• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:48:24 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Menu Screen

Started by Lijj, November 18, 2012, 05:51:29 am

Lijj

November 18, 2012, 05:51:29 am Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 06:51:35 pm by Lijj
I made this for the weekly challenge @ pixel joint.
But I thought I'd post it here too for kicks since it shows why I chose Mesarthim for the contest here.. because I like drawing/pixeling mermaids:
////////
  • Modding version: PSX

Celdia

So much grey...needs more classic FF blue background. :P I like it though.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Lijj

Ah yes, blues would be nice. This is composed of Pixel Joint's defuault bg color, fft's portrait bg color and the 6 Cyan shades required for the challenge. Thanks for the comment Celdia!

MiKeMiTchi

The diagonal shapes (fft bg color) kinda depicts a racing game which does not fit well with the mermaid, imo. Were the font hand-typed? Again, it doesn't fit well with the mermaid but it does fit well with the current background -- giving a modern\machine-based feel. I also suggest giving each stat a window on their own. One for unit number, name and job, level, and on for HP\MP. The equipment window looks fine, but it could be better if the second column is properly aligned (CAT and SUB). Or you could just add a window for it just to separate it from the other equipment.
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

Lijj

About the racing game thing... it cannot be unseen now :/ thanks :p... It's based on some messing around with |||| logos.
I was going for (or fantacizing of) a game like Ogre Battle but more all over the place in time yet a little more futuristic, with units of plenty sorts.

Yeah I did all the text in pixels copying and pasting when able.
About the CAT and SUB part I understand your concern, but I think separating it more might look busy; left alignment might be good though. It would become more obviously a separate listing when you'd be actually scrolling through items or weapons etc. as it would change or even disappear when no item would be being selected.