• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Inquisitor Class Discussion (Rad/Ramza Skillset Update!)

Started by LastingDawn, February 12, 2009, 07:17:18 pm

CidIII

February 18, 2009, 05:13:26 pm #60 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by CidIII
A Telekinesist kind of sounds cool, especially if it had a kick ass sprite.

My idea:

Super Monk -

Repeating Fist - targets every enemy on the field and does 999 damage, and fully heals all allies.
I refuse to play Final Fantasy Tactics again until I am able to do my FF6 patch! And, FFT 1.3 doesn't technically count as FFT: so there!

boomkick

February 18, 2009, 09:35:51 pm #61 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
OMFGWTFROFLLOLBBQ-broken idea

Its up to LD anyways, im not 100% sure what hes up to, but i think it'll be good.

LastingDawn

February 19, 2009, 02:32:31 pm #62 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
I'm sorry I've been away lately, I just recently discovered a game called Baroque that is just... wow. Some say it's a Roguetype, so I think Asmo might know what I'm talking about.

Hmm... both Voldemort and Zodiac bring up quite a varied set, but...

Quote1) Mana Burn: Ranged Bolt of Negative Energy burns X% of target's MP (the original idea of this spell deals 50% of the mana burned as HP damage, but I don't know if that's possible.) Evadeable

Probably a bit of range on this one, considering that a lot of the physical class has something similar (though not to the X% though) I wonder if it might be possible to inverse Chakra's (now defunct) formula to damage MP and HP...

Quote2) Paralyshock: Ranged Dispels every positive effect on the target, instant cast (original idea adds: Slow as well but might not be possible)

Hmm, name seems a bit... misleading, Ranged Dispel though on a single target instantly cast is a very powerful move, but it makes sense, as to the purpose of the class of course. t would need a bit of an MP Cost

Quote3) Head Cracker: Physical strike that is evadeable and MA+X% chance to try to Addle the target.

Very nice! I like this move all around, good thinking.

Quote4) Mirror Stance: Instant Self-Innocent status that lasts a very short time. (15 CT? less?). Anti-Magic Stance basically. Lets him reach spellcasters with impunity.

Interesting... but wouldn't Reflect work better for this (it is called "mirror stance" after all) Not to mention the whole of the Invoker's spellbook doesn't rely on Faith. I feel Reflect might work best for this. Given that Reflect hasn't been given to any classes as of yet, I think it best to fit what this class will become.

Quote5) Magic Ball: 3 panel range, evadeable, magical projectile temporarily lowers the target's MA by X%. Useful for someone who is charging a spell and is out of reach, so that the resulting spell will be weakened.

We need to wait for Razele on news on those statuses (unless he finished them while I was away?)

Quote6) Secret Skill: Renew - Melee Range Instant Cast Heals 50% of Ally's MP. Cannot Target Self. Costs alot of MP.

I like it, it's a skill I had in mind, but never found room to implement.  Might need a different name though... not sure of what though.

QuoteReaction: Magical Mockery - Counters spells (and spells only) with Infuriate, Berserks the attacking unit. Basically, this needs a rename. The idea is that it taunts a spellcaster making them believe their magic isn't powerful enough to cause significant damage, and the taunt Berserks them into trying to come attack in melee range.

I love this idea! It's so well thought out! But now the question is... how can it be done? We'll need to talk to one of the ASMer's about it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

QuoteGrab Weapon (20MP;3 Range;1 AoE)
Attempts to steal the enemy's weapon for afar.
Steal(MA+25)%

Hmm... I do have Weapon Break as "Rust Weapon" currently, but this sounds much more like a Traveler's skill *Rust Weapoin is now known as "Shine Weapon", from a distance away the traveler's eyes glow a strange bright light, disorienting the opponent and removing the equipped weapon in his hand.* Great idea Zodiac!

QuoteBarrier Break (12MP;4 Range;2 AoE;1 Vertical)
Send a magical shockwave that disable barriers.
Cancel: Protect, Shell, Reflect
Hit_F(180+MA)%
A nice name, good range, single target, seems pretty good, but will it see much use? I think Paralyshock might still be the best option for this sort of move.

QuoteMagic Ball (8MP;5 Range;1 AoE;Direct)
Instantly shoots a magical ball made of air towards the target. Deals wind damage.
Dmg_F(MA*13)

Wind is a rare element... I'll consider it. the numbers are a bit... odd, but we can fix that later.

QuoteLift (5MP;Auto;1 AoE)
Use telekinesis on self to instantly rise in the sky.
Add: Float
Hit(100)%

Float is more then likely a status going to be replaced. If it does stay though, so will this.

