• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:55:25 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Patch Ideas Proposal Thread

Started by RavenOfRazgriz, September 17, 2012, 06:12:58 pm

gatebuster202

@ Elric.

Awesome on the Map Editor. I had read about it a couple years ago and forgot about it. Though your images seem broken. Good to know that all you guys did was take out chairs. :)

I hope to drag several battles out to other locations. Riovanes and Eagros especially. (Why was that gate house undefended. What about the front steps of the manor? Or the water section from chapter 1?? All to extend Eagros.)

I prefer several of the WotL naming conventions and something's were lost in translation first go around. I did play FFT at release. (I was six, I followed the plot, but Tolkien was still an easier read to my young brain.) The WotL translation gets attrocious at several places, but it feels very Catholic. (I'm Catholic, just as a frame of reference.) The thing I admires about it, was that they convey both threat and subtly with the same sentences. Eloquence and Desperation. However. I'll be using Cheeta's work as a springboard. I will be restoring some ability translations. (All magic will get renamed, again. The Swordskills will be restored to their original names.) Further more, my project has seemingly started to grow in scope of eventing. So the script will be both original and a happy medium of WotL and Vanilla.

I have to say. I prefer several of Delita's one liners in WotL over vanilla. And all of the Cel-Shaded cut scenes had some good lines that should be kept.
(Minus Luso and Balthier, their dropped. Non-canon interlopers.)
My hope, is to add scenes that are canon, that flesh out our characters more.
Algus will get more scene time chapter 1, as will our Dead Men and Alma. Alma will actually be plot significant. Because she's normally Princess Peach level MacGuffin, and Ovelia has far more significance. (Which she should because it's about her an Delita far more the Ramza and Alma. Great People history theory aside.)

Anyway. I got slightly off topic, but thank you again for the information. Hopefully I can justify to the community why to accept a different translation of Tactics. (Based off but not wholly WotL.)

PS. Disclaimer, I profess to have read several sections of the forum, and information on system limits and what *exactly* can be done is left to modders and patchers far more ambitious then I.

PPS. How patient would I have to be to use Ganesha?? (Coding experiance :Non-Existant. Visual Editing Experiance: None.)
  • Modding version: PSX
Winner of the 2nd FFT Arena SCC Tourney. -Geomancers

3lric

I made a tutorial on how to use Ganesha and map2gl some time ago, that would be a good place to start, lol.

Also, I'm not sure why you can't see the image, as it's in a public folder :/

gatebuster202

They aren't broken, iOS and Internet Explorer just didn't like your file uploader. Firefox has been hit or miss recently... But your images work fine there.

I see what you've done there, and that's awesome. I'll hit up your tutorials. (Which are always of excellent quality.)

Havermayer

July 05, 2015, 04:27:33 pm #83 Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 05:05:42 pm by Havermayer
Follow up for all the "what if" ideas I've had. Is it possible to:

1. Have recovery items equipable to the accessory slot, and limit use to one per battle? ie equip a phoenix down, can use one phoenix down per battle.

2. Set a job as male or female only? Bard and Dancer have this flag.

3. Could you have a male job use the male version of the sprites, and a female job using the female version? For example, a Soldier uses male squire spriteset, while a Fencer uses female squire sprites.

3. Swap a sprites between classes? Thief that uses a Dancer class for example?

4. Change the Soldier recruiting office?

As for maps, what they should have done with the PSP port is to update the engine and increase the map size. FFT has tiny maps for a SRPG, and it seems it was limited by the Playstation. Moving to a new console meant they should have taken advantage of the extra power.

3lric

July 05, 2015, 06:52:11 pm #84 Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 07:30:48 pm by Elric
Quote from: Havermayer on July 05, 2015, 04:27:33 pm
Follow up for all the "what if" ideas I've had. Is it possible to:

2. Set a job as male or female only? Bard and Dancer have this flag.

Why? There is only a limited number of jobs and space to work with anyway... Plus your ability space is very limited, even on the PSP, so no, probably not.

