• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Journey of the Five - Chapter 1 DOWNLOAD HERE! (Current Version v1.97e)

Started by 3lric, March 25, 2013, 08:13:33 pm

Angel

Porting to PSP would only be possible if WotL were better understood, so that analogous ASM hacks could be made. Not feasible at the moment.
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

3lric

I highly doubt it'll ever be made for WotL. However, upon chapter 2 release you'll be able to
make an eboot that will play on PSP. But it wont be made with the WotL version.

3lric

3lric

That, to my knowledge hasn't been tested... but why would you use PPSSPP to play it ported to PSP on a emulator on your PC?
If you're gonna be playing on the PC anyway, i don't see the point of that extra work.

Angel

Would not work on PPSSPP because no POPS. But yeah, what Elric said. Why run an emulator within an emulator? To make your experience worse? Gosh, some people... I really want to assume drunkposting there.

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame

FrozenDragon150

Oh, there's this, my internet is limited, so obtaining another ISO would severely cut on my megabytes.

But maybe, maybe in the future i'll be able to do it

Lancelot

The download seems to be broken. It gets stuck at some point and just doesn't continue.
Any reasons why this is happening?

3lric

Angel

4000+ successful downloads and counting. Plus one I just successfully grabbed (again) myself to test.

Pandemoniu

Hi.

This patch really caught my interest with only a few posts read, so I thought I'd ask for some advice.

I read that Chapter II will be out soon and was wondering if I should wait until it is before getting everything together. I read that some changes to the way things work will require Chapter I to be re-played, so I was wonder if you think it'd be a good idea to just wait.

Thanks in advance for your advice and keep up the good work. :mrgreen:

3lric

Well, that's really up to you, there is still plenty to enjoy currently, and realistically, we are still looking at a couple months before everything is
done and released. Of course the events are the biggest thing to hold chapters back, but we also are waiting on things like sprites and ASM hacks
as well.

Once these are done we then have to go through the bugtesting stage (which should take less time than Chapter 1 did, or at least i sure hope
so). I will try to update more frequently, however, I often find it hard to tear myself away from working on something to come and post here
telling everyone what is/isnt left, especially without spoiling anything :P

Pandemoniu

Well thanks for taking the time to come respond.  :)

So its close, but still a bit of a ways off. Hmm. Well, I would still need to get everything ready on my end and I have others I could/would like to play. Still, this is a very enticing thing you got here.

I guess I'll just have to mull it over, then.

Thanks again!

I don't really know much in the way of spoilers, but I hope I will get to use Alma as a non-Guest player. That'd be a dream come true for me.

BustaHimes

Hi I'm brand new to these boards.  Just happened to stumble across this gem through youtube and was really looking forward to playing it.  I got everything set up and was along my way but for some reason my game will not load up the flashback scene with cloud.

It stays on now loading...   I am using psxfin v1.13.  I would love to keep playing this as FFT is one of my favorite games of all time. 
Thanks

3lric

I would recommend acquiring another iso. Make sure you dont patch it with anything before hand, nor restructure it with Shishi before hand
Anytime this issue comes up its either a bad rip of the CD Image or its a dirty iso/bin/img. (all 3 of these formats work fine btw, no reason
to convert if you've done so.)

Basically a brand new clean ISO and patch with PPF-o-matic, and you should be fine.

Xifanie

You might want to check this topic to ensure you create said image properly or have a working one.
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10119.0
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Valkirst

Just started playing this... there are no words..(well maybe some) this is great work. I have been such a huge fan of FFT and to be honest I was very wary of any non-canon based material. Since there has never been a proper successor of FFT I considered this particular world and part of Ivalice sealed up and done. I am thoroughly enjoying this and all of the ways that you guys have implemented and modified certain aspects. I loved the flashback with Cloud and Ramza and how that added to the timeline progression and to the maturity and depth of character with one simple but very effective swipe. As soon as I finish with my own little projects I will see what I can devote to this project. It is just fantastic. 
Completed Sprites
  • Discord username: Valkirst

3lric

Glad you are enjoying it, and thank you, when/if that time comes, you know where to find me.

enricopintos

I just made an user to tell you that the mod is awesome! I liked how you mixed these particular characters and how the story went after you beat ajora in the original game. 
Anxiously awaiting chapter 2 3 and 4 (and if you are planing more better!)

see ya!

3lric

Thank You!

We are still working hard to get Ch2 done, the events are almost there and once the ASMs are done and such
we can do all the bugtesting while we wait for the sprites to be finished.