QuoteRestore Coordination (16MP;3 Range;2 AoE;2 Vertical)
Heals from movement restricting statuses.
Cancel: Don't move, Don't act, Stop
Hit_F(160+MA)%

Include Addle and Confusion in there and it sounds like it's name is right. It's MP might need to be a bit increased for that though.
--------------------------------------------

All of these ideas are great, but I think I will be sticking with the Mage-Slayer concept. Though I think Zodiac's Magic Ball ability, should be used if we can't get a proper status to the %'s for the statuses. Restore Coordination is an interesting move, since the only other thing that cures those statuses absolutely are Freedom Runes. If Float stays, so will the ability left. That Reaction is certainly making it in. This will about fill in the 8 required ability slots. Thanks for your input fellows! Very well thought out ideas. But no, the class will not be called "Rapist" as Voldemort has insinuated, heh...
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

LastingDawn

February 19, 2009, 02:36:17 pm #63 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Quote from: "psp master"My judge is pretty great, I think

So great... I deleted the post. Putting "Galaxy" in front of everything is hardly the way to go about things, nor could anything with 1 move or jump do anything.

Art of War

Archael

February 19, 2009, 03:29:36 pm #64 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "LastingDawn"
Quote from: "psp master"My judge is pretty great, I think

So great... I deleted the post.

loooool

Xifanie

February 19, 2009, 06:19:11 pm #65 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
LD is on a carnage! MONSTER KILL.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

LastingDawn

February 19, 2009, 11:17:22 pm #67 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Given Dissenter means the exact same thing as Heretic (just prettied up a bit), I don't think that name will work

Art of War

Archael

February 20, 2009, 12:42:37 am #68 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
you know

DOTA's Mageslayer's final skill is a Teleportation move

for catching soft targets who are running away

so, giving him some telekinesis skills wouldnt be completely off

just take what you think fits to make a good skillset

IMO the skillset is the most important thing, with the source job having the stats that reflect it's abilities...

and, yes.

LastingDawn

February 20, 2009, 08:21:36 am #69 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
What is DOTA Voldemort? It sounds so vaguely familiar but I can't put a finger on what it means...

Let's see... a name, a name...

Inquisitors, Heretic Hunting Magi's Bane.

A radical group dedicated to weeding out all Magicians from the world. Even those that claim to take their power from God. A radical group who will stop at nothing to dismantle magic, from it's base. Mostly a relic from the past, but the unique skills of these emboldened men are well recorded. Those who possess these skills are often called "Inquisitors". An archaic term, far different from the Pagan Examiner of this day and age. Regardless the namesake Inquisitor has been applied to those who know these skills.
----------------------------

Mana Strip - A cruel ability which takes the magical energy from another and searing their skin in the process. (Will need a custom formula, until then, is just a Mana X% move)

Tear Away - With vehement curses on their lips, the Inquisitor tears away any magical benefits on a target.

Head Cracker - What better way to deal with a demon invoker, then to apply a well aimed blow at their temple, making them forgot their abilities?

Mirror Stance - The reason the Inquisitor's exist in this day and age, the Mirror Stance is a unique method of shielding which turns magic away from them.

God's Orb - Some would say that the latter school of the Inquistor's caused their end, this is such a product of that time. Calling forth an ancient incantation, using "God's Blessing" to fight back against Magi from a range.

Steady Feet - A series of encouragements cause allies and themselves to break free of freedom restraining effects.

Slice Magic Vein - Seeing the flow of magic into their opposers body, they cut the invisible flow which Magi derive their powers from. (Will need a custom status)
Reactions:------------------------------------------------

Magical Mockery:Counters spells (and spells only) with Infuriate, Berserks the attacking unit. Basically, this needs a rename. The idea is that it taunts a spellcaster making them believe their magic isn't powerful enough to cause significant damage, and the taunt Berserks them into trying to come attack in melee range.

Secret Skill:----------------

Blissful Indulgence - The ultimate skill of the Inquisitor, a product of the latter schools. This ripped mana from the air, and filled an ally of the Inquisitor's. Because of it's contradictory nature to their beliefs, this skill was forbidden, but it was retained in the mind of a few practicing Inquisitors.

Sorry I didn't have time to finish this, off to work.

Art of War

tithin

February 20, 2009, 08:58:58 am #70 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by tithin
Quote from: "LastingDawn"What is DOTA Voldemort? It sounds so vaguely familiar but I can't put a finger on what it means...

http://www.dota-allstars.com/

QuoteLet's see... a name, a name...

