• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:47:43 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Final Fantasy Tactics: Mercenaries (Main Info Thread)

Started by LastingDawn, May 24, 2008, 03:17:02 pm

Vanya

June 01, 2008, 07:55:20 pm #20 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
I would re-upload an improved version of the first scene periodically until you think it is perfected to your standards.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Archael

June 01, 2008, 09:34:48 pm #21 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "Vanya"I would re-upload an improved version of the first scene periodically until you think it is perfected to your standards.

eh upload the first one the best one the most perfect one!

I think LD is a pretty cool guy he makes great ideas and doesnt afraid of anything

McCracker1

June 02, 2008, 03:47:59 am #22 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by McCracker1
so I don't know if your taking suggestions on this but I'm working on a ronin sprite I figured you might want it(when it's complete) to replace samurai as it would fit your merc theme

LastingDawn

June 02, 2008, 01:18:05 pm #23 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Finally! Something to replace the overarmored people! Personally of all the sprites, I think they did a pretty poor job on the Samurai sprite, oh and of course I'm open to suggestin. There's no way I can do this alone, hehe. If anyone has a suggestion for this, place come forth and place it, nothing is set in stone as of now.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

McCracker1

June 02, 2008, 06:31:01 pm #24 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by McCracker1
Since I'm not working on much except the ronin sprite right now I figured I might help you brainstorm on some things for the patch. But I have to ask some questions first.
What jobs are you changing?
Are you changing all the skillsets?

LastingDawn

June 02, 2008, 09:21:28 pm #25 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
My wish is to at least alter all the generics skillsets, while all these classes get secret abilities to a point that might not be enough, they might need more to such. Odin is no longer available to Summoners and neither is "Rich", they should have two more moves, but I am unsure as to what...
Squires used by the enemy will not exist, since the Basic Skill set of their's is currently giving the Lancer's a home. Chemists have absolutely no changes and I am at a wall with them, if one has thoughts on them that would be wonderful. Archer is completely changed partially modeled after the FFTA archer with a wide array of moves, with varying strengths.
Knights are basically 1.3's Knights with a little bit added, no need for improvement there. The Monk's Chakra now costs MP and doesn't recover MP, also they have lost Revive. I'm wondering if replacements for those are really neccessary though... Priests, Wizard, Time Mage, Summoner, have nothing new added to them yet and only have a secret skill.

Thief has become Traveler as seen in the demo, They are mage thieves, Focusing on gil making, speed, self preservation, as well as a number of Mage Bane tricks, they're solid without being too good.  Mediator's roles have become changed, losing brave and faith adding and Invite one would think them useless, but they are anything but, in their places a few new skills were added. Invitation is now Revelry, the enemy and you both sing a song (in performing status) Until the "revelry" is broken. Defend! allows you to cast defend on one of your own units, doubling their evasion and protecting them from attacks. also their secret skill is something new and unseen before as well, their _Praise now adds PA +1 instead of Brave +4,  at the cost of MP, of course.

Oracle and Geomancer only said change is in their secret skills,  Lancer  on the otherhand has seen a complete facelift, They still have Jump but only 4 Panels as in FFTA, Their abilities range from powerful to random, their new strengths are not to be underestimated.

Samurai and Ninja unfortunately see no change except for the loss of two of their abilities for use by "Secret Skills" (cheap cop out, I know)

Calculator becomes Blue Mage, typical Blue Mage, aside from the choice of skills there's not much unique here, maybe a Magic Flying Sword, but that comes with the territory.

Bard becomes Red Mage only Rad has access to this class. Dancer's become....?  Ramza's last special class, which I am sorely asking for ideas! The idea we had, only worked for both guys not both, so it would need to be something unique to Ramza and NOT Heavenly Knight. Remember this Ramza is nothing but a Merecenary.

Art of War

McCracker1

June 02, 2008, 10:07:46 pm #26 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by McCracker1
well you could have gaff die and ramza would become the same as gaff but it would definatly be cooler if he became something all together new(I'll try to think of something). If you end up using my ronin sprite I have an Idea for a secret skill to go with the new merc based take on samurai.

LastingDawn

June 02, 2008, 10:23:20 pm #27 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
That's good news, Currently their Secret Skill is Masamune, which is quite a copout. Well about Gaffgarion dying... I can't say anything one way or another but the story is more or less prepared by now, all main events anyhow.

Art of War

LastingDawn

June 11, 2008, 11:33:20 pm #28 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Alright, I am at heads with what Ramza's final class should be, Rad's will be Red Mage, that much is finalized, but Rad is supposed to be the only one in Ivalice with access to Red Magic,  therefore Ramza can't also be that for his final class. I need an idea that is NOT Heavenly Knight, even if one throws the old arguments, this is certainly not the same Ramza as in the normal FFT. His stance is a bit more aggressive, nor is he AS compassionate, he'll still show mercy and the like, but he will lose a lot of his tender behavior. Therefore he is not as near alike as his father.

