• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 07:29:02 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Kagebunji's sprites- Moving on...

Started by Kagebunji, August 04, 2009, 02:29:37 pm

mav

Oh, I could have given the werewolf the palette treatment, if necessary. That's fine though, I'm sure it doesn't look bad.

Kagebunji

I am always open for your help, Mav, hehe. So feel free to fix palettes, that is if current palettes are unbearable, hehe.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Kagebunji

I am sure some of you remember that amazing Tonberry portrait made by the japanese(it was on the image along with Steiner, Zidane, Sydney, Zack and many others). I am doing Tonberry sprite, and I would love it if someone had PNG or BMP version of that portrait, I only found JPG.

Twinees

here you go Kage, and its 16 colours.
  • Modding version: PSX

mav

Quote from: "Kagebunji"I am always open for your help, Mav, hehe. So feel free to fix palettes, that is if current palettes are unbearable, hehe.
For whatever reason, the SPR file on the submission page won't load on my computer. It's really annoying me, cause I wanna see how this sprite looks.

The Strife man's right, that portrait is freaking awesome. Those Japanese fellas know a thing or two about a thing or two.

Kagebunji

Thanks Twin, I will need it soon, hehe. I will post BMP for you Mav. I had to change jumping animation, because last one was too big :/

Kagebunji

And here is Tonberry with palettes. I used FFTA's Tonberry as reference, but that is obvious. I erased ugly outlines, fixed wrong shading, and gave him FFT colors. And here we have a sweet Tonberry! I have more than these poses already done, but I just wanted to show palettes

mav

Great palettes, they still seem a tad bit bright for some reason, Can you shade the eyes a bit? I'll work on the wolf right now. Thanks, man.

EDIT: Your werewolf palettes are good too. You don't need me anymore, champ.

Kagebunji

Thanks for checkin out Werewolf, if you say it's good, it is good, heh. As to Tonberry, I used already existig colors, am I right that you are talkin about first being bright? Shading those eyes seems like bad idea too, it will look like he got punched, hehe. I can try though.

mav

Hah, punched. Your call. Yeah, I was talking about the first Tonberry's palette. I guess it'd look different and better once we see it in-game. Keep up the good work, man.

Kagebunji

I test it in-game whenever I complete some frame, hehe. It doesn't look bad in-game though, stands out a bit, but every character wearing yellow clothes would.

Atma

NICE!  i just downloaded the partial tonberry sprite was thinking about finishing it off.  glad to hear that ur taking up that task :P
My name is Atma... I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos.

Kagebunji

I am pretty close to finishing it now. I wasn't testing the frames though, so I have to do it now. I think he will be completed during weekend.

mav

Awesome job taking up all these monster sprites, Kage, that's what this site's been lacking. Keep us updated.

GeneralStrife

Atma

i would like to do monster sprites, too... but can't quite figure out what all the frames are for.  is there a discussion about monster sprites and how to make them?  or, if u have a decent grasp of how they're laid out maybe write a quick tutorial.  i know i could use type1 and type2 like skeletons and goblins and make monsters that way, but i'd also like to know how to create using the MON sprite type.
My name is Atma... I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos.

Kagebunji

I deciphered whole monster sheet by looking at Monsters that I knew what animation do. I could do a tutorial, but I dunno how I would select the frames since ShiShi can't view MON type sprites(biggest drawback, you have to test everything in-game). Goblins, Skeletons and Mindflayers use same sheet as humans.

As to Tonberry, I am moving with him as fast as I can, he should be done during this weekend.

Kagebunji

I finished Tonberry sooner than I thought, here is the link:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=405&p=131430#p131430

And I will also post BMP, in case anyone have some problems

Cheetah

Freaking sweet! I can't wait to load this up and see some animations in action. The palette may need a bit of work to fit with the FFT style as a whole, but the actual spriting looks fantastic.
Current Projects: