• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:48:51 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Amici's sprites

Started by Amici, October 27, 2010, 10:58:08 am

Amici

Dante V2.0

Maybe someone can take this for a spin on Shishi? Still missing a portrait though, maybe I can request from one of the masters here? :)  Still needs a few tweaks before I submit this though (and I'm still missing a portrait =P). I really need to take a break from this though, at least for tonight lol.

EDIT: And BTW, I've only used 14 colors, I have 2 slots I dunno where to use :P I'm thinking more details on the coat, but as of now I can't think of a way to place some without making it look cluttered. Any ideas?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Wolfran

It looks good so far, and don't worry about those 2 slots, my wolf knight only uses 12 colours :)
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

Cheetah

What arms are you using? I'm concerned about them.
Current Projects:

ffta707

On the top - The furthest right, he looks like a hunched over grandma. I can't quite put a finger on what is causing it though. (Bottem pic.)

I guess it's the Grey hair. XD

Amici

@Cheetah: I'm using a combination of Delita and Elmdor arms, so far testing them in-game reveals no problems :)

ffta707

Quote from: "Amici"@Cheetah: I'm using a combination of Delita and Elmdor arms, so far testing them in-game reveals no problems :)

I think that is it. But who cares.... It is an impressive sprite.

Kill_Bones

Liking the hair alot better now. The arms don't really appeal to me either, but I assume it has more to do with personal preference.

Full credit to Mayhem over at RPGuild for my sig

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."  

-Abraham Lincoln

Quote from: Dome on February 19, 2011, 04:36:46 am
Sorry Eternal, I don't have balls....

Amici

Lijj

I like this sprite so far.
I think the arms are pretty nice. I'd have to see them in Shishi's to see if they are truly of quality and I don't have that on this computer. I don't want to DL anything on something that isn't mine.
As for the portrait I'd be down if it's still necessary when I return. (far from home atm)
  • Modding version: PSX

Amici

Wow really? I'm really looking forward to that Lijj :( Face and coat I've been able to do from copy+pasting some existing ones. I can't wait :) :)

Amici

Portrait trials have resulted in utter failure. I tried putting in Llyud's hair on the Garamonde Elmdore portrait of Smash, which resulted in so (haven't changed the colors yet since I don't want to put effort on something that sucks so much =P). I think I'll stick to spriting. *patiently waiting for Lijj* :D

On the other hand though, anyone have tips for portrait making? I can't keep asking for the experts to make me a portrait in the future =P

Amici

No one interested in making a portrait? :( Or tips at least? Can't wait to submit this to the site, but I really can't find or create the right portrait...

EDIT: I really have no idea how to do this... =P Took me so long to get to this...and I'd rather not submit my sprite if this is gonna be the base of my final portrait ugh...

Kagebunji

Obviously you have to change the colors of this port. I can't tell anything more, post a 2x port as well will you?

Amici

I appreciate the attention :P

Kagebunji

QuoteAs for the portrait I'd be down if it's still necessary when I return. (far from home atm)
Just wait for Lijj.

Your current one has way too long neck, his black coat has incredibly weird shading, and where the hell is second eye. This is Smash's Garamonde? You screwed it up pretty badly, really. Don't give up though, first portraits always suck.

Also, if you don't change the arms on sprites, I won't accept this. They are too wide, look at other arms to see how they should look like.

ffta707

Quote from: "Kagebunji"
QuoteAs for the portrait I'd be down if it's still necessary when I return. (far from home atm)
Just wait for Lijj.

Your current one has way too long neck, his black coat has incredibly weird shading, and where the hell is second eye. This is Smash's Garamonde? You screwed it up pretty badly, really. Don't give up though, first portraits always suck.

Also, if you don't change the arms on sprites, I won't accept this. They are too wide, look at other arms to see how they should look like.

I didn't think it was that bad for a first portrait.

Heck, I can't even make a portrait yet, or at least haven't tried.

Amici

@Kagebunji: Yeah it's pretty screwed up, even I admit that much. I think I'd focus attention on fine-tuning the sprite instead (can't help it though, it feels incomplete without a portrait, and it's my first 'original' sprite so you'd have to excuse my giddiness :)

I compared the arms with my base (which is Mediator) as well as other sprites, it's not that it's wide, it's more that the shoulder joint is high. To tell you the truth, I can't see how to edit it to look like how it should look correctly. Maybe you can do a quick edit for me, show me how you'd do it? Just for that one pose, so I know how I'll go about it? :)

@ffta707: Nah, I'm with Kagebunji on this one, this is messed up lol. I can't even get the colors right for the hair, it has a bluish-gray tinge on it I can't figure out. Portrait hair colors work differently than sprite palettes.

ffta707

Quote from: "Amici"@Kagebunji: Yeah it's pretty screwed up, even I admit that much. I think I'd focus attention on fine-tuning the sprite instead (can't help it though, it feels incomplete without a portrait, and it's my first 'original' sprite so you'd have to excuse my giddiness :)

I compared the arms with my base (which is Mediator) as well as other sprites, it's not that it's wide, it's more that the shoulder joint is high. To tell you the truth, I can't see how to edit it to look like how it should look correctly. Maybe you can do a quick edit for me, show me how you'd do it? Just for that one pose, so I know how I'll go about it? :)

@ffta707: Nah, I'm with Kagebunji on this one, this is messed up lol. I can't even get the colors right for the hair, it has a bluish-gray tinge on it I can't figure out. Portrait hair colors work differently than sprite palettes.

Ha, OK. I sort of was too, just didn't want to be harsh (Since I can't make a portrait myself).

Amici

Quote from: "ffta707"
Quote from: "Amici"@Kagebunji: Yeah it's pretty screwed up, even I admit that much. I think I'd focus attention on fine-tuning the sprite instead (can't help it though, it feels incomplete without a portrait, and it's my first 'original' sprite so you'd have to excuse my giddiness :)

I compared the arms with my base (which is Mediator) as well as other sprites, it's not that it's wide, it's more that the shoulder joint is high. To tell you the truth, I can't see how to edit it to look like how it should look correctly. Maybe you can do a quick edit for me, show me how you'd do it? Just for that one pose, so I know how I'll go about it? :D It's the only way to get better lol. I've stopped trying to fix the portrait for the meantime, and try to figure out how to fix the arms.

Kagebunji

Try looking at Ramza, Shrine Knights, Malak, most of the sprites have proper sizes. This current arm looks to square-ish, Mediaotr's is more round, just checked it. Try some c/p with various arms etc.