3. Swap a sprites between classes? Thief that uses a Dancer class for example?

That's what unique units are for, it was never meant to be that way with Generics

4. Change the Soldier recruiting office?

If you actually looked around the site, maybe you'd have found Xif's soldier office hack.

As for maps, what they should have done with the PSP port is to update the engine and increase the map size. FFT has tiny maps for a SRPG, and it seems it was limited by the Playstation. Moving to a new console meant they should have taken advantage of the extra power.

i think what you meant to say is that IN YOUR OPINION the maps should've been bigger in WotL. the maps were made as they were intended for the game. Change map size then skill range and a million other things has to change with it. You tried to make some of these points years ago, and they still don't hold up to how FFT is intended to be played. Nor have I seen you make any attempt at doing any of these things :/ fact of the matter is that FFT isn't Tactics Ogre.. even in the SNES version of tactics Ogre the maps were big because that's how it was intended to be played, FFT was not

gatebuster202

Reply to Haver, on phone though so I can't quote.

1. ASM hacking might be able to this but, it's a really tall order. Go ask in the ASM section.

2. Make the Bard and Dancer accessible at low levels. (So squire 2.) Then have the next set of generic classes require levels in bard or dancer for each gender. FFPatcher makes this easy. Though you are locking out a whole set of classes for a gender choice... So you had best have a wicked awesome story idea that makes this make sense. (See Elric's comment, also see his answer to 3 as well. that really makes what I am saying redundant, but I figured a detailed explaination wouldn't hurt.)

3. See comment from Elric.

4. I'll second this. As Elric recently pointed out something I had even seen when lurking a few years ago and thought was awesome. Look at the ASM hack section and through our more prominent coder's work before asking." Have we done this?"

5. Elric tackled the problem of your opinion. I'll tack mine real quick. Tactics ogre is a larger space oriented battleground. FF Tactics is close in engagements. Each square is roughly 2 meters, and height is roughly 1.3 to 2 meters. So your battleground is close in engagements. The game also simulates squad tactics over unit tactics. (Which is a modern fighting concept, not a historical one.) So we aren't fighting the massive battles that Tactics Ogre had. In fact Ramza never participated in a "battle". Fort Besselat he his the garrison's rearguard startegically as everyone else massed for a pitched battle on the plains between Lesilia and Besselat. He knew his squad was out numbered and if he had to fight a mixed force of knight and mages at unit size numbers, he be wiped out. The main villains led a force of fifty or so total soldiers to their order, a small band of Holy Knights.

So yeah the game and the scenario dictated a small squad vs Small squad. Also overhauling the game engine is not possible given then limits of the written engine and the systems. Feel free to delve that deep into code. (And break that 9 sprite limit first would you!)

Eerekai

The Android

I figure if anywhere is a good place to ask this, this site would the place to start. I recently got my hands on the Android port of FFT: WotL. I like the changes and updates from the PSP port. I like that the Android port tried fixing the sprites and made the game not sound like a piece of trash. What I don't like is that the Android port keeps crashing. I've tried running it on my smartphone (LG G Vista), I've tried running it on AndyRoid the Android simulator, and BlueStacks ~ another Android simulator. The game still crashes in the same parts. This leads me to believe that there is an issue with the Android app itself.

What I really want to know if there are any patches floating around for the Android port to address the issues it has. Or if anyone is currently working on it. I'd love to play a cleaned up version of the PSP port. (I tried playing the PSP port...those sound effects leave much to be desired.)

Xifanie

To my knowledge, no one has ever attempted such a thing.

But hey, that means you're ready to go at it right away! Good luck
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Eerekai

November 04, 2015, 08:52:07 pm #88 Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 04:10:21 am by Eerekai
Quote from: Xifanie on November 04, 2015, 07:53:37 am
To my knowledge, no one has ever attempted such a thing.

