• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 04:51:47 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Journey of the Five - Chapter 1 DOWNLOAD HERE! (Current Version v1.97e)

Started by 3lric, March 25, 2013, 08:13:33 pm

Kaffe

Guess I'll have to take a second jab at this. An update the day after I finish the last one... Oh well, I'm currently recording a 1.3 LP, will probably throw in a Jot5 LP whenever I need a change. :D

Advent

Quote from: Stann on August 02, 2013, 06:03:53 am
At the very least it should expose the mod to the folks over at ID who have never heard of it.

Aye. I plan on possibly doing a review for it for the ID front page as well, so you might wanna watch for that. I'll post it here as well if anyone wants me to.

kyozo22

Nice, an update. Some awesome changes there.

Also great to see moreof the guys from ID picking this up, would be good to read your review advent.
  • Modding version: WotL

tiamat234

I seem to be having a problem with the patch and i'm not sure if it's because the emulator i'm using is not compatible (epsxe by the way) but i patched the game to a vanilla fft iso and everytime i try to open the game all i get is a completely black screen and nothing else... Help?

3lric

Have you properly setup ePSXe? You have a BIOs and the correct plugins?

Try using the emulator PSXFin and see if you get the same results
  • Modding version: PSX

tiamat234

I already tried psxfin and yes i have all bios and everything. I can play vanilla fft normally and even the 1.3 fft but for some odd reason journey of the 5 does not work on neither epsxe nor psxfin... could it be because i still use windows XP?

DaTruthDT

Tiamat try getting a different FFT "Vanilla" ISO. Then patch JOT5 v1.97c on it.

It has to be something with your FFT ISO.

tiamat234

Allright it was the ISO i used. Loving the game guys, great job with the sprites and all c:

RavenOfRazgriz

k bugfix 1.97d time.

-Procs are fixed for real this time.
-Some incorrect animations were fixed, it appears some Vanilla animations had got restored by accident when I moved data around.
-Learn on Hit works again by removing Monster's Kin and all code associated with it for the time being.

I know there's a text error still when the game tries to display the asterisk (*) character but that would take me a while to fix and I'd rather get the playability fix out sometime today.

tiamat234

You know... I can't help but to imagine dante turning to everyone and asking on the middle of a fight "Wait... Why the FUCK are we walking on the same place???"

tiamat234

DaTruthDT

RavenOfRazgriz

It's what I do.

FFTPatcher .482 can eat a dick, great for editing files but ruins the ISO when trying to apply changes.  Accidentally used it on 1.97d and broke the entire ISO so have a .197e bugfix so the game is playable.

Glain

If the problem is with .482 specifically, that sounds like something I might want to debug...

Is this with FFTP itself, or TacText or one of the other programs? Also, any details and/or ways to reproduce?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

RavenOfRazgriz

It happens when I attempt to apply my .ffttext file using .482's version of FFTacText.  I know I've mentioned it before, but Eternal went "oh it works for me" and no one looked into it.  My .ffttext file rewrites basically every piece of text data on the ISO so that might be related.  (I mean, obviously.)  I just patch my ISO with it and the entire thing goes to shit.

Glain

Okay, gotcha.  I'll try to figure out what's going on with the TacText patching routine (and/or overwrite it with the one from .457, if it would work in the current codebase, and I can find it).  Thanks!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Vulmen

Hey guys. Quick question, is this where I should be monitoring for status toward the next release? I've seen the discussion of the patches, and I like the detail. Just wondering if there's a different progress page to see.

I've been lurking this thread ever since I played. :)

3lric

• Modding version: PSX