• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:01:13 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

The Lion War of the Lions 1.02 - Bug Reports

Started by 3lric, September 18, 2022, 05:15:42 pm

3lric

September 18, 2022, 05:15:42 pm Last Edit: September 18, 2022, 10:47:42 pm by Elric
Please use this topic for any bug reports on TLWotL 1.02 going forward.

While its great to hear about the bugs on discord, it will get lost.
  • Modding version: PSX

FNCardascia

September 21, 2022, 07:17:58 pm #1 Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 10:33:35 am by FNCardascia
EDIT: Instead of potentially spamming the thread, I'll edit my post as I find things.

Hey there. Amazing job with TLW and TLWotL. Not in discord so no idea if this has been reported yet. Albeit minimal, the summoner's reaction ability isn't named.

There's a discrepancy in calendar dates on what's displayed on the world map vs what date is shown on the memory card file (different values based on fresh boot vs reload.) IE - World map shows Gemini 26, fresh boot shows Gemini A7 and the reload shows Gemini 11.

Ability description for Haste has information on Flare. Flare is fine, so seems like a duplicative entry

vyntharin

I did the first randeveous.  completed it with no deaths and nobody down at the end of the battle.  faith was 70 brave was 53.  unit was not on my team and not on my bench after i got back to game

3lric

Quote from: vyntharin on October 04, 2022, 08:15:06 amI did the first randeveous.  completed it with no deaths and nobody down at the end of the battle.  faith was 70 brave was 53.  unit was not on my team and not on my bench after i got back to game

These sounds like emulator issues

lDmonl

I'm getting an issue with the event in Dorter at Chapter 4, once the ambush start, Ramza and the thief are looking at each other and nothing else is happening. This is after Ramza says his line about first in a trap he crosses his arm and then nothing else happens but the music is continuing like nothing wrong is going on.

I'm using Duckstation for the emulator.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Nyzer

Quote from: lDmonl on October 14, 2022, 08:18:08 pmI'm getting an issue with the event in Dorter at Chapter 4, once the ambush start, Ramza and the thief are looking at each other and nothing else is happening. This is after Ramza says his line about first in a trap he crosses his arm and then nothing else happens but the music is continuing like nothing wrong is going on.

I'm using Duckstation for the emulator.

Thanks for the report. It helped confirm that this wasn't just some one-off weird save file issue. I did some digging, and this is is likely an issue because your Ramza has a name that is less than five letters long.

When the dialogue boxes auto-close, it's after waiting for a space bar to be printed, giving players time to actually finish reading the dialogue. However, printing it makes an audible text printing sound as it closes. I tried to get clever and wait for the dialogue to ALMOST finish printing, then mute the text printing sound.

So I put a check on the variable that reports how many letters have been printed, and waits for it to reach the very end of the dialogue.

Then I tested it... with Ramza named Ramza. 45 letters of dialogue.

If Ramza's name is four letters long, the game sees 44 letters printed. And then it just keeps waiting.

The best short term fix I can think of, if you don't know how to edit/replace events with the Resources build, would be to use a save file editor (or maybe some kind of gameshark code?) to change Ramza's name for this one battle.

If you're comfortable with uploading your memory card file and can mention which slot your Balthier save is, I can also just toss in some half-spaces and send it back - it'll look normal in most cases, except maybe when a character actually says Ramza's name out loud.

Ramza108

I'm not sure if this has been reported yet for Lion War hack but when you bench characters (very cool feature btw) or monsters that are in the main party menu screen it changes their names back to their original whatever it was when you un=bench them.  This is fine for monsters but characters that you acquired and named in the soldier barracks are permanently affected by this.  It'd be cool to have a feature where you could just rename these characters???   I'm sure this Could be a problem for unique npcs if this were implemented as cutscene scripts are already designated a finite amount of space from what I understand. 

I have an idea.  It's probably logistically impossible to implement but a headquarters function where you can store monsters, rename non-unique characters, storing equipment or simply trading stuff out as needed.  Lol I don't have any idea how this could be remotely feasible but damn it'd be cool. 

3lric

This wont be implimented. The names is a limitation of the bench hack and not related to TLW

Nyzer

I'm pretty sure there's an ASM hack that allows you to rename your human units at the Soldier Office anyway.

Ramza108

Quote from: Nyzer on October 19, 2022, 10:04:33 amI'm pretty sure there's an ASM hack that allows you to rename your human units at the Soldier Office anyway.

You'll have to forgive me as I have no idea what that means.  Is ASM a means to implement piecemeal hacks without having to start over from scratch?  I am noob lol but I'd like to learn more.  You guys are clearly wizards at understanding and manipulating the systems behind what makes Final Fantasy Tactics run.   

FNCardascia

Quote from: Ramza108 on October 20, 2022, 03:06:46 amYou'll have to forgive me as I have no idea what that means.  Is ASM a means to implement piecemeal hacks without having to start over from scratch?  I am noob lol but I'd like to learn more.  You guys are clearly wizards at understanding and manipulating the systems behind what makes Final Fantasy Tactics run. 

I'm sure directions are around here if you dig around enough for it. But download and extract: https://github.com/Glain/FFTPatcher/releases/download/v0.494.2/FFTPatcher_494.rar

Run fftorgasm and search for the name of the asm hack at the top. 'rename' will bring back the specific hack. Toggle on then apply on top of your patched file

Gregory

Freezes on the black screen after the scene of Delita killing Chancelor Glevanne. Tried it a few times and same issue occurs.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

3lric

Quote from: Gregory on October 23, 2022, 01:53:22 pmFreezes on the black screen after the scene of Delita killing Chancelor Glevanne. Tried it a few times and same issue occurs.

Nope.avi. Thats your emulator.

Gregory

Nyzer

Yeah, it's either that or you've done extra things with your ISO.

FNCardascia

October 25, 2022, 05:15:49 am #15 Last Edit: October 25, 2022, 09:39:31 pm by Elric
Quote from: Gregory on October 24, 2022, 07:36:15 pmAh, figures haha. Good to know. Thank you!

yeaaaaah duckstation does NOT like that segment. If you're playing the game without any other mods/hacks, you can mash x/o while the screen is black. you'll eventually get through it

3lric

Quote from: FNCardascia on October 25, 2022, 05:15:49 amyeaaaaah duckstation does NOT like that segment. If you're playing the game without any other mods/hacks, you can mash x/o while the screen is black. you'll eventually get through it

Works fine on duckstation. Its your setup

Gregory

Gotta hop over to Duckstation. Wasn't even aware of it. Thanks! I tried again on a different emu and it crashed again. To Nyzer's point I've added in the WotL movies (which only worked on the intro anyway) so that could also be causing the issue.

3lric

Quote from: Gregory on October 29, 2022, 08:35:50 pmGotta hop over to Duckstation. Wasn't even aware of it. Thanks! I tried again on a different emu and it crashed again. To Nyzer's point I've added in the WotL movies (which only worked on the intro anyway) so that could also be causing the issue.

The movies would have no effect. When i do bugtesting I use them as well.

800m

Thief's Reaction ability "Sticky Fingers" has the wrong description. Says "Evade non-ranged physical attacks." Perhaps this is the description for Vanish? I did I cursory search on here, from what I can tell this isn't a Wotl change? Apologies if I'm wrong, old PSX player playing through TLWotl blind.