But hey, that means you're ready to go at it right away! Good luck

I have 0 modding/coding experience, and wouldn't know where to start. But that's why I posted the thought in this thread. Nevertheless, thank you for the info and reply.  :D

Zolias

December 07, 2015, 04:16:01 pm #89 Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 05:32:12 pm by Zolias
NOTICE: I will be using WotL Translations for skills/classes, as it's the only version I know of.  If you don't like it, I apologize beforehand.  However, I will most likely use the PSX version for the base.  Just need a way to change the name of the abilities...

Also, deleting old post and making new post for bump... because I'm also asking for help.  May end up doing this after all :D  When I get a few people for the team, I'll plan on making a post under the New Projects thread.  I mainly have a need for ASM Hackers for Roster and a new class, someone to come up with the sprites and portraits, an advisor (someone to assist with the formulation of classes; what gets cut, what gets replaced for what... the fun stuff, basically) and finally, someone to help with scripting and map placement.  Also to remove the damn old british-type talking during conversations (does that count as scripting?)

I have an idea which, unfortunately, I'll need help working on due to lack of prior knowledge of coding, ASM hacks, or anything of the sort.  It, in a way, seems like it could be similar to a Pokemon mod, but in actuality that the MC can only have monsters as allies (except for one other human ally, which I believe would come about around the middle of Ch.3, and one customizable monster ally that can change classes like a human, who would come around Ch. 2), and could only do so once he gains the necessary Support Ability. I have the MC listed under the Job and Etc. Ideas Proposal Thread, with notes for reasoning and possible cuts that may need to be made.  His default name would be Zolias, with the option of changing it (insert shameless self-insert plug banter here).

Dreadlord  (Brave: 70  Faith: 100  Move: 4  Jump: 3  Phys Evade: 20%)

A knight of pure, concentrated darkness, this warrior wields Fell Swords with superior technique. 

Innates: (JP Boost), {Accrue JP} [Halve MP, Swiftness, Lavawalking, Treasure Hunter] 

SIDE NOTE: Accrue JP will only be in Ch.1, as it's the training chapter. Ch.2 and Ch.3 will only retain JP Boost. Ch.4 will have changed him completely, adding Swiftness, Halve MP, Treasure Hunter, and Lavawalking (for a specific Treasure to be obtained at Mt. Bervenia)

Absorb: Dark

STATS

Stats when Active Job:  HP: A+  MP: B+  Atk: A-  Mag: B  Speed: A-

Stat Growths:  HP: ***** MP: ***  Atk: ****  Mag: ***  Speed: **

Demonblade: Dreadlord job command. The ultimate in dark sword techniques that inspire fear into their victims.

ACTION ABILITIES

(Side Note: all skills have no vertical limit, are SP: Now!, and use the weapon's element unless stated otherwise.  Also, Hell's Charge attacks in all 4 directions at once, instead of a choice of one.  Finally, all skills bypass Evasion.)

Shadowblade - Learned
Range: 5  Radius: 1  Effect: Drain HP

Dusk Blade - Learned
Range: 5  Radius: 1  Effect: Drain MP

(Ch.2 Upgrade)

Frozen Enclave - 400 JP
Range: 4  Radius: 3  Effect: Stop

Deathbringer - 350 JP
Range: 3  Radius: 2  Effect: Doom

Graveblade - 500 JP
Range: 3  Radius: 2  Effect: KO

Oppressive Force - 900 JP
Range: 5  Radius: 3  Effect: Silence

(Ch. 3 Upgrade)

Hell's Charge - 2000 JP
Range: 4-dir.  Radius: 7  Effect: Confuse

Shadowburst - 1500 JP (Self-Damage)
Range: Self  Radius: 5  Effect: Slow  Element: Dark

Armageddon - 3000 JP (Self-Damage)
Range: 4 (cone)  Radius: 4  (More damage the closer the units are)