I also want to avoid the cliche of "gaining the Master's Class" which means he won't become a Dark Knight either. Something a bit more creative... which I... ahem... seem to be lacking for myself. Any ideas aside from those aforementioned will be given consideration.

Art of War

Kourama

June 13, 2008, 03:20:21 pm #29 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kourama
My best idea would be giving him the some sort of "Hero" title. He doesn't have to use swordskills but can improve "morale/stats" of allies during battle as well as keeping him with his basic abilities.

LastingDawn

June 13, 2008, 03:35:37 pm #30 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Ah, thank you for the idea, but I don't think I made myself clear enough... Ramza and Rad have two different ending clqasses, using  Dancer and Bard replacements of course. Rad's Red Mage replaces Bard and Ramza's Class replaces Dncer, these aren't the normal class changes given to Ramza but a special final class option.

Also this Ramza pretty much follows around Gafgarion the whole game, not exactly the cutting edge leader, he does get "Guard!" though. He doesn't get anything else new for his basic class. Therefore this final class, wouldn't really fit the leader prospect.

Art of War

Kourama

June 14, 2008, 08:34:03 am #31 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kourama
I understand now. Well the only thing I can think of is a title of Apprentice or something along those lines where he would be following in the footsteps of Gaffgarion as a Dark Knight. But you said you didn't want anything like that.

I'll try to see if I can come up with a good title for that position.

BeoulveBlack

June 20, 2008, 06:47:12 pm #32 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by BeoulveBlack
hey lastingdawn

how did you get the effect for [jump] onto the skill you conveniently called 'jump'? i wanna know so i can attach it to a skill called 'death plunge'

P.S.
i always wondered why chemists didn't throw items like the fire balls or explosive potions (small explosion at fort zekeden graphic), posioning herbs, etc.?

Vanya

June 20, 2008, 07:13:59 pm #33 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
We don't currently have a way to change the character animation that is used  in conjunction with a given skill. However, LastingDawn and I both found a monster skill that when a human use it, it uses the jump animation. It's Worker 8's Crush skill, but it isn't perfect.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

LastingDawn

June 20, 2008, 09:04:06 pm #34 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
It is indeed what the new Dragoon class relies on, I wanted a Dragoner-Lancer, with a bit of FFTA Dragoon and I have to say it worked very well. That Crush skill is a life saver! Without it, I would still be wrapping my head with trying to figure out a way to make units use jump without problems.

Art of War

LastingDawn

June 23, 2008, 09:24:50 pm #35 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
The second video is all but prepared!

And there's much, much more! Which Duke will triumph over the other? Why are King Delita and Ramza on the same team?! Why are Gafgarion and Ramza crossing blades with one another?! How are the two Dukes even alive with King Delita standing there?! What is that skill that Mustadio will invariably use offscreen!? Why is Sephiroth there?! Is he Friend or Foe?! Well only a few of these will be answered since this is only a demo battle video. It is set to release sometime late tonight, along with the savestate for PsxFin, hope to see you there!

Art of War

Cheetah

June 23, 2008, 09:57:16 pm #36 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
...Sweet! I have been pretty impressed by this project but this is looking really cool.

Are you still needing a Sephiroth portrait or any other graphics stuff?
Current Projects:

gojoe

June 23, 2008, 10:13:58 pm #37 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by gojoe
hmmm i wouldn't know what to call the class but why not give ramza the ability to equip a sword and a gun at the same time? maybe a skillset based using either of the weapons with either holy or dark element. call the skill set heaven or hell (of course the gun would have to be specialy modded ,got the idea from sword of the new world a game i played for about 5 mins) just don't make it a pirate class, hmm maybe call it dueling fates, a warrior who walks the void between heaven and hell.
I never learn from my mistakes.

LastingDawn

June 23, 2008, 10:24:19 pm #38 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Ah yes indeed. Thank you for the support Cheetah, a Sephiroth portrait is sorely needed. Also, Sephiroth is in reality a placeholder sprite for another sprite I've been working on, not with much success though.

This is supposed to be Rofokare, (nameless Time Mage in Yuguo, becomes a rather main character) though I had tried 100  different ways for the arms (I do not want the gauntlets, too obvious what the base is.) But as you can see I would like it to be a hooded sprite without gauntlets. Though the hood parts themselves look a little awkward, if you can fix those up a little it would be deeply appreciated. If you can think up a good portrait for her as well, that would be wonderful!

The gun/sword is a pretty interesting idea... but there would be little way to relegate that to only Ramza that would be a bit tricky.

Art of War

Bastard Poetry

June 23, 2008, 10:42:45 pm #39 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bastard Poetry
WOW, LastingDawn.. just.. WOW!

I never had a chance to swing over here and check out your project, but now that I finally have, I'm REALLY excited!

I can't wait to see where this all goes! If you need any help in the writing department, let me know. I've been keeping busy with the Chronicles, but I could always do some writing for you when I'm at work. (It gets pretty slow at night).
Final Fantasy Tactics - Thief SSCC:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL73FB72C01D917FD6&feature=viewall

(Fully recorded LP; successes, failures, and most things inbetween)