• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 08:57:14 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

How to Patch an ISO With a PPF File

Started by Eternal, December 08, 2012, 01:55:48 pm

runa08

Hi im using PSP FFT wotl. When i applied the patch to my Original FFT WOTL iso and start the game, the Shadow Skill is in japanese or chinese, when it casted. Where did i do wrong? Can someone help me, thankyou.
  • Modding version: WotL

darkskyx

October 03, 2022, 06:42:40 pm #41 Last Edit: June 21, 2023, 07:48:10 pm by darkskyx
Guys, do you know what causes a patch to be broken? I mean... With a message of "file corrupted" when you try to open it. The usual mistakes people commit.
Example: "Patching ppf files 2 times with two different hackmods will corrupt a file". Usual mistakes like that one. Someone that is trying my hackmod is asking for a fix, but it works fine for me. I'm not sure if it is their fault or mine.

Also, I had some weird issues with FFTPatcher while I was finishing my hackmod, while saving it broke my ISO and I finished with a file of 4GB instead 400MB once I applied ppf file. I don't know what I did wrong, but I think it failed because I opened other hackmod ISO (or savefile) and saved that patch into the my hackmod. Be careful while patching and always patch a clear ISO. I tought it was good to say this to let other people know it. Weird things can happen if you patch wrong an ISO. EDIT: It failed because I wasn't using a clear ISO, somehow I modified it.

I know maybe this is not something I should ask for here, but instead in Help section, but I also though this is a good topic for this because this is a weird issue that could happen, so I can warn others.

Quote from: runa08 on January 20, 2021, 10:39:29 pmHi im using PSP FFT wotl. When i applied the patch to my Original FFT WOTL iso and start the game, the Shadow Skill is in japanese or chinese, when it casted. Where did i do wrong? Can someone help me, thankyou.
If it's only 1 skill... You have to report it on the post that you've downloaded your (hackmod) patch, not here. Each project/patch is different.
  • Modding version: WotL

✪ Emergence 2 for PSP (EN/ES) - Play it now! ✪
A vanilla+ experience for PSP. Actual patch: 1.0+. More fixes in v1.1!
  • Discord username: darkskyx#9825

3lric

Quote from: darkskyx on October 03, 2022, 06:42:40 pmGuys, do you know what causes a patch to be broken? I mean... With a message of "file corrupted" when you try to open it.
Example: "Patching ppf files 2 times with two different hackmods will corrupt a file". Usual mistakes like that one. Someone that is trying my hackmod is asking for a fix, but it works fine for me.

Also, I had some weird issues with FFTPatcher while I was finishing my hackmod, while saving it broke my ISO and I finished with a file of 4GB instead 400MB once I applied ppf file. I don't know what I did wrong, but I think it failed because I opened other hackmod ISO (or savefile) and saved that patch into the my hackmod. I tought it was good to say this to let other people know it.
If it's only 1 skill... You have to report it on the post that you've downloaded your patch, not here. Each project/patch is different.

Why are you asking this in an existing topic that has nothing to do with your question? :/

Tell them not to put 2 ppf on the same image...
  • Modding version: PSX