Crush Armor - 200 JP
no change

Crush Helm - 400 JP
no change

Crush Weapon - 500 JP
No change

Crush Accessory - 800 JP
no change

Dread - 1000 JP
Range: 5  Radius: 1 (Enemy)  Effect: Brave-10

Purgatory - 2500 JP  Damage Calc: Mag x PWR x (100-Faith)/100 x (Target Faith/100) It's a combination of Netherseer and Skyseer Abilities, in that order
Range: 5  PWR: 25  Radius: 1  MP: 15  SP: 85  Element: Dark

(Ch.4 Upgrade)

Raging Howl - 1250 JP
Range: Self  Radius: 1  Effect: Brave+10, Atk+2, Mag+2, Spd+1

Oblivion - Hit to Learn  (Damage Calc: Same as Purgatory)
Range: All  PWR: 50  Radius: All  MP: 60  SP: 66  Element: Dark

REACTION ABILITIES

Typical Squire Abilities

SUPPORT ABILITIES

all other Squire abilities

MOVEMENT ABILITIES

Move +1 - 200 JP

Master Teleportation - 10000 JP (Available w/ Ch.4 Upgrade; if JP limit is only 9999, then it would be 9999 to learn)

Possible Cuts/Alterations

The Magic Skills - If there is no way to make the spells work with that calculation, then I'll just use the Netherseeker calculation. 
EDIT: I'll just use Netherseeker combination... easier to do and very useful.

The Sword Skills - If there's no way to make the skills have an infinite vertical range with described range and radius, then keep the names but they'll function the same as their counterparts (Orlandeau/Agrias' line)

Skill descriptions are assuming 2 Radius is the Plus-shaped AoE

Visual would look like this guy's Ramza, but with the generic Monk's head and blood red cape

Portrait would change between Chapters 

Ch.1: Brown hair, brown eyes, similar facial structure

Ch.2: Brown hair, red eyes, angry look if possible

Ch.3: Brown hair, red eyes, and a vertical scar down his left cheek (so it'd be on the right side of the portrait).

Ch.4: Brown hair, brown eyes, nose added horizontal scar added in the middle of the vertical scar

TIP: Best used with Monk abilities.  Free Healz and Spelz For Dayz with Chakra lolz

To make it seem completeable, however, there might need to be a few changes to monsters, such as some of the slower ones (with a few exceptions) should gain a slight speed boost.  Another thing should be that Chocobos should always have Choco Cure, regardless of their color, so one doesn't always have to rely on mere potions for healing (after all, the Red Chocobos doesn't need any other attack to pick from other than Choco Meteor, but still would need to peck in order to Counter, I believe...)  If possible, the more human-shaped monsters would be able to wear armor (Exception is Chocobos... Chocobos should wear armor because they're awesome).

Yellow Chocobo - Same as Vanilla

Black Chocobo - Choco Beak, Choco Pellets, Choco Cure, Choco Esuna

Red Chocobo - Choco Beak, Choco Meteor, Choco Cure, Choco Esuna

Removing the need for Beastmaster Ability, so might remove that Support Ability althgether

Monster Eggs should be kept;

Boost JP will be kept on all original classes, as a way to help JP Gains.

All I need is a sprite and portrait of a monster-like creature, and I can turn it into a class that can change. 

Custom Weapon and Armor set for MC already in the works... just poking at the kinks, hoping they'll fix themselves.

For future reference, a small list of things that may need to be done (in any way possible) before initial setup:

1) Custom Monster Ally; wields weapons, armor, and accessories, and COULD be treated as a human with changing jobs and JP Gains. (CHECK....somewhat)

2) Give Armor to Chocobos; may need to slightly adjust their HP stats accordingly. (CHECK)

3) Enable other Class Abilities (Read: Tame) to MC, and be able to list the skill as Learned under both MC's Class and Orator when it's learned under one. (CHECK)

4) Enable one normally enemy-only skill to MC and a future ally (Read: Master Teleport) to be available at Ch4, keeping Move +1 available all the time. (CHECK)

5) Enable Chocobos of any color to always retain Choco Cure. (CHECK)

6) If using WotL as a base (which is preferable), IF anyone has made significant changes to it that can be worked on further (Example: Elric's The Lion War patch for vanilla), remove animated cutscenes.

