• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Is it weird?

Started by Marche, December 19, 2016, 07:45:58 am

Marche

Is it weird that I come to this site even though I haven't even finished FFT? Well I finished FFTA but that's about it. Any tips on how to make myself finish FFT? I tried and failed after reaching the death of the main character's best friend's sister.

3lric

1) Insert FFT into PSX (or emulator)
2) Play FFT until the credits roll
3) Profit
  • Modding version: PSX

Xifanie

Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Angel

Well, that's further than I made it into FFTA, so I guess that makes us even.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Xifanie

IIRC I gave up on FFTA the first time the judge showed up.
I still couldn't bring myself to try it again even after a patch to make him useless was made.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

Marche

@Xifanie I finished it when I was a kid. It got me to playing strategy rpgs in general. Introduced me to Advanced Wars and Fire Emblem and then Disgaea so I don't regret playing it.

@Angel Well then if I finish FFT then I win I guess? Haha

Xifanie

Man, I finished FFT when I was 11-12yo... I was so old. Well, can't help it, the game had already been released for 1 whole year in English.

You know what game is childlike, engaging, silly, entertaining, fun? Brave Fencer Musashi. I wish FFTA was more like that. :/

Quote from: Marche on December 19, 2016, 12:13:18 pm
@Angel Well then if I finish FFT then I win I guess? Haha

Nah, she has me as her wife; you can't win. Yeah I'm putting words in her mouth but she's only said it a million times herself. :v

Marche

Quote from: Xifanie on December 19, 2016, 12:28:17 pm
Man, I finished FFT when I was 11-12yo... I was so old. Well, can't help it, the game had already been released for 1 whole year in English.

You know what game is childlike, engaging, silly, entertaining, fun? Brave Fencer Musashi. I wish FFTA was more like that. :/
Nah, she has me as her wife; you can't win. Yeah I'm putting words in her mouth but she's only said it a million times herself. :v

Haven't heard of that game before. I'll look into it you got me curious haha

KingUrameshi

Brave Fencer Mushashi (PS1) is the SHIT. :cool: The second one (PS2) looked like crap.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You have allies... Friends that would risk their lives, and I am one of them.

Xifanie

Quote from: KingUrameshi on December 20, 2016, 08:12:50 am
Brave Fencer Mushashi (PS1) is the SHIT. :cool: The second one (PS2) looked like crap.

Being a huge BFM fan, I'm surprised I've never heard of that second game. It must be really bad.

Edit: The voice acting... the graphics... the gameplay... the camera... Musashi is so slow and as far as the US version is concerned, I've never heard a voice that sounded so forced in my life. Oh god why.

KingUrameshi

Some other great tactics games:

(PS1)
Vandal Hearts
Front Misson 3
Vanguard Bandits
Tactics Ogre

(PS2)
Suikoden Tactics
Arc The Lad: Twilight Of The Spirits

(GBA)
Yuyu Hakusho Tournament Tactics
Onimusha Tactics

(Sega Saturn)
Dragon Force (good luck getting this one)

(Sega Genesis)
Shining Force 2
Warsong

KingUrameshi

Quote from: Xifanie on December 20, 2016, 08:30:35 am
Being a huge BFM fan, I'm surprised I've never heard of that second game. It must be really bad.

I never played it but it looked really bad. All the things you enjoyed about the first seemed to be sucked right out of it. Critics did not seem to like it either.