• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 06, 2024, 04:45:53 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Ivalice based "AMV's" (FFT, VS, FFXII)

Started by LastingDawn, July 08, 2009, 08:07:26 pm

LastingDawn

July 08, 2009, 08:07:26 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Well, as you know I love the world of Ivalice to bits! Valendia, Ivalice, Rabanastre, regardless of what part it is held in, they always manage to make their stories unique, cleverly and subtly connecting the pieces of the world of Ivalice.

After beating Vagrant Story I searched for AMV's but unfortunately there was only one, (made only a month ago surprisingly). But this is a true gem! No generic Evanescence or the dreadfully overused Linkin Park, but by a band called 8mm and the song Angel. Which fits the game perfectly. Very dark, and he matches all of the lyrics to the charaters. It is one of the best AMV's I've personally seen on YouTube.

Hush-Vagrant Story AMV

I have seen a lot of great FFXII videos, (the most common to find..)

(Personally one of my favorite FFXII videos, with a dark song all about Ashe's inability to get over her husband's death)
Ashe - Disappeared

(This video is simply hilarious, I really enjoyed the clip matching and voices taken out of context)
Dr. Cid/Ashe Do You Want To?

(Not much to context, rather then matching rythym and clips, it's not bad though)
FFXII - Nightwish

There's a few good FFT videos using the cutscenes from WoTL, unfortunately they are in very short supply...

(Personal bias here... one of my favorite games with one of my favorite animes, best songs? Count me in!)
FFT-The World

(A great amv which fits the context of the game.)
FFT - Feel For You

(An AMV all about Delita using Coldplay's Viva la Vida)
Viva la Vida - FFT
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Asmo X

July 09, 2009, 01:01:53 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
AMVs are the worst thing ever.

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

July 09, 2009, 01:11:50 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kuraudo Sutoraifu
Quote from: "Asmo X"AMVs are the worst thing ever.

Seconded.  All in favor of AMVs say 'aye'.  All opposed say 'nay'.

DarthPaul

July 09, 2009, 01:17:16 am #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Aye.

I find AMVs to be good entertainment if they are made right. Or if they come from hell.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

akwikone

July 09, 2009, 01:30:54 am #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by akwikone
Aye

I enjoy a good AMV, personal favorite of the ones LD posted is the Vagrant Story one

LastingDawn

July 09, 2009, 02:44:58 am #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Well, as creator of the topic I have to say  'aye'. I find them to be interesting excerpts into the story through the medium of song, is that such a bad thing? Did you even give these a chance before you railed against them though?
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

boomkick

July 09, 2009, 04:29:01 am #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
No offense, but not a fan of AMVs. NAY!

This fan made animation is the shit!

Dead Fantasy

(No FFT srryz)

Dome

July 09, 2009, 05:03:25 am #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
Quote from: "darthpaul"Aye.

I find AMVs to be good entertainment if they are made right. Or if they come from hell.
^this

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

DarthPaul

July 09, 2009, 09:15:58 am #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Quote from: "Asmo X"AMVs are the worst thing ever.

There are many things worse than AMVs. Have you ever played the Terminator games or Fester's Quest?
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die