7) Plan for an event to add a SINGLE Ultima Demon to the party; no eggs available. (Not necessary, but would be fun)

8) Make monsters have all 4 abilities available without the need for Beastmaster (CHECK)

9) Planned ultimate gear (Obtained in events during Ch.4 and some Treasure Hunter locations) (CHECK)

10) ADVISE people to use the slowdown removal patch made by I forgot who... (Might just include it with the patch in a folder)

Heavensbane - Fell Sword 1H/2H A Dark Sword once used by an ancient guardian of the Underworld.

Atk: 45  Parry: 30%  Inflicts: Slow, KO  Always: Faith  Boosts: Dark

Obtained: Mt. Bervenia Treasure Hunt Spot (Lava Treasure Spot, 100% to obtain Godslayer)

Hellfire Shield - Shield  A Dark Shield once used by an ancient guardian of the Underworld.

Phys Ev.: 60%  Mag Ev. 0  Immune: Oil  Absorb: Fire, Ice

Obtained: Ch.4 Event

Demon King's Helm - Helmet  A Dark Helmet once used by an ancient guardian of the Underworld

HP: 175  MP: 50  Immune: All Negative Status Effects except Athiest and Oil

Demon Guard - Armor  Dark Armor once used by an ancient guardian of the Underworld

HP: 200  MP: 50  Always: Regen, Reraise

Obtained: Mount Bervenia Treasure Hunt Location (Materia Blade Spot, 100% chance to obtain Demon Guard)

Demon Gloves - Gloves  Dark Gloves once used by an ancient guardian of the Underworld

Physical Attack +2  Magic +2, Speed +2  Always: Haste, Protect, Shell  Absorbs: All Elements except Dark  Boosts: All Elements except Dark

Not sure how those'll work, but they'll replace the following items:

Valhalla (Fell Sword)

Onion Shield (Shield)

Onion Helm (Helmet)

Onion Armor (Armor)

Onion Gloves (Gloves)

I'll work on a plausible story, since it's the only thing I CAN do (even if it's as simple as making it similar to vanilla, but changing SOME things around, like names). For any type of early bugtesting scenerio, simply switching out Ramza for the MC MAY be possible.  Will edit if I have more information.

I've come up with a tiny bit of story and first battle for Ch.1, as well as starting roster.

Chapter 1 Roster Setup - Main Character: Zolias (Renamable) Job: Dreadlord (Look in the Job Idea thread for more information) | Ally: Red Panther  (Random Name, Roster Number 2), Goblin (Random Name, Roster Number 3)  Yellow Chocobo (Name: Koko for a FFV Reference; Boko's mate in that game, Roster Number 4)  |  Guest: Gaffgarion (Fell Knight)  {Takes place after Ramza's battles, and follows in his footsteps}

Short MC Description:  Zolias, an orphan of the 50-Year War who was raised by Gaffgarion, a friend of the family, after the conclusion.  Gruff and cynical like his adoptive father, but shows an occasional bout of kindness every now and then. Starting Age: 16 

First battle of all is basically the same as main game, but adding in MC as well.

Ch 1: The Unrelenting (if anyone can come up with a better name, feel free to rename it)  Starting Point: Dorter   1st Battle: Similar to Ramza's first battle in Gariland (4 Squires and a Chemist)

The main line is MC is under Gaffgarion's tutelage, and Gaffgarion is supposed to be tailing Ramza as per ordered by Dycedarg.

