• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Sprite Project! Bikke the Pirate!

Started by LastingDawn, November 07, 2009, 03:54:24 pm

mav

December 11, 2009, 11:46:49 am #140 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
Hmm...how challenging would it be to get those arms and collar onto the sprite that Aquablack posted earlier?

Kagebunji

December 11, 2009, 11:52:49 am #141 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kagebunji
Nice thinking Mav, it shouldn't be hard, but find someone who will do it :/
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

LastingDawn

Perhaps we should reverse gears a little... Jon completed a Fantastic concept for a Cannoneer which, in my opinion, does not look too far from a pirate. Would it be possible for one of our spriters (or mayhaps Jon himself?) to modify that sprite and make it look more as to the planned Bikke? I think it would make the work a lot less painless.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Bloodthirster0

something like that?

not final version,just lazy to make a definitive version atm
Need something useful to write here

LastingDawn

Something in that line, yes. With of course a skull and crossbones on that hat, heh.

Art of War

Kagebunji

IMO his colors should be a mix between black and red + those whites for crossbones and outlines. And also, he should have a coat, like that Canooner.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

LastingDawn

Yes, I really like that Cannoneer coat, personally. Though in all of his art (which is really just a sprite) his clothes are shown as blue shirt and black pants.

Art of War

Bloodthirster0

here a more developed version,I though about the canoneer coat,but I think if we add it,he will look alike the canoneer.

red?I though a mix of black and white.btw,Im having problems with the beard and the skull

mav

Very nice! And I agree that if we're gonna use the Cannoneer coat and hat, we might as well just throw a beard on the Cannoneer and call this complete. Anyways, getting the skull on this hat is going to be a huge challenge, so just hold off for a while. And Jon's still tweaking the shading on his Cannoneer anyways, so you may want to wait a while before using that hat. As for the beard...the main issue is the colors--having a dark coat and a dark beard will lead to some very strange looking results. I suggest taking Dycedarg's beard, replacing the coat and hat color with something blue (female Samurai may suffice), and using the brown from boots to color in the beard.

LastingDawn

Mav has the right idea. The Cannoneer cape looks close to a Pirate Captain's outfit, while the normal pirates can work as just normal sprited thieves (as they no longer exist in the game). With perhaps... a unique palette.

Art of War

Bloodthirster0

maybe we can complete both warjilis sailors,they fit well as pirates

LastingDawn

The problem is "complete" it seems people sprite for a while, and then grow sick of it, leaving piles upon piles of abandoned projects in their wake. I think I should stop relying on unique sprites and use modifications of existing sprites.  Since it seems that people really only have the patience for slightly modified sprites.

Art of War

mav

I agree--it's taking quite a while for custom sprites to be completed. We don't necessarily need to take them off the table, but I suppose they're not worth relying on. If the Warjilis sailors get completed, we should definitely utilize 'em. In the meantime, we can make do with what we have.

LastingDawn

Precisely, make do with what is available. It seems a rather simple guide to follow, hehe.

Art of War

jimmyjw88

I'm so so sorry for dissappointing you, Sir LD. I'll complete the sprites ASAP.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Bloodthirster0

Down to 16 colors + mav suggestion + beard

just missing the skull

jimmyjw88

Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

LastingDawn

That doesn't look bad at all, we might not need the Cannoneer's coat at that rate. Also Jimmy it's not your fault, sometimes people just don't have the energy to finish something at the current time.

Art of War

jimmyjw88

Well, I'm back continuing the sprites when I saw that you're dissappointed with all those half-hanging sprites. I will finish them ASAP.
Sorry for letting you down, Sir LD. I'll post some updates on Scholar soon.

mav

The skull looks a little too big, if you ask me. Though I don't know whether making the skull smaller will work...