Inquisitors, Heretic Hunting Magi's Bane.

A radical group dedicated to weeding out all Magicians from the world. Even those that claim to take their power from St. Ajora. A radical group who will stop at nothing to dismantle magic, from it's base. Mostly a relic from the past, but the unique skills of these emboldened men are well recorded. Those who possess these skills are often called "Inquisitors". An archaic term, far different from the Pagan Examiner of this day and age. Regardless the namesake Inquisitor has been applied to those who know these skills.
----------------------------

Mana Strip - A cruel ability which takes the magical energy from another and searing their skin in the process. (Will need a custom formula, until then, is just a Mana X% move)

Tear Away - With vehement curses on their lips, the Inquisitor tears away any magical benefits on a target.

Head Cracker - What better way to deal with a demon invoker, then to apply a well aimed blow at their temple, making them forgot their abilities?

Mirror Stance - The reason the Inquisitor's exist in this day and age, the Mirror Stance is a unique method of shielding which turns magic away from them.

St. Ajora's Orb - Some would say that the latter school of the Inquistor's caused their end, this is such a product of that time. Calling forth an ancient incantation, using "St. Ajora's Blessing" to fight back against Magi from a range.

Steady Feet - A series of encouragements cause allies and themselves to break free of freedom restraining effects.

Slice Magic Vein - Seeing the flow of magic into their opposers body, they cut the invisible flow which Magi derive their powers from. (Will need a custom status)
Reactions:------------------------------------------------

Magical Mockery:Counters spells (and spells only) with Infuriate, Berserks the attacking unit. Basically, this needs a rename. The idea is that it taunts a spellcaster making them believe their magic isn't powerful enough to cause significant damage, and the taunt Berserks them into trying to come attack in melee range.

Secret Skill:----------------

Blissful Indulgence - The ultimate skill of the Inquisitor, a product of the latter schools. This ripped mana from the air, and filled an ally of the Inquisitor's. Because of it's contradictory nature to their beliefs, this skill was forbidden, but it was retained in the mind of a few practicing Inquisitors.

Sorry I didn't have time to finish this, off to work.

Great!
14:45  @SilentB         ò "Hey, Cosgrove, how come you never married?"
14:45  @SilentB         ò "Because I eat too much meat."
14:46  @Celdia          ò Heresy. No such thing as 'too much meat'
14:47  @Celdia          ò One night with tithin would teach you that.

boomkick

February 20, 2009, 10:40:04 am #71 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
Feedback- Only targets those who are charging. Their concentration  is interrupted, and the power is returned to him/her, harmfully. (Summary- Damage (PA based) and cancels Charging.)

Ethereal Slash- Does no physical damage, instead it ruins the spellcaster's MA. (-3 MA). It is evadable and have a 70% chance, melee range.

Resist Magic- Through training they have learned to apply themselves to resist magic (adds Shell).

Judgement- Deals excess damage to those who decide to publicly reveal they are mages. Death Sentence is applied.

PX_Timefordeath

February 20, 2009, 06:29:51 pm #72 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by PX_Timefordeath
Maybe this might belong in a ASM post, but how about a support ability called Feedback, where 10% of the physical damage goes to mana, but the unit takes 25% more physical damage?

dwib

February 20, 2009, 06:54:00 pm #73 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by dwib
Quote from: "boomkick"Feedback- Only targets those who are charging. Their concentration  is interrupted, and the power is returned to him/her, harmfully. (Summary- Damage (PA based) and cancels Charging.)

Ethereal Slash- Does no physical damage, instead it ruins the spellcaster's MA. (-3 MA). It is evadable and have a 70% chance, melee range.

Resist Magic- Through training they have learned to apply themselves to resist magic (adds Shell).

Judgement- Deals excess damage to those who decide to publicly reveal they are mages. Death Sentence is applied.
cancel charging is already taken care of by arbalist. The others are pretty much the same as existing abilities in vanilla.

I like PX's idea, although the 25% damage increase doesn't sound so great

LastingDawn

February 20, 2009, 08:10:14 pm #74 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
25% of Mana recovered from a physical attack alone would be well worth the support ability, I will definitely consider this.

The other's though...  The abilities are already taken care of in other facets, I want to try to avoid repetition in Mercenaries. (Probably Warder will have Shell and Protect as two of their own skills)

Also... I originally put G-O-D, but the censors made it St. Ajora... hmm, still seems to fit the case though.

