• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 07:21:29 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Ensuring units use abilities / units not using abilities

Started by CliveHowlitzer, November 17, 2012, 02:49:31 am

CliveHowlitzer

I've changed some of the skillsets for some enemies for a custom encounter. I changed the loadout in their job skills a bit. For example like, I loaded Ja Magic with all healing/buffing. However I think I don't quite understand how to make sure they have it and use it. I set their jobs learned to 8 in the FFT patcher. I set the learn percent on all the moves to 100% and organize them from top to bottom by priority to learn.
Howeve,r in battle, they dont seem to have them or refuse to use them. They just spam haste over and over, or end their own turn.
Same with trying to give a summoner ONLY Bahamut, but with extended range and damage. He won't use it, even though he has the MP for it. He'll just close to melee and hit me with his staff. Even if I set his PA to 1, and take away a weapon, he'll still run up and try and melee me.
Am I missing something? I was under the impression if you just put certain skills in the skill set, and had the job thing set at 8 in the patcher, they'd just use everything in there.
What am I doing wrong?
What can change the nature of a man?

Dasse

Look if the abilities you want the enemies to use have "Used By AI" Checked and "Target Enemies" also make sure the they don't require much JP as even if the priority to learn is 100% they won't if they don't have enough JP.
That's my only idea...

Jon

You don't need to check "Target Enemies" if its healing and buffing, wtf that doesn't even make sense. Don't change abilities in this way unless you're making something new. It sounds to me like you just want to use preexisting abilities with better AoE and range, leave the abilities flagged as they are.

What you wanna do is if you want human enemies to have x skills in x skill set is to use the skill sets that have hard coded to have all the abilities unlocked. In FFTPatcher I'm pretty sure that if you use anything from 67 Fear and onwards it will be learned 100%. If you want you could just move those Zodiac beast moves from x skill set(since they have usually 2) to just one skill set and that will not only open up a skill set for 100% learnable abilities but also it should make it easier to rename and give a description to the skill set in FFTacText.
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!