• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

FFTA Dispatch results crash

Started by wafev55477, January 27, 2023, 02:42:59 pm

wafev55477

Hi all, newbie here, sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. I'm looking for a workaround for a crash that's preventing me from continuing.

When the dispatch mission "Caravan Guard" completes and the jingle plays just before the results screen appears my game freezes. I'm using mGBA 0.9.3 with the USA version of the game. I had max clan money, infinite money and quick AP gain cheats activated but even resetting the game without the .cheats file still causes the same crash. Is there a way to edit my .sav to bypass this dispatch results screen or cancel it all together?

Again, sorry if this isn't the correct place. If anyone needs any more info or has any suggestions please let me know, thanks.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Leonarth

If you post your .sav file I'll try and take a swing at it.
I'll attempt to understand why it's crashing, but if everything else fails I can just cancel the dispatch for you.

wafev55477

Thanks very much. Hopefully the attached file is fine, it wouldn't allow me to post my .sav so I literally just changed the extension to .ffttext.

Leonarth

From what I've seen, you have managed to get some invalid item as a reward for the quest instead of the caravan musk. The game freezes trying to figure out its name.
You've seemingly also got some invalid law cards that crash the game if looked at.

I replaced the invalid item reward with the caravan musk and also removed all of the invalid law cards, but I'm unsure as to how much you could have corrupted this save file, so who knows if you'll run into more issues. The mission pool data did look a bit funky.

Given that you are only level 10, I'd recommend to just start over, but I attached your fixed save file regardless: dispatch_fix.zip

Either way, it was a cool experiment.

wafev55477

Appreciate the fix Leo, thanks. Not sure how I managed to acquire those bugged items.

I did use mission item cheats to unlock the semi-secret characters early as well as use both Taelia's and rrs_kai's missable items mods so perhaps this caused a conflict? I'll be more careful next time but should I use an unmodded game just to be safe?

Thanks again  :D

Leonarth

Well, if you already unlocked the secret characters then as long as you don't use the cheat codes there's not going to be any difference between playing vanilla vs the missable items mod, you can just stick to the moded version.

As for the bugged items, perhaps at some point you mistyped an address for a cheat code or something similar?
The clan and mission data is all concentreted in one area, so it's not that unlikely for this to happen.