• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:26:32 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

[Solved] How to fix pre-battle formation sprites for Dycedarg & Zalbag?

Started by avocadoclock, April 20, 2022, 05:11:59 pm

avocadoclock

I'm patching and modding PSX tactics.
It's Dycedarg (09 Lune Knight), Zalbag (08 Arc Knight), and Delita (05 Holy Knight) in pre-battle that I'm having trouble with.

I used FFTastic to edit the memory card and input characters, and Shishi, GraphicsGale, and FFT Patcher for importing and editing formation sprites in UNIT.BIN.
For example, you can see here that I input Dycedarg into unused unit formation #10, and linked the formation sprite to his Lune Knight job using FFT patcher:

I did the same for Zalbag and Delita using some other unused formation sprites, and they look "okay" on the unit formation screen. But their palettes aren't exactly 100%. Delita and Zalbag appear blueish, and I'd like to fix that too if possible. On their job select wheel, all of the above characters look as intended though.

On the pre-battle formation screen is what I'd like to especially fix. Dycedarg is still showing up as Ramza in pre-battle:

Delita shows up as a hot mess, and Zalbag shows up as squire Delita. The funny thing is, if I assign a job like Delita's sister to unit formation #10, Dycedarg will show as intended. It's a few of these other job classes (Dycedarg's 09 Lune Knight, Zalbag's 08 Arc Knight, and Delita's 05 Holy Knight) that are giving me trouble with their pre-battle sprites. Any idea what's going on or if these are fixable?

I did try out UWEntries, but that didn't work all that well if the unit and profile pics have different numbers.
Seems like Shishi and FFT Patcher work much better for this issue, but they're not completely solve the prebattle issue I'm coming across.

Any help is appreciated
Thanks
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: avocadoclock

Nyzer

You changed one of the values in FFTP to 10.

Change the other one too.

Also, I don't see any mention of importing their portraits to the corresponding WLDFACE slots, but definitely do that.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

avocadoclock

Thank you for the quick response, Nyzer!

I thought that the second 'formation' sprite option in FFT Patcher was for the profile picture (drawing from WLDFACE.bin).
But it sounds like it may be setting both prebattle sprite AND profile pic with that second number? Wow.

I made the adjustment as you suggested, and the unit sprites come out great now!
I think I understand now, and I'll need to move around the respective profile pics too.

Good candidates for this seem like characters 08, 09, 0A, and 0B

Thanks so much, I'm one step closer to finally running this game to completion
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: avocadoclock

henryevans

Shark Apex Uplight Lift-Away Duoclean Reviews 2021

A great vacuum is essential to keeping your home clean, especially homes with pets. Shark is a reputable brand in producing durable and affordable vacuum cleaners. One of their best products is the Shark apex uplight. Let's learn more about this powerful yet lightweight model!

In-Depth Review of Shark Apex Uplight Vacuum

What We Like

Lightweight and easy to use

Self-cleaning brush to avoid tangled hair

The lift-away pod lets users use the Shark uplight as a stick vacuum and handheld device.

HEPA filter and Anti-Allergen complete seal system to protect your home from contagious particles

Powerful suction

Great at cleaning on various surfaces such as bare floors, hardwood floors, and carpeted floors

LED headlights help users vacuum better in the dark

The Shark uplight vacuum comes with many helpful attachments, such as a crevice tool and a pet multi-tool

Extended five-year warranty

What We Dislike

The power cord could be longer

Why Should You Choose The Shark Apex Uplight Vacuum?

For More Information:

How the Shark Apex uplight vacuum cleaner can make your cleaning session easier

My opinion after one year of using the Shark Apex uplight lift-away duoclean

1. Premium Filtration System

The Shark apex uplight duoclean comes with the best filtration system in a vacuum: HEPA filter and Anti-Allergen Seal system. These features prevent 99.96 percent of dust and particles from escaping back into the air. If you or your family members suffer from any allergic condition, you should choose a vacuum with these fully-sealed filtration technologies.

2. Self-Cleaning Roller Brush

Are you tired of cutting tangled hair that wraps around the roller brush? With the Zero-M technology, you no longer have to remove tangled hair in the brush roll. This feature cuts and sends long hair straight from the floors to the dirt compartment. We highly recommend getting the Shark apex vacuum cleaner if you have long-haired pets. You will see it useful in https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/shark-apex-uplight-review-with-corded-lift-away-duoclean-vacuum-cleaner/ .

3. Large Dust Capacity

The Shark apex uplight lift-away duoclean can hold up to 0.68 dry quarts, which is efficient for most homes. However, if you have a lot of dirt to clean, please make sure to empty the dust cup when it reaches the maximum fill line. We love the Shark uplight's transparent dustbin, so users can easily tell when to empty it.

4. Lightweight and Easy to Use

Owners of the Shark apex uplight gave positive feedback on how light and ergonomic the machine is. This ultra-lightweight model only weighs 10.7 pounds in full size. Additionally, you can use the Lift-away pod to clean above-ground areas such as the stairs, shelves, and upholstery.

5. Helpful Attachments

There are two tools when you buy the Shark apex duoclean vacuum:

The pet multi-tool: this accessory is a combination of an upholstery tool and a pet power brush. The upholstery tool allows users to pick up dust from delicate surfaces, while the pet power brush is best for removing stubborn pet hair embedded in your carpets.

The crevice-duster tool: this attachment helps you clean hard-to-reach areas and tight corners.

You can also order more tools from Shark's official website or Amazon, such as the soft-bristled anti-allergen dusting brush or the self-cleaning pet power brush.

Conclusions

We hope you enjoyed reading our Shark apex uplight lift-away duoclean reviews. Let us know which feature is your favorite and why.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown