• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 07:08:42 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Half-Assed Custom Maps

Started by dotchan, January 24, 2023, 03:54:37 pm

dotchan

January 24, 2023, 03:54:37 pm Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 10:32:22 am by dotchan
Now that Ganesha has so much more tools to play with, I've been messing about with it and for some of the maps I've reached a state where I'm willing to share the results.

First, from Chrono Trigger, a compressed version of one of the rooms in the Black Omen (I was going to include the entire chamber including the throne, but Ganesha lacks the tools to do that throne justice to my satisfaction and the whole thing wouldn't fit into the way I have things scaled. The beams of light are animated, and I added palette animations to the floor tiles to have it imitate running track lights.

MAP004.zip

Second, from Pokemon: Fire Red/Leaf Green, Professor Oak's lab. I added a palette animation on the weird tube thing, as well as animations on tube's control panel as well as the computer servers; It's not exact because I ended up finding the back wall a little bit too busy, so now the poor Prof is down one of his certifications.

MAP052.zip

CONMAN

Awesome! Thanks for sharing!  I have totally kicked around the idea of a chrono trigger mini mod!
  • Modding version: PSX

dotchan

New map: From Trials of Mana, the holy Temple of Wendel, except with the side lobbies removed because of GNS restrictions and also it ended up looking very ugly.
Will be putting the download in my thread in the forum.

MAP016.zip

Also finagled the CT map a little because I ended up not being 100% happy with how it looked.

MAP004.zip

dotchan

August 14, 2023, 02:27:44 pm #3 Last Edit: August 14, 2023, 05:41:11 pm by dotchan
Turns out I fucked up a whole bunch of things while trying to make my maps, including using the wrong map as the base (note to future self: avoid multi-state maps!), so I'm going through them all now to fix what's wrong with them.

At least I was able to actually test one via emulation, and it still looks pretty nifty even if I had to take a bunch of quads out of it to keep it within the map limit.