• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 03, 2024, 09:34:35 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Problem editing text fft 1.3

Started by wonderer, July 05, 2012, 11:15:49 pm

wonderer

Hi there!
I finished adding dk and HK in the vanilla version of fft. and it works perfectly!
Now I tried to do the same with the 1.3 version "insane dificoulty" I have already changed the sprites and the abilitys for DK and HK but I can't change the text. So my DK and HK apear with the name, bard or dancer. The FFTactext doesn't seem to work. does anyone know how to do it?

Sterling LaVaughn

Try this:

- Make changes
- Save file in .ffttext
- Close and reopen FFTacText
- Load the .ffttext file
- Patch the ISO

wonderer

nop, I have already tried that and didn't work. It seems that you can only patch the text once, because when I tried to change the texto for a second time in the normal version of FFT, it showed me the same mistake. the FFt1.3 patch, must have it texts already modificated by the maker, so I can't use the fftatex to do it

Sterling LaVaughn

Well that's not true, I've been patching the same ISO over and over again.

Aside from the saving and reloading thing, the other big problem is having too much text. How much are you adding?

Rfh

Remove all Kanji letters in the ISO.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: rfh

savantopus

Sterling's suggestion worked for me!! Had the same problem, was getting an error after patching ISO using FFTacText Editor THANKS!
  • Modding version: PSX
Every word man speaks is a plagiarism.