• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Anyone here play D&D?

Started by Tonb3rry, February 25, 2010, 03:57:04 pm

Tonb3rry

I'm running an online D&D campaign on a forum - set up my own world, own classes, creatures, etc; it's fanservice in a way you wouldn't believe and I've got a couple of players atm but I would like some more. It's highpower, 3.5 and I love homebrew. If you're interested drop on by:

www.worldofcorinth.proboards.com (that's the forum)
www.corinthd20.webs.com (that's the "SRD", basically)

formerdeathcorps

I do, but I'm not exactly free.  How often do you intend to meet to play?
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Tonb3rry

We don't really meet. Like I say, it's a forum, so typically someone posts and then others respond. I start each character off on a solo campaign (unless they already have friends on the board who are starting together) and then allow the actions to take them where they will. I typically allow a bit of time between posts so as to give people time to formulate thoughts, etc - but it's perfect for the folks with no free time (I have absolutely none myself)

Gotwald

I do like the game, but I have never been a fan of online. My favourite part about DnD is getting together with a bunch of buddies, drinking tons of beer, having fun and rolling 20s. The social aspect.

And that one time when two people rolled 45's on percentage dice....
-- Attention Citizens, this is the Computer. 2 + 2 now equals 3.9999238849009985. Please recalibrate your equipment.

My youtube Channel
My 1.3 Playthough (Complete)
My Final fantasy I Blind playthrough

Skip Sandwich

i'm with gotwald in that my favorite part of D&D is the social aspect, but i'll go ahead and check out your campaign though.
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

Tonb3rry

The social part is my favorite part as well, not gonna lie; problem is, as so many of us know, real life gets in the way so often. I like the forums here, the feel of the people and the communication; if I can at least keep that level of social aspect then it's something :)

Kaijyuu

I've got some friends who have regular online tabletop game sessions. Not DnD anymore though; we all got kinda turned off by the horrid imbalance.

I stopped playing with them because the sessions really started to drag after a few hours, among other things.
  • Modding version: PSX

Tonb3rry

Yeah.. it's easy to get unbalanced in D&D, especially when you hit epic level - I don't play epic rules. I do play high power and what (at first glance) may appear to be unbalanced. Trick is, everything is high powered. From enemies to classes, so it all balances out. I make it very easy to die, and I've removed penalties for being revived, though only the most basic ressurection magics are easy to come by (for instance)

Xifanie

• Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Samuraiblackbelt

<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

PGF: "You are ignoring this user. Click to see their post."