Other thing I need to learn to figure out is how to get the proper sprite in for the MC (Probably would need help from an experienced spriter).  I was thinking that the story I plan to make (most likely with other's help) takes place during Ramza's Story, where during a few battles or so, MC and Ramza will encounter each other.  Sometimes, Ramza will be a Guest; sometimes, they'll be opposing forces (as a way of helping each other get stronger, so those battles will have an important role in which enemies do not permanently die...yay for immortal enemies?). 

Over the 4 Chapters, Ramza will grow, as well.  You won't meet him in Ch.1, Ch.2 and Ch.3, he'll be in his mercenary-variant and have up to Steel; Ch.4, He'll have Shout and if you meet him past a certain point in the story, he'll also have Ultima.  Unfortunately, he won't be recruitable, since he's doing his own story (obviously) so he'll keep his Traitor Immunity (saw that in FFTP).  In fact, to keep away from being able to recruit enemy people, all jobs will have Traitor Immunity.

I can't say whether or not people would enjoy this game idea, as it's akin to a self-insert fanfiction, but I do want to make it as enjoyable and fairly close to the lore as I can (which unfortunately, I know little of), while adding my own twist.  So with this, I'm going to do a little more on FFTP.

I present Mia, the Paragon now.

Paragon (Brave: 45  Faith: 100  Move: 3  Jump: 2  Phys. Evade: 10%)

A Mage of unparalleled might that can cast any spell instantly, but must learn magicks initially.

Innates: Treasure Hunter, Halve MP, Arcane Strength, Arcane Defense

Absorb: None

Stats when Active Job   HP: C+  MP: A  Atk: D  Mag: A+  Spd: A-

Stat Growths  HP: ***  MP: *****  Atk: *  Mag: *****  Spd: ****

Blessed Magicks: Paragon job command.  The might of the purest Magicks called into reality to bless allies or bring suffering to foes.

ACTION ABILITIES

White Magicks - Learned

Black Magicks - 1000 JP

Mystic Magicks - 1000 JP

Time Magicks - Learned

Summoning Magicks - 2000 JP

REACTION ABILITIES

Shiradori - 700 JP

SUPPORT ABILITIES

Defense Boost

MOVEMENT ABILITIES

Move +3 - 1000 JP

Master Teleport - 10000 JP

NOTES:  Mia will most likely need ASM Hacks for her abilities to work, but she's essentially a single target Arithmatist (which will be removed from this game, along with Onion Knight and Dark Knight; I'll keep in Mime for stat grinding lol)  Also, for those wondering why it has to be a female, it's obviously what your thinking; the ship has sailed!  lol  For a description of what she looks like, imagine using Rapha's body sprite (made with a lighter skin tone) with a female's head with long blue hair.  For a portrait, imagine the Mia from Golden Sun, but with blue hair instead of aqua, and not in a ponytail (and noseless, apparently) 

EDIT: I can just change Mime, remove the type it is possibly, as well as setting the stats and equipment accordingly to do what she does, I believe... just that she can learn all Magics through JP OR by other classes... doesn't really matter, tbh, as long as she can use ALL Magics; might even change them to no channel time and remove swiftness.

Short Mia description: A priestess who left the Holy Church after seeing one of her own become a Lucavi.  A kind girl, she can never leave anyone who's suffering  Starting Age: Same as MC's Current. 

Also, useless bonus points for who gets where I got the name of her class first lol

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Safeguard removed from class innate list; disabling the AI use of Steal/Rend: Armor/Weapon/Accessory/Shield.   They can still steal everything else, but not equipment.  This does NOT mean that Safeguard is useless; there may be some boss units with Crush-type attacks, so be prepared.

Starting it over on FFTP, so I can remember what I do.  Also will make a notepad file telling me what I've done, what I've still got to do, and what I cannot do alone.  PM me if you wish to be of help.  I'll be making a post in the ASM Hacks section of the site for assistance on the ASM Hacks I need.

