• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:55:04 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Final Fantasy Tactics A2: A Clan's Journey

Started by Zeke_Aileron, August 18, 2017, 03:58:48 am

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: 7ffta7 on December 17, 2022, 01:02:01 pmI've been trying to find the AP costs in the FFTA2AE.jar ability editor but a lot of the fields are "Unknown" and none seem to be for AP. Is there a different tool I can look at?

Thank you!

Sorry for the late response for this, to edit the AP costs for abilities you'll need to either Hex edit them manually via using the Spreadsheet for reference in a Hex Editor of your choice, or use DeSgeretjin's FFTA2 Text Editor under the Command List Editor which is much easier to use if doing stuff manually isn't your thing, and you'll also will need to know which Hex number to edit which is usually 2 digits, i'll include a AP Hex edit list i have attached to this post if you need that as well.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Zeke Aileron™#0606

7ffta7

Thank you so so much!! I'll play around with it! Very much appreciated!
  • Discord username: 7ffta7

7ffta7

Sorry for the trouble...

I'm trying to make all abilities instantly mastered upon equipping? Alternatively, can you set the ap costs to a cost lower than 100?

Much appreciated!!
  • Discord username: 7ffta7

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: 7ffta7 on January 22, 2023, 03:06:31 amSorry for the trouble...

I'm trying to make all abilities instantly mastered upon equipping? Alternatively, can you set the ap costs to a cost lower than 100?

Much appreciated!!

Abilities cannot be mastered automatically via just equipping said weapon/equipment since making the AP to learn an Ability set to 0 makes it unable to be learned by whatever job it's supposed to be taught to.

You can master a set amount of Primary Job and Secondary Job abilities to units that you can Recruit through Hex Editing their recruit values to have said abilities mastered, as well change what equipment recruit-able units come with.

Ffamran

Hello, I'm playing the mod and I must say it's really good until now.

I've a couple of questions now that I'm in  need to make a more "technical" team.

Firstly, is there a document with all the changes compared to vanila version? Tried to look better, but found only the main infos in this thread.

Second question, I just noticed that I can't use clockwork or illusion abilities as "secondary job abilities", is it related to the mod or I'm missing some info?

Thank you in advance for the help

Xerslash

Damn, I literally got stuck on the second main story quest just because this one rouge kept spamming Potions after his Critical:Quicken activates. I got so angry I was urged to create an account just to say it here. I agree with all the others, ALL of those Quicken GOTS TO GO bro. It's not fun, it doesn't warrant any strategy making since you just have to MAKE hella sure your last attack kills that rouge so his Quicken doesn't activate. And those Quicken after using items are also super broken. The tactics in Final Fantasy Tactics disappeared. Enemies should die when they were supposed to die.

If I had any knowledge on rom hacking I would probably spend my waking hours just to remove those to keep my sanity. But alas I have no power to do so. So yeah I just wanted to say my piece.

Great job on the hack though, all the additions and changes are hella nice, it's just those QUICKEN that's making the gameplay rough.

Bokhell9

What stats does luso's tactician ability use? Attack or magic? Is luso's tactician ability attack or magic oriented ?

1joshu5

I reached Illua fight 1 in the story quest and the game always crashes whenever Neukhia attacks/take action.. Does anybody know how to fix this?

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: Bokhell9 on October 17, 2023, 05:55:20 amWhat stats does luso's tactician ability use? Attack or magic? Is luso's tactician ability attack or magic oriented ?

Luso's Tactician job has both stat growths.

Quote from: 1joshu5 on November 12, 2023, 10:01:15 pmI reached Illua fight 1 in the story quest and the game always crashes whenever Neukhia attacks/take action.. Does anybody know how to fix this?

Are you playing the mod on mobile or a DS Emulator?

1joshu5

Quote from: Zeke_Aileron on November 14, 2023, 09:28:56 amAre you playing the mod on mobile or a DS Emulator?

Hello Zeke_Aileron! I'm playing on mobile using Lemuroid emulator

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: 1joshu5 on November 17, 2023, 08:33:02 pmHello Zeke_Aileron! I'm playing on mobile using Lemuroid emulator

The mod works fine on DS Emulators for PC, never tested it on any mobile device emulators and will probably never get around to doing so either since all of my testing and modding is done on PC.

Zefyris

Hi, first of all, I wanted to say this mod is what I always wanted on my favorite game, so thanks for making it a reality.

Now, I wanted to ask some quick questions:

1. Is there a reason that the level cap is 75 instead of the normal 99? If not, is there a method to change it back to its original 99? I feel like
 I have reached the level cap (75) really really fast playing this mod, like I reached it when I had like 180~ missions completed or so, without
 grinding on random battles at all... Just curious.

2. I noticed that when you attack with the "new" Edaroya Scriptures (not Luso's grimoire that uses its original sprite), it crashes my game if
 I use the auto-attack with Luso wielding the two of them. I don't know why, but I think it may be because the new Edaroya replaces the "present"
 kind of canyon that was scrapped in the base game, and because it was originally a ranged weapon, it crashes when Luso tries to double attack? I don't
 actually know, but it only happens with the new Edaroya. I'm normally using the Tome of Ending becuase of this crash and it works fine dual wielding with Luso's grimoire.

3. This is just my pure curiosity to know how you managed to implement the Hammer Knight class with the sprite of Lili of the Primma Donna fully
 functional. I remember playing the game as a kid with the Illua cheat, and she freezing the game whenever she auto-attacked or got the opportunity
 command. I think I read somewhere that that was caused because the lack of sprite for that type of attack/reaction or something about that lines.
 And then recently replaced some party members with, for example, Valentyne sprite, and it crashed the game like Illua. So, how did you do it? Like
 I said, this is plain curiosity because I love this game so so much.