Valeria 2.2 on PPSSPP/Switch. This is impressive work. I'm on the third mission, I choose to "Save Agrath", and he goes and immediately gets himself killed before I even get a turn. Am I doing something wrong?

It's RNG and sometimes depends on your unit placement. If you place Chemist closer to Argath, he should try to retreat to backup line and you can save him. You can watch this Valeria 2.0 map for reference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWMNoQLvW8k

Quote from: Portalenthusiast on August 26, 2020, 07:25:48 amI'd like to report a problem with the ENTD data you've set up,
it doesn't seem like Cid gets the job Dark knight after he joins. could this have something to do with the requirement to kill 20 units, and master the jobs knight and black mage rather than just have them at a level? just postulating, curious if you could see what's up!

That might be the case. Maybe I should get Dark Knight job unlock requirements with Knight and Black Mage at level 8 too so at least you'll get something if you don't have Dark Knight job unlocked yet.

Nyzer

You can't force the game to unlock Dark Knights for a unit. It doesn't check for the kills or the Mastery. It only generates Job Levels & the learned skills.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Windows X

If unlock Dark Knight job before Cid joining, will Cid get that job too?

lusciouspear

Still enjoying, but stuck on the Luso mission. Sometimes he dies before my first turn. Sometimes on my second. My party dies quickly after-- I can't seem to get Shell on them quick enough. Also reflect rings and the White Robe don't seem to help...thanks!

Nyzer

Quote from: Windows X on September 03, 2020, 03:39:40 amIf unlock Dark Knight job before Cid joining, will Cid get that job too?

Don't know how I missed this, but no.

The kills are per unit, not party wide. As is the job Mastery.

Neither of those will be achieved from setting Cid to DK requirements in the Patcher, either.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Windows X

Quote from: lusciouspear on September 14, 2020, 01:20:51 amStill enjoying, but stuck on the Luso mission. Sometimes he dies before my first turn. Sometimes on my second. My party dies quickly after-- I can't seem to get Shell on them quick enough. Also reflect rings and the White Robe don't seem to help...thanks!

Gigaflare isn't reflectable like magic spell but you can use Maiden's Kiss from Items for immediate effect. Luso also equip Defender with innate shell status and I buffed his HP so he shouldn't go down easily.

Try to separate your group and make sure Gigaflare won't hit multiple units easily. Maybe I should consider changing it from 2-0 to 1-1 instead so it won't be too devastated.

Quote from: Nyzer on September 14, 2020, 02:16:49 amDon't know how I missed this, but no.

The kills are per unit, not party wide. As is the job Mastery.

Neither of those will be achieved from setting Cid to DK requirements in the Patcher, either.

I thought it'd make requirements met by default like mastered Knight/Black Mage. Guess I'll change job requirements to get lv.8 too then.

Talcall

if you're giving monsters human abilities, you need to re-balance their magic stat. it is absolutely a must.
end game, squids can deal 999 damage with nature's wrath, necessitating a 1 hit KO
    - A wise man"
       - Talcall

Windows X

Quote from: Portalenthusiast on September 15, 2020, 02:07:35 amif you're giving monsters human abilities, you need to re-balance their magic stat. it is absolutely a must.
end game, squids can deal 999 damage with nature's wrath, necessitating a 1 hit KO

I didn't do that. I gave Monster extra ability from first tier by default So every Behemoth can use Gigaflare without using Novice's skill to unlock it. Only tier 2-3 requires one.

I also made several adjustments like reducing damage output, buff Luso HP and give him Defender with innate Shell to halve Gigaflare damage.

Luso fight is still significantly harder but doable with two main strategies. You can either use Shell or burst DPS to quickly finish them.

Talcall

It isn't just the (rather unfair) difficulty of the Luso fight, it's the squid demons as well
their reaction ability, Nature's Wrath, is extremely overpowered. unless you OHKO them, your Unit is basically guarranteed to be OHKO'd themselves.
    - A wise man"
       - Talcall

lusciouspear

Quote from: Windows X on September 15, 2020, 07:48:33 pmI didn't do that. I gave Monster extra ability from first tier by default So every Behemoth can use Gigaflare without using Novice's skill to unlock it. Only tier 2-3 requires one.

Thanks for the tips, I will keep trying. I do think maybe 1-1 would help. Even with Shell, spongier units take 70-80 damage out of 110 HP so 2 hits will knock them out.

Windows X

Quote from: Portalenthusiast on September 15, 2020, 10:06:13 pmIt isn't just the (rather unfair) difficulty of the Luso fight, it's the squid demons as well
their reaction ability, Nature's Wrath, is extremely overpowered. unless you OHKO them, your Unit is basically guarranteed to be OHKO'd themselves.

Behemoth having Counter is useful by default so I didn't change it. As for Squid demon, you can use attack that doesn't trigger reaction ability like Godspeed Strike from Archer or Agrias' skill for example. Other skills like Iaido and magic shouldn't trigger it too.

Quote from: lusciouspear on September 16, 2020, 11:07:08 amThanks for the tips, I will keep trying. I do think maybe 1-1 would help. Even with Shell, spongier units take 70-80 damage out of 110 HP so 2 hits will knock them out.

It's group of Behemoth fight so this kind of difficulty will give a bit of challenge. I'm also considering about trying to make it easier too if it's too hard for most people.