Also, planning on adding Reis to the team, without whatever-his-name-is also teamed with Ramza's group (Ramza's group are all guests, and she feels that we need the help more than they do, so she would join us instead... she also does revert back to normal (Holy Dragon -> Dragonkin), and whatever-his-name-is joins as an immortal guest.

That's all I have atm; will edit when I have more ideas.

Angel

Nobody will ASM hack for WotL. If you want help with ASM, switch to PSX version as your base. If you insist on using WotL as a base, you're gonna need to learn to write ASM yourself, without also causing the game to fail catastrophically under its feeble emulation layer.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Jumza

And get your hands dirty with work! You say you want a team because you lack the knowledge, that means you don't really have a great idea of how this stuff works :/ Once you know a little bit about how everything works you'll be able to be more specific with what you want / need, and you'll get a better handle on what your limitations are as (I assume) a non-ASM'er (of course you can always ask the talented people for help :P).

Once you have something to show people, actual work, then they'll flock to you (sometimes)!
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Madeen

Just found out about this thread... anyway, I'm a big fan of FFTA and FFTA2, but I could never get into the original FFT, whether it is on psx or psp.

There are 3 things that bother me like no tomorrow, well let's say 2 and half...

- Unable to cancel/redo moving, that's quite ridiculous, once you move you're doomed.

- Certain sound effects are plain horrible, thinking of camera rotation for example, its just unbearable, I'd be happy if it didnt have any sound at all.

- Nothing much to do beside the main story, as opposed to Advance and A2 who have 300 quests to complete... those errands are a downer.(This is the half one, I cant expect anyone to put so much content, I'd be delighted if just my first two issues were resolved)

If anyone could "fix" that, I'd be happy to play that game... I kinda like it, I like the "darker" atmosphere a bit like Tactic Ogre on PSP and it has interesting classes/abilities that Advance and A2 dont have, it's a shame.

Well if no one can be bothered that's fine too, I dont mind, just my two cents :)

Jumza

Quote from: Madeen on December 07, 2015, 07:45:56 pm
- Unable to cancel/redo moving, that's quite ridiculous, once you move you're doomed.

I actually don't like that you can do this in FFTA. The ability to do so and see what the % chance to hit and how much damage every possible action could do with no consequences is both ridiculous and time consuming :P Of course, it did help if you made a mistake while moving.
(I think someone suggested this ASM hack a little while ago, not sure if it was ever completed)

- Certain sound effects are plain horrible, thinking of camera rotation for example, its just unbearable, I'd be happy if it didnt have any sound at all.

Personal preference, I actually quite like this and all of the other sound effects. You could probably remove these, but you'd need to ask some people what the best way to go about this would be.

- Nothing much to do beside the main story, as opposed to Advance and A2 who have 300 quests to complete... those errands are a downer.(This is the half one, I cant expect anyone to put so much content, I'd be delighted if just my first two issues were resolved)

Side stories can be added in really easily, it just requires a little effort on the creators part :)
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Angel

Quote from: Jumza on December 07, 2015, 07:58:09 pm
I actually don't like that you can do this in FFTA. The ability to do so and see what the % chance to hit and how much damage every possible action could do with no consequences is both ridiculous and time consuming :P Of course, it did help if you made a mistake while moving.
(I think someone suggested this ASM hack a little while ago, not sure if it was ever completed)

Xifanie was looking into it, but she couldn't find a good method of attack to revert ALL aspects of the previous position and not cause everything to get borked. Oft-requested and considered, but never completed.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Madeen

Quote from: Jumza on December 07, 2015, 07:58:09 pm

That's what a tactical game is about, explore the possibilities and choose the best one :)
I dont even recall you cant see %hit and dmg in FFT, it's even more a shame than I thought :/

Personal preference, I actually quite like this and all of the other sound effects. You could probably remove these, but you'd need to ask some people what the best way to go about this would be.