Art of War

PX_Timefordeath

February 21, 2009, 01:29:53 am #75 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by PX_Timefordeath
Gotta love Zodiac and his word filters... darth-paul is now dp and dog backwards is now St. Ajora... it's the rules

TheFatLazyBerserker

September 12, 2009, 07:11:51 am #76 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by TheFatLazyBerserker
Back on the topic of new classes, I decided I'd shoehorn this back in for my first post since I have yet (Granted I haven't taken the time to read through every post of every topic yet) seen a similar outlook:

Berserkers.

God I can hear the rear ends tightening just thinking about it, but they were always something I enjoyed playing in the Final Fantasy games (If you couldn't tell by the name) and I thought that the fact that we aren't treated to a bear sark in FFT was a little disappointing. Now admittedly I'm not good with formulae, but reading about this patch in particular while scouring the internet for game hacks that actually seemed to have depth and content, I've come up with the following.

Berserker,
Those who have given in to the primitive urges and thrive within the wilderness by harnessing the destructive force of anger.

Action Abilities

Terrifying Strike: A strike accompanied by the most bestial war-cry the Berserker can muster. Decent physical damage (based on weapon, along with accuracy and reach), but lowers the bravery of the target by a small amount.

Ritual of Blood: Those who understand their superiority in combat choose to show it by purposefully inflicting wounds upon themselves to cow would-be attackers. Does a small amount of damage to the user, but also increases physical attack, and (I'm really not sure if you can stack things like this) would cause everyone in a range of 1 or 2 to lose a small bit of bravery.

Reckless Abandon: By losing all sense of self preservation in the heat of battle, the Berserker strikes more ferociously. An attack with increased damage but a penalty to defense (Or maybe a small bit of damage to themselves to show the lack of concern about wounds, once again I'm not a code person).

Furious Release: The Berserkers bear their name from the fits of rage that they enter in combat. This skill allows the warriors to unleash such anger and prepare to fight with renewed vitality. Self-targeting berserk status, thought about a tiny HP recovery to show a "second wind" but it might be a bit much for the power. Trying not to let what I think would be neat overwhelm the game balance.

Reaction Abilities

Hardened Hide: Facing the roughest the world has to throw at them, Berserkers thrive in conditions that others find terrible, wrestling with monsters and competitive scavengers. This fighting and survival has granted them the ability to take blows with astounding ease. A reaction for close range (One panel) attacks, I had two ideas with this one, both of which come with a very small chance of actually working. The first was to lessen the attacker's attack power a minute amount, and the other was a chance of breaking the weapon all together. Granted these both sound powerful, but by taking full damage and maybe making this a Berserk-only ability like those described below, it at least seems fairly balanced in my biased opinion.

Support Abilities

Endless Fury: There are those who wish to indulge their blood lust as often as possible, and who rarely leave the savage state of mind that their ilk are known for. Automatic Berserk that cannot be dispelled. Fairly useless but it's more there for the history of job-based Berserkerdom.

Stalwart Defense: Shrugging off damage or at least ignoring its effects until the battle ends and the rage subsides is another hallmark of these great fighters, and this ability embodies that same steadfastness in the face of brutal combat. Honestly for this one I was thinking of a renamed Defense Up, or maybe an improved version that only goes into effect if the character is Berserk to better fit the description.

Boiling Blood: Logic is ignored when one is immersed in the brutal beauty of the Berserker's rage, for when the blood pounds in their ears and they feel the red hot blood running through them they know only the current moment, the enemy they face now and the fact that they have only one goal: To kill. Like Stalwart Defense, an Attack Up clone or improvement that would only be in effect when the character is Berserk.

Movement Abilities

None.

I know this will probably come under some harsh criticism, and I welcome that seeing as I'd like to actually take a bit of time to look into things further and come up with other classes that seem good to me and help balance them into a playable archetype. He's not perfect, but he's my baby. Also, obviously, zero MP growth with appropriate charge times for the action skills or incredibly low MP growth for MP requirements. Just a little something different.

MiKeMiTchi

September 12, 2009, 07:19:36 am #77 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MiKeMiTchi
Hmmm.. I don't know much about formulas, but I know that there's no need for an additional class for mercenaries. Maybe for enemy-only class?

Sorry. Please understand,
coz' that also happened somehow to me.
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

TheFatLazyBerserker

September 12, 2009, 07:33:08 am #78 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by TheFatLazyBerserker
I'd be perfectly happy with that, wasn't sure it was closed for class suggestions or I would have just sat on it.

Asmo X

September 12, 2009, 08:27:17 am #79 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
None of that sounds possible anyway