• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 11:06:08 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

New Chinese Valentine's Sprite Contest!!

Started by Vanya, January 29, 2010, 02:42:04 pm

jimmyjw88

Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Tonb3rry

@Vampdragonlord - yeah, I gotta admit; I only dropped shade of orange and it did wonders to fix the color- she's still a bit bright for your average FFT sprite, but no brighter than the behemoth I guess. Good suggestion though, she looks a lot better.

Alrighty, dropped the colors down to 16 exactly (tough to do without losing the integrity of the original image, but hey, I like a challenge)

Went with the tiger theme all around, dropped the 14 different shades of black in favor of 5 o.o and decided to drop the pink and gold as well (silver bracelets/belt using the wings)

Unfortunatley, due to the tiger stripe pattern continuing on the face, I lost the eyes, so she gets the stereotypical cop-out "glowing demon eyes"; ah well.

mav

Hah, good stuff! That heart is freakin' intense. Good job, Ton.

I foresee some very interesting sprites being submitted for this contest. I can't wait.

VampragonLord

i was really just telling him to drop it to the color limit (since its a FFT competition, not a spriting in general competition)
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

Vanya

Colors are still a bit too bright for FFT style, but much better anyway.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Tonb3rry

@VampragonLord - Don't worry, I was genuinely thanking you for your input, she looks a lot better now. I dropped the color tone a little more to a bit of a dusty orange, and you're right, it makes a world of difference (I put her on a FFT map to color test and I was appalled at how insanely bright the colors were)

@mav - You like the heart? It turned out a lot better than I had expected. It stands out a little more on the original version (yellow fur) but it looks better on the black fur, I think.

jimmyjw88

February 04, 2010, 03:20:17 am #26 Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 04:20:36 am by jimmyjw88
Alright, my first submission.

Crazy CNY Valentine Dinner =.="

Balmafula + Shrine Knight (Wiegraf Ch.2/3) + Female Mediator + Dancer + Custom

ENJOY!!
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Tonb3rry

Oh wow, that's great! I love the cocktail - chinese dress, very flashy.

mav

Vanya

Hey now! That could be a great base for a revamped Dancer sprite! ^_^
¯\(°_0)/¯

Kagebunji

Nice sprites guys. I kinda dunno what theme is fitting for CNY, all I can do is sumthin for valentine, nothing more :/

Vanya

Research! Research!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_New_Year
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentine%27s_Day

I suggest starting with one theme and then adapting it to the other. For example, you could do a guy in one of those dragon suits and then give him Valentine colors and accessories. Or the other way around; make a cupid lookin' character and then put him in a kung-fu suit.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Kagebunji

Okay I get it :) one question though, what zodiac symbols chinese have?

jimmyjw88

I'm going to work another sprite but that'll probably be my final submissions as no time to sprite soon.

And thanks, Px ^^

@Kage ~ The Zodiacs are Rat, Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Sheep, Monkey,Rooster, Dog, Pig.

Kagebunji

Thanks Jimmy, I have an idea now :) This will be mix between Valentine and Chinese Zodiac.

Vanya

¯\(°_0)/¯

Kokojo

Alright, my first submission.

Altima's bad Valentine day.

Altima (second form) + Alma + Custom

I don't expect to win :P

Altima + Altima(Dumped)

According to tales and legends, the beginning of Chinese New Year started with the fight against a mythical beast called the Nien (Chinese: 年; pinyin: nián). Nien would come on the first day of New Year to devour livestock, crops, and even villagers, especially children.
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

mav

Vanya

Ultima, the Corrupt wearing Alma's skirt is kinda fucked up.
I like it. ^_^
No Chinese-ness, though?
¯\(°_0)/¯