That would be great :)

Side stories can be added in really easily, it just requires a little effort on the creators part :)

Really? That would be awesome, but it seems like lot of work... I dont want to impose too much seeing I have no skill myself x,x  I'd be more than happy with the move thing and certain sounds removed/changed.  I'll just see and hope someone is interested in doing it, actually I was hoping an exisiting hack/mod would have those "features", but apparently not.

Jumza

Quote from: Madeen on December 07, 2015, 10:08:48 pm
That's what a tactical game is about, explore the possibilities and choose the best one :)
I dont even recall you cant see %hit and dmg in FFT, it's even more a shame than I thought :/

You can see hit chance and possible damage, but it's limited because you can only do it before you move and after you move as opposed to FFTA, where you can move as many times (within your range) as you want to check :P

Madeen

Quote from: Jumza on December 07, 2015, 10:33:48 pm
You can see hit chance and possible damage, but it's limited because you can only do it before you move and after you move as opposed to FFTA, where you can move as many times (within your range) as you want to check :P

Oh right :P

Zolias

Quote from: Toshiko on December 07, 2015, 04:48:52 pm
Nobody will ASM hack for WotL. If you want help with ASM, switch to PSX version as your base. If you insist on using WotL as a base, you're gonna need to learn to write ASM yourself, without also causing the game to fail catastrophically under its feeble emulation layer.

Trust me, if I understood Hex at ALL, I would've done it myself.  I clearly don't get it, and if it's possible to remove both Multiplayer stuff (while keeping the game itself intact, with a few Dark Swords here and there and a pair of Minerva Bustiers, I would think it may help the game run even better.  Basically, delete what I don't need, keep a few things I might (and put them somewhere else for good measure, so they're hard to come by), it may just work wonders... at least, in theory, anyway.  Also, need to include the speedup patch that someone else made for WotL (can't remember who).

I can do a lot of the classwork (MC and maybe figure out something about the Paragon class), make monsters cast what I want, and maybe put any Ramza encounters as set classes on FFTP (changing them depending on encounter).  I think eventually I can deal with 24 Roster (including guests), since all we're having in the party is 4 characters that can change classes (MC, Paragon, human-like monster, and Reis after changing to normal), and the rest monsters.  So, that's actually a lot of things down, but I would need an advisor, a spriter (I have a spritesheet for the MC that someone made for me, but it needs some alterations), a scripter, and a portrait maker.  I have an idea what the added people will look like, but I have no artistic style whatsoever.  Remember, this is my first attempt at a game, but any help would be appreciated.

Quote from: Jumza on December 07, 2015, 07:34:04 pm
And get your hands dirty with work! You say you want a team because you lack the knowledge, that means you don't really have a great idea of how this stuff works :/ Once you know a little bit about how everything works you'll be able to be more specific with what you want / need, and you'll get a better handle on what your limitations are as (I assume) a non-ASM'er (of course you can always ask the talented people for help :P).

Once you have something to show people, actual work, then they'll flock to you (sometimes)!

I'm actually going to start on what I can do now, though a few of the Unknown effects on FFTP confuse me.  Trust me, I'm getting my hands dirty on what I can do, and asking for help for what I can't.

Xifanie

Quote from: Xifanie on December 07, 2015, 04:50:37 pm
Some important reading

Using WotL as a base is a TERRIBLE idea
Requesting anyone to help you out when you have nothing to show is a TERRIBLE idea
Starting a mod with the premise that people will do the work for you is a TERRIBLE idea

You might... want to change your perspective over the whole thing.
And we're always willing to teach people willing to learn. Doing everything for you is another matter entirely; you kinda have to prove yourself first before that.

+ Ignoring an admin's reply is a TERRIBLE idea

Btw, if you don't do it yourself, it won't happen. Ever.
You have higher chances of winning the 50 million lottery.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful